• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round: Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol - What did you get suspended for (if you don't mind me asking)?
I think I was suspended twice in HS. Once was in grade 10 for forging an absence note to go see Chef Pasquale at the bakery nearby, the other was for a little tussle I got in with an ex friend (he attacked me from behind in the hallway; I was never dumb enough to fight on school property voluntarily and wasn't a fighter anyway).

I got the upper hand but got suspended for 3 days on that one. I think I watched The Godfather I & II for the first time that week.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never got suspended myself (sent to the principal's office a couple of times though). My dad was an elementary school principal although I never had him as a teacher/administrator, but I'm sure he caught wind of some of my exploits lol.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that sounds a lot shittier than when I'd get suspended in high school and spend the day smoking weed and playing FIFA.

The only time I clearly remember getting a hockey suspension was when I had an illegal curve in a tournament when I was a bantam or minor midget. I was over near the bench about to come off the ice and overheard the mumbling to the official so I stealthily reached over the boards with my stick hand, let go of it and put my hand on a left handed teammate's who was at least a similar height (and the stick wasn't straight so it was kinda believable). They took that stick from me and measured it, the winger on the other team cried that it was the wrong stick and went apeshit, blah blah blah. No one actually saw me switch it but I was booted from that game and got the last game of the tournament too. My coach got the boot as well.

That's the only specific thing I remember. I may have gotten an automatic game for crossing a certain fighting major threshold (I seem to recall sitting one out after one specific fight but I can't remember the details) but I never got one for doing anything particularly heinous or illegal I don't think.

Last edited:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never got suspended myself (sent to the principal's office a couple of times though). My dad was an elementary school principal although I never had him as a teacher/administrator, but I'm sure he caught wind of some of my exploits lol.

You guys steal the vice principal's carriage? You wacky bunch of sneeze-lurkers! :wink:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got two school suspensions and one hockey suspension.

School
1) For riding my skateboard down the hall closing all the lockers the maintenance guys had opened for "Surprise Inspections". 3 days
2) For... a few intimate moments with a girl in the bathrooms by the gym. 2 days for the act, one more for not ratting her out.

Hockey - I slashed a kid who taunted me after a hat trick. I was aiming for his hands and caught him with the heel of my stick right in the chest. Ooops. 3 games.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time I clearly remember getting a hockey suspension was when I had an illegal curve in a tournament when I was a bantam or minor midget. I was over near the bench about to come off the ice and overheard the mumbling to the official so I stealthily reached over the boards with my stick hand, let go of it and put my hand on a left handed teammate's who was at least a similar height (and the stick wasn't straight so it was kinda believable). They took that stick from me and measured it, the winger on the other team cried that it was the wrong stick and went apeshit, blah blah blah. No one actually saw me switch it but I was booted from that game and got the last game of the tournament too. My coach got the boot as well.

That's the only specific thing I remember. I may have gotten an automatic game for crossing a certain fighting major threshold (I seem to recall sitting one out after one specific fight but I can't remember the details) but I never got one for doing anything particularly heinous or illegal I don't think.
I'm pretty happy I ducked out of HS hockey early. Our school got the death penalty when I was in grade 12 because some asshole(s) decided to pour a cup of piss on a kid in the locker room.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fight I got suspended for likely would've been a detention back in your day. It barely lasted 10 seconds. It's even more strict now according to my high school aged cousins.

But detention wasn't always a bad thing (as The Breakfast Club once taught us). We had a little detention "pen" at the front office and one time I was stuck in there and wound up meeting someone's who's been my best friend to this day.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In keeping with the theme this afternoon, our family dentist was Dr. Wolfman (I kid you not). Office at Keele and Eglinton. I still have emotional scars from those visits.
Well, if it makes you feel better there's a high probability he died in a drive-by at some point after you left town.

That area got pretty dingy at one point.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only ask for today is that Kasperi Kapanen has a great game. He's worked hard to this point, he deserves some recognition.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who's the moron wearing a Flames jersey behind the Bruins bench?