• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Five Notable Remaining NBA Free Agents (July 21, 2015)

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Through the first six months of 2015, I haven't written a single sports blog until today. That ought to be a first ever since I started blogging on CBS since 2008...

Jason Richardson, SG, Philadelphia 76ers - Had his good and bad moments late this season with the Sixers, but the fact that he was able to make it back to the court after two years off and his career dead in the water is a major accomplishment in itself. His veteran locker room presence was crucial in the development of Nerlens Noel late last season, and he was still able to connect on 32 percent of his threes. If the Cavs were able make a reclamation project out of James Jones, there's no reason to think they don't have a spot on their bench for J-Rich. HurricaneDij's Projected Destination: Cleveland.

Jeff Ayres, PF/C, San Antonio Spurs - Has that championship pedigree and workmanlike mentality a carry a role somewhere. Though it feels as if he's been around the block a few times with his whole name change and what have you, he's still only 28. HurricaneDij's Projected Destination: Dallas.

Norris Cole, G, New Orleans Pelicans - Finally showed signs of life after his mid-season trade to the Pels, a quality organization that doesn't rely on sheer luck all the time. (That's a shot at Pat Riley if you couldn't tell.) He averaged 9.9 points and 3.2 assists on 44 percent shooting from the field and 37.8 percent shooting from three in 28 games after the trade. Should make for a quality scoring combo guard off the bench for any given team, and is no slouch defensively either. HurricaneDij's Projected Destination: Philadelphia.

Ish Smith, PG, Philadelphia 76ers - A journeyman point who helped win some fantasy league titles with his modest stat-padding after joining the Sixers. We'll just see if he's anything more than a third-stringer on a contender, as he still only shot a mediocre 39.8 percent from the field in those games with Philly. HurricaneDij's Projected Destination: New Orleans.

Matthew Dellavedova, G, Cleveland Cavaliers - Will probably never amount to anything more than a 15-minute-a-night role player for any team and is lacking in terms of defined talents, but he offers that grit and toughness that propels teams over the top. He offered the big body defensively at the point guard over Kyrie Irving, and the difference was evident in Game 2 of the NBA Finals when Steph Curry shot just 2-of-15 from beyond the arc. Even though Curry ultimately had the last laugh, an adjustment had to be made. HurricaneDij's Projected Destination: Phoenix.
http://hurricanedij39.sportsblog.co...emaining-nba-free-agents--july-21--2015-.html
The Eye of the HurricaneDij 2.0 :: Notable Remaining NBA Free Agents (July 21, 2015)

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Richardson looks like the best player there, be interesting to see where all these guys end up.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad you titled it notable and not top. I don't get the love for Dellavedova. He had like two good games in the playoffs but was garbage otherwise. He's a deep bench player at best. I would have added Boozer to your list instead.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man Ayres is awful, lol. He'll give you 6 fouls and that's pretty much it. I'm glad he left SA.