• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round: Dallas Stars vs. Calgary Flames

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with the Flames done and no Stamps games this year, I guess that means I'll be watching lots of tennis lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dash I thought it was a great match up for Calgary ... I picked em

It sure would have helped if our best players would have shown up. (that's two years in a row). If the GM doesn't make some major changes, I think it's time for a new GM.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Well that was interesting

Talbot post game: was angry, frustrated, etc. after being pulled, went to the room for a few minutes because he didn't want to show his emotion on the bench.

Ward post game: Talbot had an equipment issue, went back to the room to fix it. They wanted him back in the net much sooner, but the equipment took too long to fix.

Hmmmmm

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, with the Flames done and no Stamps games this year, I guess that means I'll be watching lots of tennis lol

Come over to F1. I mean, there's really no drama as one guy always wins. But the cars are pretty.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come over to F1. I mean, there's really no drama as one guy always wins. But the cars are pretty.
Theres a bit of drama as everyone in F1 seems to hate the canadian and racing point right now :thumb: it can be training for dash in what it will be like to cheer for matt tkachuk in the next few years:yo:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It sure would have helped if our best players would have shown up. (that's two years in a row). If the GM doesn't make some major changes, I think it's time for a new GM.
Probably a situation where some of the guys they thought would be building blocks would be better on the trading block.

But at this point I think it almost has to be a new GM making the moves. It's the right time for it - there's no permanent coach in place, there are valuable pieces still on decent deals with term, and Edmonton is still the more embarrassing Alberta club :D but that could change quickly depending on how dumb or not they are this summer.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably a situation where some of the guys they thought would be building blocks would be better on the trading block.

But at this point I think it almost has to be a new GM making the moves. It's the right time for it - there's no permanent coach in place, there are valuable pieces still on decent deals with term, and Edmonton is still the more embarrassing Alberta club :D but that could change quickly depending on how dumb or not they are this summer.

It's going to be tough to make trades in a frozen cap world, but I don't see any point of keeping the current core together based on the last couple of years (especially their playoff performances). Nice to see guys like Mangiapane and Dube along with Andersson making nice strides and if Valamaki can resume his fine play from before he was injured, it's not all doom and gloom.

/Although maybe going scorched earth is what's needed :noidea:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to be tough to make trades in a frozen cap world, but I don't see any point of keeping the current core together based on the last couple of years (especially their playoff performances). Nice to see guys like Mangiapane and Dube along with Andersson making nice strides and if Valamaki can resume his fine play from before he was injured, it's not all doom and gloom.

/Although maybe going scorched earth is what's needed :noidea:
I think the fact they're going to basically be bare behind the blue line after this offseason means there's not much point in waiting any longer to move guys you probably need to anyway. They need the picks/prospects more at this point than they need a scoring winger like Gaudreau. Trading a C is never fun but Monahan probably needs a change of scenery too and will probably net them more in return than anyone else. Hanifin is probably as valuable in trade right now as he can be so I'd take advantage of that. I don't know if Gio is moveable in multiple ways but if he is, do it.

If they're moving that much salary they can afford to take on a bad contract or two in exchange for picks as well. That's going to be a big theme with the cap issues.

Bottom line is, the team probably had potential at one point to contend considering how deep the blue line was but man oh man did not solving their crease cost them and it's probably not going to happen with what remains.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dash gonna kneecap this guy before frankie does !!!

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres a bit of drama as everyone in F1 seems to hate the canadian and racing point right now :thumb: it can be training for dash in what it will be like to cheer for matt tkachuk in the next few years:yo:

It's not so much they hate Lance, it's just that they think he doesn't deserve his ride because daddy bought the team. Guy is good. Not elite, but very good.

Plus everyone wants that German Fuckface that Ferrari dumped to get a ride, so every seat he isn't in is a wasted seat to a lot of fans. I hope Vettel leaves F1 and has to drive those electric things.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not so much they hate Lance, it's just that they think he doesn't deserve his ride because daddy bought the team. Guy is good. Not elite, but very good.

Plus everyone wants that German Fuckface that Ferrari dumped to get a ride, so every seat he isn't in is a wasted seat to a lot of fans. I hope Vettel leaves F1 and has to drive those electric things.
Schumi, Alonso and Lauda were all pay drivers lol. Most other F1 drivers came from high places.