• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers/Bruins

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The rebirth of a storied rivalry. It's hard to believe that these teams haven't met in the playoffs since 1978. Some early morning, off-the-top-of-my-head thoughts:

Should be a low scoring series, which mitigates the Flyers injury woes to some extent. Scorelines like 2-1, 2-0, etc. lessen the loss of Gagne and Carter if guys like Giroux and Briere playing strong and if the Flyers get timely contributions from guys like JVR, Asham, and Hartnell. 'Dirty' goals may go a long way in this series.

Boosh was superb in the Devils series, and he will have to be again for the Flyers to have any shot. Rask is going to give the B's solid goaltending, so Boosh must do the same for the Flyers.

There's been a lot of talk about Savard's return. But the guy really worries me is Patrice Bergeron. He has a knack for scoring timely goals against the Flyers.

I'm not confident in making any predictions for this series when it comes to results. To me, it's one of those series where it could go four as easily as it could go seven. Having no faith in an objective prediction, I'll simply go with the homer pick of saying Flyers in six. But put an asterisk next to it to note my doubts.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1048771-kate-smith-picture.htm

Plus we have this on our side. Our replacement for Lappy!

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This series is very tough to call. Both teams have goaltenders who have played very well thus far, both teams have a big mean defenseman anchoring the blueline, both teams have a gritty, physical game. I would really like to see Pronger and Chara get into it with each other, partly because I like a good "big guy" scrap, and party because I hate Pronger and I know Chara would pulverize his face.

I think while both teams have similar top-end talent, the Flyers are going to be a little too deep for the Bruins. I just don't see the Bruin's third and fourth lines winning their matchups against Philly's third and fourth lines. I also think Philly's second and third pairings on defense have played a little better than Boston's.

My guess is Philly in six, but this is a very tough series to predict. I think the only thing that would surprise me here is a five game series or a sweep.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flyers in 6

If the Flyers can stay out of the box, they're in good shape. If they don't....they will be toast.

With Carter, Lappy and Gagne being out, there's just not enough offensive depth to carry the team if Giroux has to kill penalties all night too. Cement head Hartnell is stuck on "I have my head up my ass" mode, so he can't be relied upon to do anything but fuck shit up. JVR needs to step up his game too. He's been good, but we need excellent from him to do any damage.

Now, if Nodl, Ross, and/or Kalinski bring some offense with them then...that could even things up a bit, but that is just a wish of mine that, to be honest, I don't see happening. I hope I'm wrong about that and they all light it up regularly.

One thing is certain........it will be a fun series to watch.

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eddie, it's about time you showed us the real you!

On a side note, the Bruins have no chance in this series, for two reasons. The first being because I said so, the second is because I have been praying at the altar of our beloved Kate Smith. There my friends lies the X-factor. I tried to post a picture of it but I am retarted and can't get it to do what I want, this is why your children should not do Bong hits before 6:00 a.m:D

So let's get this PARTY started. Come on , I want all 2 of the Bruins fans here. No punches pulled, Be prepared to be destroyed!:eek:

MM213

Медведей не кормить
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm not going to predict an outcome, but I'll be rooting for Flyers in this series, they are fun to watch

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

On a side note, the Bruins have no chance in this series, for two reasons. The first being because I said so, the second is because I have been praying at the altar of our beloved Kate Smith. There my friends lies the X-factor. I tried to post a picture of it but I am retarted and can't get it to do what I want, this is why your children should not do Bong hits before 6:00 a.m:D

So let's get this PARTY started. Come on , I want all 2 of the Bruins fans here. No punches pulled, Be prepared to be destroyed!:eek:

The real me? You mean you think I'm a closeted Flyers fan, or my new avatar? I couldn't decide between Jim here and the guy who used to do the "gangster accountant" shtick, but I couldn't remember his name or find his picture so I went with Anchower.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kate Smith has entered the board.......everyone bow down in respect!!!!

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The real me? You mean you think I'm a closeted Flyers fan, or my new avatar? I couldn't decide between Jim here and the guy who used to do the "gangster accountant" shtick, but I couldn't remember his name or find his picture so I went with Anchower.

Your Avatar, I only expect you to become a Closet Flyer's fan if the Wings get beat:D

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whoa, I just found the other pic, Herbert Kornfeld... very tempting, I might have to use it...

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the Winter Classic has a rematch in the playoffs, very interesting. I expect a very physical series, but I don't see the Bruins taking it to seven against the hot Flyers.

Flyers in six.

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'm not going to predict an outcome, but I'll be rooting for Flyers in this series, they are fun to watch

Thanks, MM. The Flyers have a nice blend of styles at the forward and defense positions with finesse guys like Giroux, Timmonen and Briere, but also can bang on the boards with the likes of Carcillo, Asham, and Pronger.

They play an aggressive forecheck which worried me when Laviolette took over. I thought it would set up too much space between the forwards and the d-men for the counter-attack. But guys like Carle, Parent, and Bartulis have shown they could handle the added responsibility.

The Flyers tend to get a lot of stick for their 'chippiness'. But I don't see how guys like Carcillo and Hartnell are any different (style-wise) from guys like Matt Cooke, Kirk Maltby, etc. Every team needs an agitator or two just to let the other team know they are there.

All in all, an entertaning brand of hockey when they're healthy. Now, if they could just get that consistency thing down....

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We need Beantownmaniac or some other B's fan to get in here and tell us what the Bruins will need to do to win. If it's left up to me, I'll say something completely uneducated like "Turn Rask into Halak." :)

Eddie_Shack

likes oatmeal lumpy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Flyers tend to get a lot of stick for their 'chippiness'. But I don't see how guys like Carcillo and Hartnell are any different (style-wise) from guys like Matt Cooke, Kirk Maltby, etc. Every team needs an agitator or two just to let the other team know they are there.

He's different than Kirk Maltby, because Kirk Maltby hasn't thrown a hard check in the last four years, hasn't been a scoring threat since he was a bantam, and hasn't been in a real fight since he slapped around tough guy Rene Corbet.

Don't get me wrong, I love Malts... but his time has passed.

DChero

Out of Work Superhero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The interesting thing about the Flyers is that they're a team that seems to be built specifically for the playoffs. We saw some upsets in the first round this season, but the Flyers, who struggled at times in the regular season, seem to really stand out in these types of games. If I were a Flyers fan, I'd be extremely happy with the position this team is in.

Larry N

Flyers fan for life
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
He's different than Kirk Maltby, because Kirk Maltby hasn't thrown a hard check in the last four years, hasn't been a scoring threat since he was a bantam, and hasn't been in a real fight since he slapped around tough guy Rene Corbet.

Don't get me wrong, I love Malts... but his time has passed.

Oh, I hear you, Eddie. I was harkening back to the 'classic' Maltby; the guy who you love on your team, but loathe as an opponent.