• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Colorado Avalanche vs. Seattle Kraken

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Makar said so as much post-game that he lost track of the puck - He's getting a hearing today.

Are the refs who overturned the major for an incident the DOPS is now holding a hearing on going to be disciplined as well?

Every day it’s another banner moment for the zebras this month.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are the refs who overturned the major for an incident the DOPS is now holding a hearing on going to be disciplined as well?

Every day it’s another banner moment for the zebras this month.
I didn't understand the call on it, at all. They called it an interference major then backed off to an interference minor. Hockey novice questions:

- is it possible for "interference" to be a major penalty? If it is, that is non-sensical, but ok...
- How could interference be the call on a puck out of play? Shouldn't the call have been either "boarding", "cross-checking", or some form of unnecessary roughness (if that exists in hockey)?

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't understand the call on it, at all. They called it an interference major then backed off to an interference minor. Hockey novice questions:

- is it possible for "interference" to be a major penalty? If it is, that is non-sensical, but ok...
- How could interference be the call on a puck out of play? Shouldn't the call have been either "boarding", "cross-checking", or some form of unnecessary roughness (if that exists in hockey)?

Interference is a call generally when you hit a player who doesn't have the puck or prevent a player from getting to a loose puck and based on the severity can certainly be a major penalty. Looking at the hit, interference is the right call in my opinion, but it certainly could have been called boarding. Cross-checking usually is when you hit a guy from behind and away from the boards.

esls79

I am?
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cale Makar deserves the Tie Domi on Scott Niedermayer or the Dale Hunter on Pierre Tuergon treatment. Doesn’t matter Makar is a superstar - only Chris Pronger can get away with something like that.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
seems fine.

he's basically a Lady Bing player his whole career so far.
said he thought Berneirs had the puck with him in the corner

looks to me like the one game is so the series doesn't get messy

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seems fine.

he's basically a Lady Bing player his whole career so far.
said he thought Berneirs had the puck with him in the corner

looks to me like the one game is so the series doesn't get messy

I don't think Bunting had anything on his rap sheet except for a bad reputation with the refs prior to getting his three game suspension. Yes, it was a bad head hit on Cernak and I don't have any real issue with the three game suspension handed down except for the fact that there is no consistency when it comes to supplementary discipline. At least Makar got one game, I think it deserved at least two though.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Bunting had anything on his rap sheet except for a bad reputation with the refs prior to getting his three game suspension. Yes, it was a bad head hit on Cernak and I don't have any real issue with the three game suspension handed down except for the fact that there is no consistency when it comes to supplementary discipline. At least Makar got one game, I think it deserved at least two though.

Head shots are worse???

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Head shots are worse???

Head shots certainly can be worse, but it seems to me that Makar was pleading the case that he thought McCann had the puck and the NHL DoPes seem to have bought that line. Whether or not you believe it makes a difference on whether the aggrieved player is a star versus a scrub, the bottom line is that it looks like Seattle will be without their leading scorer for the next game and possibly the series.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we could make a Canadian one called Ralph Klein

I once shared a C-Train ride with Ralph Klein, he had just come out of the St. Louis hotel and I believe his next stop was the Calgary Petroleum Club. He was three sheets to the wind lol

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
I once shared a C-Train ride with Ralph Klein, he had just come out of the St. Louis hotel and I believe his next stop was the Calgary Petroleum Club. He was three sheets to the wind lol
so it was a day that ended with a "y" then.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when he went to the homeless shelter hammered.

good times...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when he went to the homeless shelter hammered.

good times...

Remember when he told the press that a farmer that had a cow with bovine spongiform encephalopathy should have shot, shoveled and shut up? Not so good times lol

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether or not you believe it makes a difference on whether the aggrieved player is a star versus a scrub,

That thought NEVER crossed my mind.

Much like my fingers are not crossed behind my back as I type this.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to add this earlier - Even though Makar doesn't hit McCann in the head, the force of his hit causes McCann's head to hit the glass above the boards in a quite severe manner and McCann has had concussion issues in the past.