• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Flyers Acquire Andrew MacDonald From Isles

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes no sense. We have an expensive d-core, we aren't seriously competing, we have a thin prospect pool, and Macdonald has already rejected $4mil from the isles

keep in mind that's the isles though.. he might reject 4 from the flyers too, but it's not unheard of for people to refuse to sign/play for the isles

EVille3

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It makes no sense. We have an expensive d-core, we aren't seriously competing, we have a thin prospect pool, and Macdonald has already rejected $4mil from the isles

I don't know...they have been towards the top of the league standings since the horrid start and didn't give up any of their young core or prospects...if he helps on the back end at all, who thinks they can't make a run at it?

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CONFIRMED TRADE »

Philadelphia Acquired:
Andrew MacDonald

NYI Acquired:
Matt Mangene
2015 2nd round pick
2014 3rd round pick

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We certainly could use a guy like Macdonald and the deadline isnt here yet there may be more trades to follow.

JBM73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I like the trade, at least in theory in terms of what MacDonald is SUPPOSED to bring. Can't say I've actually watched him play much. I guess my biggest concern is the fact that he's 2nd worst on the Isles in terms of +/-. Hopefully he's not asked to do as much with the Flyers, or perhaps finds himself with a better defensive partner.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I definitely disagree with this. If we aren't seriously competing, then nobody else in our division is either, because we're outperforming them all right now.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I like the trade, at least in theory in terms of what MacDonald is SUPPOSED to bring. Can't say I've actually watched him play much. I guess my biggest concern is the fact that he's 2nd worst on the Isles in terms of +/-. Hopefully he's not asked to do as much with the Flyers, or perhaps finds himself with a better defensive partner.

a lot of it probably has to do with the isles being bad and him getting the big defensive responsibilities. i'm ok with it really though. should be a top 4 guy, for a 2nd and 3rd, that's pretty good value. i mean, we're asking for a 2nd for a 3rd pair guy, so..

i dont love him. but again, if you cant get a top notch dman, you have to have a group of 6 dmen that won't kill you. macdonald is an addition to that because top notch dmen aren't available unless you trade a golden goose for them.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also i'm just gunna throw this out there.. i'm still a homer supporter, so if he thinks this is a good move, i'm ok with it. only big mistakes he's made in my mind were signing bryz and waiting to fire lavy.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
keep in mind that's the isles though.. he might reject 4 from the flyers too, but it's not unheard of for people to refuse to sign/play for the isles

Even if he was just trying to get away from the Isles someone will end up paying him. Free agency guarantees it.

I don't know...they have been towards the top of the league standings since the horrid start and didn't give up any of their young core or prospects...if he helps on the back end at all, who thinks they can't make a run at it?

I definitely disagree with this. If we aren't seriously competing, then nobody else in our division is either, because we're outperforming them all right now.

That's where we will have to disagree. I'm hoping we make the playoffs and enjoy a nice run, but I see no way we win a cup this year

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if he was just trying to get away from the Isles someone will end up paying him. Free agency guarantees it.

That's where we will have to disagree. I'm hoping we make the playoffs and enjoy a nice run, but I see no way we win a cup this year

Odds are he's going to end up loving Philly and signing with us for cheaper than if he were a free agent. And since when does a team have to be a powerhouse all season long to win the Cup? It's whoever is playing the best hockey in April, May and June. That could still be us.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Odds are he's going to end up loving Philly and signing with us for cheaper than if he were a free agent. And since when does a team have to be a powerhouse all season long to win the Cup? It's whoever is playing the best hockey in April, May and June. That could still be us.

You're absolutely right. With this defense, Macdonald included, I have my doubts.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Rundblad to the hawks

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes me sad. Young puck mover, would've been a nice addition next year

Ya.. That really doesn't please me. Runblad would've been the better choice in every possible way. *grumble

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya.. That really doesn't please me. Runblad would've been the better choice in every possible way. *grumble

I hope you're being sarcastic. This guy seems more like a 23 year old first rounder that never panned out. He's been a healthy scratch for the majority of the season. As far as I'm concerned, he's still being developed and we're already doing that with some even younger defensemen.

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JohnBorukCSN: I am told the #Flyers will look to sign Andrew MacDonald past this season...Price tag in the $4-5 million range AAV

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@JohnBorukCSN: I am told the #Flyers will look to sign Andrew MacDonald past this season...Price tag in the $4-5 million range AAV

The guy is actually leading the league in shot blocks, plus his passing and overall offense have improved greatly over the last couple of years from what I hear. It's tough to see all of this when we just sit here and look at his -19 on a bad Islander team.

Either way, we're going to get a quick look at whether he's worth that money here on a much better team. I am anxious to see if he gets paired with Streit and what happens from there.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope you're being sarcastic. This guy seems more like a 23 year old first rounder that never panned out. He's been a healthy scratch for the majority of the season. As far as I'm concerned, he's still being developed and we're already doing that with some even younger defensemen.

Heh, I actually wasn't. While I'm not having the MacDonald trade, he is what the flyers have. I'd rather risk a 2nd rounder that runblad develops in to a dynamic offensive threat on the back end. He can move, he can pass, he can shoot. The flyers sorely lack all three.

The coyotes have oel and Yandle, they don't need a guy like runblad. Hence the scratching.