• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welp. There goes my only reason for not passionately hating Boston.

It was a big loss for the B's last night, they were trying to have Lindholm and Carlo on the ice every time Matthews was out there, but with Peeke leaving the game, they had to rotate through 5 D.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a big loss for the B's last night, they were trying to have Lindholm and Carlo on the ice every time Matthews was out there, but with Peeke leaving the game, they had to rotate through 5 D.
A lot of Jackets fans were like "good riddance" and "he didn't do anything (meaning score goals)" when he left.

They clearly didn't watch with their eyes. Guy is as as steady (if unspectacular) as they come.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's crazy is that the Leafs' second line has $22 mil worth of talent on it (more if you think Knies is outplaying his rookie contract) and the B's basically shrug it off and it works because Marner is on Mars. The blueprint to beat this team is basically make sure Matthews isn't destroying you and that's pathetic considering the team's make up.

/JT had a great game, regardless of anything else. He was killer in the final few winning two draws and getting the puck along the boards to kill off the game.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Before everyone starts panicking in Leafs Nation, it's likely an optional skate thus remain calm lol

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only two explanations at this point:

1) He's fine to play but a little sore and the belief is the team aren't in dire straits at the moment so why rush it.

2) Nylander feels aggrieved at either being scratched for game 1 or Keefe saying in the media he mailed it in down the stretch. He's telling them he can't go even though the team doctors are clearing him to play and so he keeps sitting.

If it's 1 this club clearly are forgetting the last decade of their existence and willing a Boston win into reality, if it's 2 this is a shit show. Because watching that video, watching the practice footage before game 2, everything seems to indicate he's absolutely fine to play and since this is the fucking playoffs he should be playing.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think that Nylander is nursing an injury and both he and the Leafs want him to play, but they're just being extra cautious. If they were to get past the Bruins and are able to rest Willy, that would be a huge bonus. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what develops.

The good news is that I'm positive Leafs fans and media will remain calm and there will no overreactions or scrutiny in this matter.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to think that Nylander is nursing an injury and both he and the Leafs want him to play, but they're just being extra cautious. If they were to get past the Bruins and are able to rest Willy, that would be a huge bonus. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what develops.

The good news is that I'm positive Leafs fans and media will remain calm and there will no overreactions or scrutiny in this matter.
Again though, extra cautious for what? Golf season?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B's had an extra day after the regular season off. Also, more home games, and what's stopping them from flying back to Boston after game 3 and coming back for Saturday?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
B's had an extra day after the regular season off. Also, more home games, and what's stopping them from flying back to Boston after game 3 and coming back for Saturday?

Absolutely nothing.

Kinda tired of these athletes whining about "travel". Its not like they are wedged into the middle seat of a 3-3 Southwest plane for 5 hours.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the US viewers…

Looks like ESPN finally found enough money in the budget to get Emily Kaplan a hairbrush
Her unkemptness is kinda hot if I’m being honest...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely nothing.

Kinda tired of these athletes whining about "travel". Its not like they are wedged into the middle seat of a 3-3 Southwest plane for 5 hours.

As long as they don't get the Cleveland treatment...