• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: First Round - Boston Bruins vs. Carolina Hurricanes

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the good thing is Boston has a rational, empathetic, and understanding fan base that will be supportive of Rask during this time and of this difficult decision.

The museums are open again, he'd sure as hell better not be seen in one :wink:

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The museums are open again, he'd sure as hell better not be seen in one :wink:
Lol years ago Vladimir Malakhov was injured and could not play but was spotted skiing. That went over well in Montreal.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thing is, he should have said this from the start. Everyone would have said stay home. But the Game 2 postgame comments about not caring about results shouldn’t have been said. That’s not a good look.

Would they though? I remember Foligno being called a pussy because he said some guys will have a tough decision based on their family situations (you know, him with one kid with a heart condition and another that already had pneumonia this year). I heard some of the same for Max Domi when he said he had to consider what to do based on his situation. And neither of those guys said no, just "maybe". The guys who said they wouldn't play got plastered online, I wonder how many are there playing because they didn't want to face that backlash. But really don't want to be there.

These guys organize their whole lives around the season. Time babies to be born off season, etc. Now it's all up in the air through no fault of theirs, and it's gotta be damn hard on the families. I don't blame Tuuka at all. When the game is over, the wife and kids are all he'll have.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would they though? I remember Foligno being called a pussy because he said some guys will have a tough decision based on their family situations (you know, him with one kid with a heart condition and another that already had pneumonia this year). I heard some of the same for Max Domi when he said he had to consider what to do based on his situation. And neither of those guys said no, just "maybe". The guys who said they wouldn't play got plastered online, I wonder how many are there playing because they didn't want to face that backlash. But really don't want to be there.

These guys organize their whole lives around the season. Time babies to be born off season, etc. Now it's all up in the air through no fault of theirs, and it's gotta be damn hard on the families. I don't blame Tuuka at all. When the game is over, the wife and kids are all he'll have.

Probably not everyone. Should have worded it better and said most would have.

naslundfan19

Boredom Savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Must say, the decision by Brind’Amour to go to Mrazek after Reimer won Game 2 was risky, but seems to be working OK, that goal notwithstanding.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, Svech gonna miss some time after that tweak.

And stripes takes a puck to the face on the same play.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh man, Svech gonna miss some time after that tweak.

And stripes takes a puck to the face on the same play.

That looks like the dreaded high ankle sprain, but I'll wait for Dr. Recchi to confirm.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Come for the hot take, stay for the cavalcade of NHLers and media veterans calling him a moron.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come for the hot take, stay for the cavalcade of NHLers and media veterans calling him a moron.

If anything it was closer to a Chara slew foot.

It wasn't that either, but it was closer to that. Just a leverage battle that Svech and his ankle lost.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
If anything it was closer to a Chara slew foot.

It wasn't that either, but it was closer to that. Just a leverage battle that Svech and his ankle lost.
just the fact that he
a) somehow deserved a freak injury
b) because someone dared to battle Chara earlier
c) and it wasn't even him

glad the thread is gaining momentum.
he's been a fucking idiot for a lot of years.