• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Edmonton Oilers vs. Winnipeg Jets

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do the Coilers turn to koskinen next game with the season on the line?

tenor.gif

On second thought :noidea:

tsawchuk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF? Turned this off after 4-1. Gotta really suck to be an Oil fan today.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like everyone else, I turned this one off. But at least *I* held on until the Jets got their second.

sabresfaninthesouth

Lifelong Cynic
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Connor's expression at the draft lottery...

rl06RWMr3jLsB44eu2Fo9lSSCQu-6CewvWoRb67cuJE.jpg

Connor's expression after the Ehlers goal...

Q1UbuAL.jpg
Considering his alternative was going to Buffalo where he'd have been golfing a month ago, he'd probably be making the same expression.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things serious, besides the fucking mountains of picks and prospects they could get for McDavid and Draisaitl the cap space alone would be able to net nearly as many assets given how cap strapped most good teams are right now.

The Oilers aren’t better off without those two (nobody would be, they’re two of the best on the planet obviously) but there probably isn’t a better time to reset than right now. Imagine what someone like Mark Hunter or Dale Tallon could do with all that draft capital.

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things serious, besides the fucking mountains of picks and prospects they could get for McDavid and Draisaitl the cap space alone would be able to net nearly as many assets given how cap strapped most good teams are right now.

The Oilers aren’t better off without those two (nobody would be, they’re two of the best on the planet obviously) but there probably isn’t a better time to reset than right now. Imagine what someone like Mark Hunter or Dale Tallon could do with all that draft capital.
They both have to ask out sooner or later, don’t ya think???

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There is no way Holland would survive either of them wanting to leave. Complete and utter failure.

I worry about RNH. I want him here and the Jackets should have interest. But Holland is gonna have to empty his pockets to try and keep him. Those three and Nurse is pretty much all he has. No way he can afford to lose Nuge for nothing at all.

Anyway... I dated a girl whose parents had one of these. On purpose. Her dad actually said "I wanted something a little sportier"
94103341990905.jpg

Terrible back seat space.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They both have to ask out sooner or later, don’t ya think???
I think Drai is the more likely of the two to actually flex muscle and demand out. Connor has too much of the dumb “good Canadian kid” to him to actually do it until they’re rock bottom again (which will probably be next year).

There is no way Holland would survive either of them wanting to leave. Complete and utter failure.

I worry about RNH. I want him here and the Jackets should have interest. But Holland is gonna have to empty his pockets to try and keep him. Those three and Nurse is pretty much all he has. No way he can afford to lose Nuge for nothing at all.

Anyway... I dated a girl whose parents had one of these. On purpose. Her dad actually said "I wanted something a little sportier"
94103341990905.jpg

Terrible back seat space.
I could see them giving Holland the reins to go through a rebuild because why would they start making good decisions now?

/Was it three pedals at least?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Drai is the more likely of the two to actually flex muscle and demand out. Connor has too much of the dumb “good Canadian kid” to him to actually do it until they’re rock bottom again (which will probably be next year)

Yup, I mean, I don't think anybody was holding a gun to his head when he signed that 8 year contract when signing a 4 or 5 year contract would have been the better move. Teams need to be wary of Draisaitl though because if they think he can drive his own line, they're sorely mistaken.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, I mean, I don't think anybody was holding a gun to his head when he signed that 8 year contract when signing a 4 or 5 year contract would have been the better move. Teams need to be wary of Draisaitl though because if they think he can drive his own line, they're sorely mistaken.
These guys never get traded to teams to be “the guy” though (exception: Phil Kessel for two firsts and a second).

Think a team like Florida or Carolina who already have the complementary pieces in place (and aren’t in the same conference).