• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fletcher, Elam, and Lynch to be Inducted ROF

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No a statue of Tebow posing wouldn't be awesome. I got nothing against Tebow the person, Tebow the QB simply wasn't good & he gets way too much credit for what the Broncos did as a team in 2011. Examples: in 14 games played (11 started) he was sacked 33 times. He had 14 fumbles (+6 int's) & he completed less than 50% of his passes (46.5). I know alotta people like Tebow the person, & again I got nothing against him. But there's a reason why no teams in the NFL have even thought of him as a back-up QB let alone a starter.

Yet he won more games in that year than 5 or 6 teams a year ..okay and for god sakes lets not talk the steelers game ..

You forget on f##king thing he is a football player ! A damn fine one !

I would also like to add that the Browns wish they had his winning percentage as Starter !

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No a statue of Tebow posing wouldn't be awesome. I got nothing against Tebow the person, Tebow the QB simply wasn't good & he gets way too much credit for what the Broncos did as a team in 2011. Examples: in 14 games played (11 started) he was sacked 33 times. He had 14 fumbles (+6 int's) & he completed less than 50% of his passes (46.5). I know alotta people like Tebow the person, & again I got nothing against him. But there's a reason why no teams in the NFL have even thought of him as a back-up QB let alone a starter.

When stating stats, it is helpful to talk about the most important stat of all ..

Prior to the game vs the Dolphins in which Tebow was first inserted as the starter, the Broncos were 7-24 going back 31 games into the Orton era ..

7 wins - 24 losses leading up to Tebow starting

That is downright Browns-like, wouldn't you say ??

He singlehandedly turned the franchise around ... As hard as it is to imagine now coming off a Super Bowl victory, the Broncos were an organization in the garbage pile .. McDaniels has destroyed this team, and there was zero morale ..

The only difference between the team that went 7-24 and the team that made the playoffs THAT SAME YEAR was Tebow ..

He provided this organization with something that was not there

Statue: Earned and Deserved

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow is more stud than all of Browns team combined .. he has more damn hart that is for sure ... he gave all he had .. that cannot be said about one of you crapy asses QB's

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet he won more games in that year than 5 or 6 teams a year ..okay and for god sakes lets not talk the steelers game ..

You forget on f##king thing he is a football player ! A damn fine one !

I would also like to add that the Browns wish they had his winning percentage as Starter !

I didn't mention the steelers game, so I'm not sure why you did. And if he's really a damn fine football player why hasn't a single team picked him up? The Browns...great deflection. That dysfunctional franchise isn't even interested in him.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When stating stats, it is helpful to talk about the most important stat of all ..

Prior to the game vs the Dolphins in which Tebow was first inserted as the starter, the Broncos were 7-24 going back 31 games into the Orton era ..

7 wins - 24 losses leading up to Tebow starting

That is downright Browns-like, wouldn't you say ??

He singlehandedly turned the franchise around ... As hard as it is to imagine now coming off a Super Bowl victory, the Broncos were an organization in the garbage pile .. McDaniels has destroyed this team, and there was zero morale ..

The only difference between the team that went 7-24 and the team that made the playoffs THAT SAME YEAR was Tebow ..

He provided this organization with something that was not there

Statue: Earned and Deserved

Like I said yesterday I got nothing against Tebow the person. But Tebow the football player isn't good. And that's not saying anything negative about him...it's the truth. Seriously if he's really an NFL qb why hasn't a single team picked him up?

RDog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm very happy that Simon Fletcher finally go recognized for his accomplishments - he was never selected to a pro bowl despite his outstanding play.

I have to rant about the section criteria. Many have questioned the selection on Lynch due to his short term with the Broncos. That is very valid. Yet, Charlie Johnson is up there after serving only four years of a very mediocre tenor in our town. One had four pro bowls in Denver, the had zero.

SpiritOf77

Lucas707
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said yesterday I got nothing against Tebow the person. But Tebow the football player isn't good. And that's not saying anything negative about him...it's the truth. Seriously if he's really an NFL qb why hasn't a single team picked him up?

I never said that he was a great, or even a good NFL player .. He's extremely limited with the skills he brings ..

That makes the fact that he won those games and turned a franchise around even more incredible .. He did it on sheer will and desire, with NFL skills at the bottom of the list ..

Basically, he carried an NFL organization on his back for an entire season with no QB'ing skills

He won games that were not going to be won without him

Like I said, he's not only part of Denver Broncos folklore, he's part of NFL lore ...

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The White Rhino - on Simon Fletcher

Search

Simon Fletcher will be inducted into the Broncos Ring of Fame this year. Fletch and I were roommates on the road. It was unusual for the Broncos to put a white and a black guy together but I'm glad they did. I think they were hoping that Simon would learn from my off the field persona, but Simon inspired me more than I changed him. Fletch would party hard, but never let it interfere with his unbelievable work ethic. There are three words that I think of when I think about Simon: accountable, consistent, and closer. Simon became a father in college, and when his daughter Ashley's mother wouldn't take care of her Simon stepped up and raised her. Some guys who like the nightlife don't show up full speed at practice or for games. Simon played 11 years for the Broncos and never missed a game. I know there were games when he played injured and games he played sick but his consistent effort and play was inspiring for all of his teammates. He was the Broncos Derek Thomas, coming off the corner relentlessly, every game, every play, every year. Simon passed me up as the Broncos all time sack leader and didn't look back. They didn't used to keep track of qb hurrys or hits but the mayhem Simon caused in the back field led to many sacks and interceptions for his teammates. One of the amazing things about Fletch was how he finished each game and each year. While other players tired Simon didn't. His sack totals accelerated at the end of each year and in the 4th quarter of games. I loved being Simon's teammate with the Broncos and look forward to being his teammate in the Ring of Fame.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't mention the steelers game, so I'm not sure why you did. And if he's really a damn fine football player why hasn't a single team picked him up? The Browns...great deflection. That dysfunctional franchise isn't even interested in him.

Okay .... well I can't help you .. but I can say this he was a blast to watch and I wish we would pick him up and at least take advantage of his beast mode and make him a TE ..

I don't give a crap how you get the man on the field I want him on my side ..

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mention the Steelers game because that what you call winning a play off game ...You know what the browns have not done in how long ? yep crappy ..

I think not

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mention the Steelers game because that what you call winning a play off game ...You know what the browns have not done in how long ? yep crappy ..

I think not

Oddly enough the Browns have nothing to do w/ Tebow's short NFL career. Although it's funny that instead of admitting no team currently wants him you insist on bringing up that awful organization. Again...stop deflecting & tell me why no other team in the NFL has picked him up.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay .... well I can't help you .. but I can say this he was a blast to watch and I wish we would pick him up and at least take advantage of his beast mode and make him a TE ..

I don't give a crap how you get the man on the field I want him on my side ..

Hey I didn't ask for your help & I haven't fooled myself into believing he's an NFL qb. I'm gonna ask you the same question I asked 58crash...if he's really an NFL qb why are no teams interested in him?

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oddly enough the Browns have nothing to do w/ Tebow's short NFL career. Although it's funny that instead of admitting no team currently wants him you insist on bringing up that awful organization. Again...stop deflecting & tell me why no other team in the NFL has picked him up.

Well many reasons honestly

1) The media circus that seems to follow him everywhere that even a 3rd string QB gets more attention than any other player on the team. That can be a detriment to the chemistry of the team.

2) Talent wise he has some skills that you love and some things that just make you shake your head.

3) Ability to read a defense was severely lacking. He would usually make 1 or 2 reads and then take off running almost every time and it just never seemed to get better.

I honestly do think the kid has talent enough to be on an NFL roster. He just brings a lot of baggage with him and I honestly think he would be better served to switch positions to like a TE and see what he can do. I know that switch wouldn't be easy by any means but I think it would be his best shot to actually get back into the league and have a team give him a shot.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well many reasons honestly

1) The media circus that seems to follow him everywhere that even a 3rd string QB gets more attention than any other player on the team. That can be a detriment to the chemistry of the team.

2) Talent wise he has some skills that you love and some things that just make you shake your head.

3) Ability to read a defense was severely lacking. He would usually make 1 or 2 reads and then take off running almost every time and it just never seemed to get better.

I honestly do think the kid has talent enough to be on an NFL roster. He just brings a lot of baggage with him and I honestly think he would be better served to switch positions to like a TE and see what he can do. I know that switch wouldn't be easy by any means but I think it would be his best shot to actually get back into the league and have a team give him a shot.

I agree w/ what ya said. Hell I live in Boulder & don't know many (if any) that liked Tebow's QB abilities the year he was here. Great person...but he wasn't a good QB.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
look That Broncos player you talked of Did more than you team has done in 30 years in one year of playing.. Seems to me you need to find a player like him for your team you know a real football player with will to win .

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree w/ what ya said. Hell I live in Boulder & don't know many (if any) that liked Tebow's QB abilities the year he was here. Great person...but he wasn't a good QB.

Here is what I will say. Tebow was perfect in the sense he brought excitement back to a franchise that had been on a downhill slide for quite a few years and had hit rock bottom in 2010. I mean that was the worst season ever by the Denver Broncos. So in comes Tebow and while yes his QB ability for 3 1/2 Quarters was down right terrible and had you pulling out your hair he still found a way to make that one or two exciting plays a game that helped us to win it in the end. Heck you could almost say the same thing about Peyton this past year of he would be down right terrible most of the game and then when we needed a play he showed up and did something magical. Tebow helped to put this team back on the map and honestly without that 8-8 season with making the playoffs I'm not sure Manning wants to come to Denver. So I will always be grateful for the Tebow season even if he wasn't that great of a QB he still brought about some of the best memories of my time as a Bronco fan. Until this past year's Super Bowl I'm not sure I had ever celebrated as much as that win over Pittsburgh in the playoffs. I was in a bowling alley with my wife in Seattle at the time with no other Broncos fans and my screaming caused the entire crowd to turn and see what was going on. I will never forget that game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually watching the Tebow game right now against Pittsburgh. Crazy to look back just a few years ago at the team we had. Honestly hard to watch Champ Bailey as man not sure any Bronco that never got a ring deserved it more than that guy. Worked his tail off and conducted himself as professionally as any player I have ever seen. The Broncos need to bring him back for the coaching staff to work with all these corners.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I will say I do love watching this OL from 2011. Clady playing at a high level. Franklin on the other side just running over people. Beadles pulling across the line. JD Walton before injury looking good. The touchdown run by Tebow in the 2nd Quarter truly was a thing of beauty for the ZBS style. Huge hole for Tebow to run through.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually watching the Tebow game right now against Pittsburgh. Crazy to look back just a few years ago at the team we had. Honestly hard to watch Champ Bailey as man not sure any Bronco that never got a ring deserved it more than that guy. Worked his tail off and conducted himself as professionally as any player I have ever seen. The Broncos need to bring him back for the coaching staff to work with all these corners.
He was in the era when all our Dbs were leading in tackles. Not a good sign.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Would be the Browns best QB. Just saying. GL with RGIII. See how that works out like I don't already know. Peace.