• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round: Boston Bruins vs. Toronto Maple Leafs

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Muh gawd, Heinen … yer gonna go down as the King of Whiffers this series. :L

Used 2 B Hu

Baredevil
Hoopla Cash
$ 977.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cot sammich...there was supposed to be a late goal, like an empty-netter or something

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to love this - pumps up his goaler and then does his part to keep pucks away from him.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some random thoughts:

• Still a lotta hockey left to play here
  • Has BOS been bipolar this year? The Game 2 BOS squad barely resembles the Game 1 and 3 versions.
  • Leafs didnt miss Kadri much. Not surprised at all. Got Ennis back in the linueup and when he is on the 4th with GOAT and Moore, they are a positive force out there.
  • Thought the refs were pretty weak in G3. The first several penalties were pretty cheap, going both ways
  • Welcome back AM34
  • B's top line didnt have their best game, Marchand excluded. Hate the guy but want him on my team
  • Freddie has been steady for the Leafs, so far
  • To have a chance, the Leafs HAVE to use their speed. Any time they grind to a halt, literally stand around, bad things happen. Will they? We shall see
  • Done with Doc and Milbury. Makes me want Pierre doing this series.
  • Oh and one last word of advice. Toronto, STOP TRYING TO BACKHAND THE PUCK OUT OF YOUR ZONE. :gaah:

One last comment on Kadri. Fine with the suspension. As @dash said earlier, kinda weak move by the League with the "rest of series" punishment. Reading between the lines, it seems to say "we are not sure we want to suspend him for too many games, but mostly just care about toning down this series. After Round 1, meh".

Much better series than I was expecting.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some random thoughts:

• Still a lotta hockey left to play here
  • Has BOS been bipolar this year? The Game 2 BOS squad barely resembles the Game 1 and 3 versions.
  • Leafs didnt miss Kadri much. Not surprised at all. Got Ennis back in the linueup and when he is on the 4th with GOAT and Moore, they are a positive force out there.
  • Thought the refs were pretty weak in G3. The first several penalties were pretty cheap, going both ways
  • Welcome back AM34
  • B's top line didnt have their best game, Marchand excluded. Hate the guy but want him on my team
  • Freddie has been steady for the Leafs, so far
  • To have a chance, the Leafs HAVE to use their speed. Any time they grind to a halt, literally stand around, bad things happen. Will they? We shall see
  • Done with Doc and Milbury. Makes me want Pierre doing this series.
  • Oh and one last word of advice. Toronto, STOP TRYING TO BACKHAND THE PUCK OUT OF YOUR ZONE. :gaah:

One last comment on Kadri. Fine with the suspension. As @dash said earlier, kinda weak move by the League with the "rest of series" punishment. Reading between the lines, it seems to say "we are not sure we want to suspend him for too many games, but mostly just care about toning down this series. After Round 1, meh".

Much better series than I was expecting.
I’m fine with how the game was reffed. Were a few calls weak? Sure. Do I prefer that over them allowing the game to turn into a shithousing extravaganza? Absolutely.

Which is exactly what I expect to happen in game 4 and for Boston to take full advantage. The Bruins are a one line team, and while that one line is usually terrific if it sputters they only have one other lever to pull to get things going and that’s what we saw Saturday. Which is fine as a tactic so long as the refs can keep a lid on things that go over the line. My faith in league officiating at this time is non-existent so it’s fully what I expect to happen.

Babcock could line match at home and he pretty much nailed it.

Zaitsev could honestly be considered a fine d-man if he would just take his time when he has the puck instead of feeling like he needs to get it out ASAP no matter what – wonder if his teammates are communicating with him when he gets it or not. Even a simple “TIME” would help until he gets a handle on things.

Jake is playing hurt and it shows. He was good in game 1. Everyone was bad in game 2. Not sure there’s going to be much benefit from dressing him if he can’t handle even a lightened workload.

Groo

Did you err ?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did Boston go away from the heavy game? It was the winning formula for them