• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fitzgerald signs another 1 year deal with Cards

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted him badly in New England.

Fitzerald NEEDS a ring... He deserves it!

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wanted him badly in New England.

Fitzerald NEEDS a ring... He deserves it!
Late season trade next year. Cards do him a solid before he retires. Larry Legend II

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late season trade next year. Cards do him a solid before he retires. Larry Legend II
He has no desire to play anywhere else. He has told management a trade will force him to retire. It will never happen. He is above that BS.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has no desire to play anywhere else. He has told management a trade will force him to retire. It will never happen. He is above that BS.
l believe he loves the community and they love him.
But I also think if next season is his last season and AZ doesn't appear to be headed towards the P/O why wouldn't he sign an 8 week deal for a chance at a ring? He's a student of the game. It must be killing him not to be on a contender and not having a ring. He'd still retire a Card and enter the HOF as a Card but he'd have a ring.

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting a hole in one, gives you a heightened sense of grandeur.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,971.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing receiver, he deserves so much better but he opted to return rather than become a FA....

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry is a great guy, and among the legends of his position. I respect his decision to remain in AZ until he hangs it up, but at this point, it's just a waste IMO. There's no reason to keep putting your body through that much chit at age 35 when you're sticking around for a crap team that won't be relevant for at least a few more years in terms of a title run, if that. Should have picked a team closer to contention or just hung it up, he's earned enough money and isn't going to prove anything more than he already has by staying in Arizona.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
l believe he loves the community and they love him.
But I also think if next season is his last season and AZ doesn't appear to be headed towards the P/O why wouldn't he sign an 8 week deal for a chance at a ring? He's a student of the game. It must be killing him not to be on a contender and not having a ring. He'd still retire a Card and enter the HOF as a Card but he'd have a ring.
He is truly a unique dude. Of course he would love a ring but not if he has to go the generic rout. If he cant get it with the team he spent his career with, he would rather not have it.

Larry is one of a kind.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing receiver, he deserves so much better but he opted to return rather than become a FA....
Let's not forget he played for a contender for a few years. The Warner years and the Palmer years. You always hear "Larry deserves so much better", but he has had a few runs. Not every great player get's a ring.

Playoff Stats:
57 Receptions
942 Yards
10 TD's
104.7 Yards per game

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Larry is a great guy, and among the legends of his position. I respect his decision to remain in AZ until he hangs it up, but at this point, it's just a waste IMO. There's no reason to keep putting your body through that much chit at age 35 when you're sticking around for a crap team that won't be relevant for at least a few more years in terms of a title run, if that. Should have picked a team closer to contention or just hung it up, he's earned enough money and isn't going to prove anything more than he already has by staying in Arizona.
This is exactly what people who don't understand Larry say. Don't get me wrong, I don't know him personally, but I have seen him in enough interviews, signings, radio broadcasts, etc. to know, he feels blessed for what he has and that is all he needs. He absolutely loves the game of football. He literally plays for the love of the game above all else.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what people who don't understand Larry say. Don't get me wrong, I don't know him personally, but I have seen him in enough interviews, signings, radio broadcasts, etc. to know, he feels blessed for what he has and that is all he needs. He absolutely loves the game of football. He literally plays for the love of the game above all else.
I think this as well. He has stated that he loves playing for the Cardinals. He doesn't just talk the talk about love of the game and loyalty. He actually believes it in his heart from everything I've seen and heard from him. He also loves the city and the fans and his integrity would make it hard for me to believe that he would chase a ring just for the sake of it. He is very much a unique personality in today's world. There are a few sports heroes similar but it would be hard to find one that is as widely respected and admired.

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I told you, I understand and respect his decision. I just don't really agree with it as his best option. I'd feel differently if it weren't for all of the concussion and brain damage going on in the NFL, but IMO it's too brutal of a game for a legend who is arguably top 10 to spend an entire career on one dumpster fire franchise and stick with them well beyond what he can prove with them. If it were the NBA or something else less brutal on the body, I'd totally be on board.

Again I stress, I respect his decision. It's just very unfortunate that he's most likely never getting a title. On the other hand, at least he'll be among the rare few these days who can say they stuck with one team for the entirety of their career. Whereas I think say a guy like Adrian Peterson would have done a lot more for his legacy by renegotiating his deal to stay in Minnesota for another 2-3 years as a role player than bouncing around multiple other teams just for the sake of getting paid even if they have no shot at a title.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than all the Cowboy fans in Phoenix.....Larry is the only good thing the Cards have going for um

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than all the Cowboy fans in Phoenix.....Larry is the only good thing the Cards have going for um
How are Cowboy fans in Phoenix a good thing for the Cards?

Did you take the short bus growing up?

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wish the best for Larry. One of the true Good guys of this sport.