• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fisher wants to play the Rams

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I know Smed, but the post (even though it may have been done with sarcasm and irony) did highlight a very big operating factor that Snisher has infected this team with and it needs to go along with some of the roster, many of the coaches, and the entire front office!

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I know Smed, but the post (even though it may have been done with sarcasm and irony) did highlight a very big operating factor that Snisher has infected this team with and it needs to go along with some of the roster, many of the coaches, and the entire front office!

You still have to LOVE the fact that whoever Snead agrees to hire could turn around and fire him the next day :lol: :suds:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still have to LOVE the fact that whoever Snead agrees to hire could turn around and fire him the next day :lol: :suds:

the fact they put Snead in charge to look for a HC says how messed up this organization is.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact they put Snead in charge to look for a HC says how messed up this organization is.

Not really...He is the GM, why wouldn't he have an opinion?... Plus, the reports say that he is HELPING, not that he is "in charge"...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they hire Lester Hayes to be a WRs coach when he played his entire career at CB? This is more of the same systemic BS of taking people out of their natural positions and expecting them to adapt and hiring coaches who are not coaching their natural positions. Yea, I get the whole coaching fraternity thing, but the championship teams seldom do this.

C'mon man, breathe.....have a laugh! It's all we can do at this point; the anger isn't healthy.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really...He is the GM, why wouldn't he have an opinion?... Plus, the reports say that he is HELPING, not that he is "in charge"...

How is he qualified? How many of his draft picks are still on the team since he joined the Rams? hell he can't do that right I wouldn't want him to help pick a coach. And it seems like a conflict of interest because he certainly will try to hire someone that isn't going to fire him.

I believe Brockers, Quick, and shity Greg Robinson are whats left on this team for the Ransom of draft picks we got for the RG3 trade. That is pretty sad. Brockers is the only decent player. And the morons let the best player Jenkins walk. :L

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is he qualified? How many of his draft picks are still on the team since he joined the Rams? hell he can't do that right I wouldn't want him to help pick a coach. And it seems like a conflict of interest because he certainly will try to hire someone that isn't going to fire him.

I believe Brockers, Quick, and shity Greg Robinson are whats left on this team for the Ransom of draft picks we got for the RG3 trade. That is pretty sad. Brockers is the only decent player. And the morons let the best player Jenkins walk. :L

Maybe Tree to? can't remember. still that would be 2 decent players.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love a girl that knows here football:thumb::suds::clap:

yeah...apparently my memory is shitty according to wiki...

in 2013 rams controlled the 16th(via themselves) and the 22nd (via redskins) pick in the draft, the traded the 16th for the 8th(via bills) to drafted austin. Then traded the 22nd for the 30th(via atlanta) which resulted in Tree...

so in reality all we got was Brockers and Tree for a wanna be qb.

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah...apparently my memory is shitty according to wiki...

in 2013 rams controlled the 16th(via themselves) and the 22nd (via redskins) pick in the draft, the traded the 16th for the 8th(via bills) to drafted austin. Then traded the 22nd for the 30th(via atlanta) which resulted in Tree...

so in reality all we got was Brockers and Tree for a wanna be qb.

Yeah but he did take them to the playoffs and the Skins are a way better team now so somehow they won the trade.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed

the ROY statement was a joke, man. C'mon, he wasn't being serious.

in all seriousness though, Goff looks lost out there. 90 yards in 4 quarters? I would almost bet money there are posters on this fan site that could do that in a game having never played in the NFL. and yes, I am being serious. 90 yards for a whole game against one of the worst defenses in the league is a joke.

the WR's aren't as bad as many claim. yes, they drop some balls and seem to at inopportune times, but as you stated, Britt is over 1000 yards which the Rams haven't had since 2007. Tavon isn't worth the $ they gave him, but he could be better if they knew how to use him. what they need is a reliable #2 opposite Britt cause Tavon is not that guy. Cooper was solid in the slot when they finally decided to play him. and Higbee should've been playing a long time ago as far as I'm concerned.

the OL is a mess, but not as bad as many think. Robinson is another bust LT and Brown and Havenstein seem to have regressed from last season, but the OL doesn't make Goff sail his throws, throw short or into double/triple coverage either. those are all on him.

I have to say, for a QB that was touted for being smart, and for as vanilla as the offense is, it is a HUGE red flag that a) it took him so long to learn the playbook and b) that after he learned enough of it to get on the field, he looks terrible executing the playbook.

Gurley himself said the offense was middle school level. that is sad considering Goff can't handle running a middle school offense.

so, while many of us aren't ready to call bust, you have to see these things are quite concerning considering how "basic" the Rams offense is to run and the fact he is having trouble picking up the offense and executing it as well.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smed

the ROY statement was a joke, man. C'mon, he wasn't being serious.

in all seriousness though, Goff looks lost out there. 90 yards in 4 quarters? I would almost bet money there are posters on this fan site that could do that in a game having never played in the NFL. and yes, I am being serious. 90 yards for a whole game against one of the worst defenses in the league is a joke.

the WR's aren't as bad as many claim. yes, they drop some balls and seem to at inopportune times, but as you stated, Britt is over 1000 yards which the Rams haven't had since 2007. Tavon isn't worth the $ they gave him, but he could be better if they knew how to use him. what they need is a reliable #2 opposite Britt cause Tavon is not that guy. Cooper was solid in the slot when they finally decided to play him. and Higbee should've been playing a long time ago as far as I'm concerned.

the OL is a mess, but not as bad as many think. Robinson is another bust LT and Brown and Havenstein seem to have regressed from last season, but the OL doesn't make Goff sail his throws, throw short or into double/triple coverage either. those are all on him.

I have to say, for a QB that was touted for being smart, and for as vanilla as the offense is, it is a HUGE red flag that a) it took him so long to learn the playbook and b) that after he learned enough of it to get on the field, he looks terrible executing the playbook.

Gurley himself said the offense was middle school level. that is sad considering Goff can't handle running a middle school offense.

so, while many of us aren't ready to call bust, you have to see these things are quite concerning considering how "basic" the Rams offense is to run and the fact he is having trouble picking up the offense and executing it as well.

First... our WR's are pretty damn bad...Just because Britt had 1000 yards this season, doesn't make him a solid receiver. Lots of mediocre receivers have accomplished 1000 yards on crappy teams...

Second...You can't say that our starting LT is a bust and 2 other guys regressed and say our o-line is "not as bad as many think"...It stinks...Lets also remember that we've had to start multiple centers due to injuries...So that leaves ONE good/sorta solid lineman(Saffold) and he has had injuries as well...

Third...As for this "simple offense/middle school offense" garbage many people seem to be throwing around... Yes Gurley said that and in many ways it is...BUT, if you all remember, our play calls are 1000% needlessly complicated... If you all saw Hard Knocks, even a vet like Keenum was struggling all the way through camp with the BS terminology. Imagine a rookie who have NEVER done it before and had also never taken a snap from under center since he was 14...

Fourth... Who do we REALLY have coaching this kid to make him ready? to make him better? It's funny how everyone has been blaming crap coaching with this team for a few years now(and rightfully so), but somehow this rookie is supposed to come in and become a miracle worker? Behind this O-line? In the middle of a losing streak? In the middle of a coach being fired?

I think some here have to take a deep breath and wait until we see who gets hired as our next HC, next OC and who is brought in to help coach/tutor Goff during the offseason...

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but he did take them to the playoffs and the Skins are a way better team now so somehow they won the trade.

Only because they doubled down on QBs in that draft. RG3 was a one season disposable QB.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LRF

I get what you are saying, and yes there is plenty of blame to go around when it comes to the poor play of this team.

but, at the same time, Goff is looking like a really bad project considering where he was drafted and what they gave up to get him.

especially when you see what other rookie QB's are doing this years. even Kessler has looked better than Goff and he plays on a bad Browns team and didn't cost what Goff did.

honestly, there is only so much coaching that can be done. the rest lies on Goff's shoulders to take his job seriously and do everything he can to improve. the fact we haven't seen improvement from game to game is concerning. he should be getting better and better, not worse.

this guy was touted as being a smart QB and I have yet so see it. I hope he works very hard this offseason to improve and comes out next year and shows why he was the #1 pick ( especially considering the Rams are handing the Titans a top 5 pick this coming draft for him ).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't have had a problem selecting Prescott as well and trading Keenum.

Fisher wouldn't have played him either. Cousins only real PT in his rookie year was due to RG3 injury.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fisher wouldn't have played him either. Cousins only real PT in his rookie year was due to RG3 injury.

Very true

He never even bothered playing Mannion before deciding to mortgage 2 drafts to take Goff.