• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers acquire Grossman

SuperFlyer13

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny. After all of our talk about Gill, Allen etc...etc...etc, Homer ends up getting Grossman first.

...and for basically nothing too??

Shiiiit....:thumb:

Which still leaves a bullet or 2 in the gun for Homer

banditshcky11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't read one single rumor w/ Briere mentioned in it. I think this is more wishful thinking by Flyers fan and not really part of Homer's plans. Of course, anything could happen but I highly doubt Briere will be moved.

A few weeks ago there was a Briere for Yandle rumor circulating. It would make sense for both teams PHX needing scoring help and the Flyers needing a quality top 4 d-man. The only downside to Yandle would be he is more of an offensive d-man then defensive, but he is insanely talented and could help the PP unit and our offense, plus he is fast and usually gets back into position to make solid defensive plays. He just isn't the shutdown guy I think alouy of us wanted to see. Grossman is that type of player though so I must again give Homer credit on a making a great move.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Won't Regret This

This is the guy I wanted from Day 1. He's going to pay huge dividends defensively at even strength and on the penalty kill, plus he's going to make us that much harder to play against, especially in any given playoff series where physicality will pay off much more in the long run.

Grossman is a massive upgrade and also averages 19 minutes per game while MAB and Gus average under 16 and are far less effective, which takes a huge load of pressure off of the rest of our defensive core. Once Meszaros returns, everyone can play fewer minutes as the load will be spread out across five defensemen predominantly instead of four.

Ideally, we get one more defenseman obviously, but Gill is now off the market as you all know.

Last edited by a moderator:

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the guy I wanted from Day 1. He's going to pay huge dividends defensively at even strength and on the penalty kill, plus he's going to make us that much harder to play against, especially in any given playoff series where physicality will pay off much more in the long run.

Grossman is a massive upgrade and also averages 19 minutes per game while MAB and Gus average under 16 and are far less effective, which takes a huge load of pressure off of the rest of our defensive core. Once Meszaros returns, everyone can play fewer minutes as the load will be spread out across five defensemen predominantly instead of four.

Ideally, we get one more defenseman obviously, but Gill is now off the market as you all know.

Word going around is that the Flyers are talking to the Kings in regard to Johnson to Philly for JVR. Saw it on twitter and 4th period.

PhillyPhaithful48

Pickles will Prevail
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Word going around is that the Flyers are talking to the Kings in regard to Johnson to Philly for JVR. Saw it on twitter and 4th period.

I was just thinking about this. With Howson in attendance tonight, we might have a 3 way deal in the works.

Nash has been linked to LA
JvR has been linked...everywhere.
Jack Johnson is a defensemen which means the flyers should be interested in him.