• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Vegas Golden Knights vs. Winnipeg Jets

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok cool Rick. You will get fired and be back to #33 or #34 on the NHL coaching carousel hiring list

Actually, the guy they need to fire is Chevy. How that guy has hung onto the GM job in Winnipeg despite mediocrity from that team year-in and year-out is beyond me.

/It's really the same story with Treliving in Calgary, I think some people are upset about him moving on because his mediocrity was polished by some stars on the team like Gaudreau and Tkachuk. They're gone and now so is he.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's gotta build all kinds of goodwill that will translate into a great off-season of preparedness for more greatness in 2024
One thing is for sure, Pierre Luc Dubois always responds positively to coaches hurling criticism in random directions, and he will certainly re-sign there now!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, the guy they need to fire is Chevy. How that guy has hung onto the GM job in Winnipeg despite mediocrity from that team year-in and year-out is beyond me.

/It's really the same story with Treliving in Calgary, I think some people are upset about him moving on because his mediocrity was polished by some stars on the team like Gaudreau and Tkachuk. They're gone and now so is he.
Just preparing for their relocation back to Atlanta. :D

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thing with the Jets, I kind of understand the whole "lets never trade first rounders or prospects etc. because it's the only way we can convince guys to stay here long term" and it's not like they didn't build a good core following that model, it's just that I don't think there's any evidence out there whatsoever that you can build a winner like that and as we saw this year there's some fan apathy growing there that you can't ignore.

And now they're going to be forced into changes regardless because of upcoming expiring contracts. If Chevy decides to come up with a different strategy and can implement it maybe he's fine in the role going forward but I don't think this franchise survives in that market if they don't switch gears and do so quickly and you can't ignore that the reason they're in that situation is because of Chevy's strategy to date.

They did absolutely nothing last offseason, it was absolutely insane to just stand pat after what happened. Bottom line is they wasted this core in the interest of a sustainability strategy that did not work and now they have their work cut out for them.

buffhockey

When the musics over
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some one is retiring again lol
I guess that's the way to go

fuck-everything-fuck-this.gif

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh wow, what a bounce to Amadio who makes no mistake.
Bumping this because this might have been the goal to start it all. They lose this game, they’re down 2-1 in the series and who knows?