• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FIRE BEVELL

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He said we .. he's not gonna throw Bevell under the Bus ...

Lol.

Oh but when Bevell said the call was on him... That was gospel? He couldn't have been falling on the sword along with Wilson and Carroll.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter. They felt a pass play was the call to make there, given that the Pats had their goal line D in. Just didn't work out. Could have, should have, but didn't.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.

Oh but when Bevell said the call was on him... That was gospel? He couldn't have been falling on the sword along with Wilson and Carroll.

OMG .. Dude STFU ... Bevell already said without question he made the call .. Pete said WE because he's not gonna go to the press and say Bevell FUCKING blew it!!!!

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OMG .. Dude STFU ... Bevell already said without question he made the call .. Pete said WE because he's not gonna go to the press and say Bevell FUCKING blew it!!!!

Dude, fuck you you whiny bitch.

My problem is not blaming Bevell, he deserves it. It's playing blind man to the fact that others were involved and deserve blame too.

It's hilarious how everyone involved takes responsibility and they're just covering Bevell. Bevell takes responsibility and it take any heat at all off the others.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Where in there did it say they were going to run? It said what we've been saying all along, that they called the pass BECAUSE of the down and distance, and because of the personnel the Pats were in and the timeouts they had left.

Were they going to run AFTER that pass? Sure.

My guess is getting Russ to the edge.

At any rate, the best post mortem I've read was MMQB I believe that had quotes from both Carroll, Bevell, and a bunch of Pats coaches and players including the Hoodie. I'll see if I can find a link later (work is crazy)

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theuthfully, Carroll and Bevell could both be falling on the sword for Wilson for a bad audible. We'll never know, but some will act like they do.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My problem is not blaming Bevell, he deserves it. It's playing blind man to the fact that others were involved and deserve blame too.

It's hilarious how everyone involved takes responsibility and they're just covering Bevell. Bevell takes responsibility and it take any heat at all off the others.

The biggest fuckup that Pete should be getting roasted for is clock management on that drive. Thus needing to pass to keep the timeout.

Nobody says BOO about that though.

That ol' hindsight dealio again.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Eat crow ... internett tough guy... If you got the balls to say it here say it to my face... I'm from Seattle

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The biggest fuckup that Pete should be getting roasted for is clock management on that drive. Thus needing to pass to keep the timeout.

That wasn't Carroll. That was obviously Bevell since it was a negative thing that happened.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now this topic has reached double digit pages. Again. It seems like the same discussion/pointless exercise in the same people repeating the same arguments comes up at least once a year (usually when the offense doesn't look as good as people think it should) and each time, it seems to go on for at least 10 pages with no one having changed their mind by the end of it. The last couple of years have had the added wrinkle of discussing "The play" for half the thread, but it's remained the same basic discussion.

Oddly enough, it's never resulted in Bevell's termination and it's a discussion that usually gets put on the backburner once the offensive line starts to play better and the rest of the offense is able to do its job better because the offensive line started to play better.

Here's a suggestion for the next time this topic gets brought up (let's not kid ourselves... as long as Bevell is on the coaching staff, it's going to get brought up): The first reply to it should be this - :L -. That way, everyone who chooses to continue the discussion after that will be reminded of what they're about to get into and maybe choose to just not get into it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's an article (not THE best one with the PATS quotes, but in the same series)

Seattle Seahawks’ Darrell Bevell discusses Super Bowl play call | The MMQB with Peter King

MMQB said:
On my tour of NFL camps, I’ve asked five men—two coaches, three quarterbacks, anonymously—what they thought of the play call and the execution of the play. The reaction has been mixed. Interestingly, not a single one supported running a power rush by Lynch against the New England front with three 300-pound-plus defensive tackles filling the gaps. One quarterback said, “Then it would have been third-and-goal from the 2 or 3, and you’d burn your last timeout. So you’d be there with what, how many seconds left? [About 20.] And you’d probably be farther away than you were on second down.”

There's a bunch of other good reading there, with different opinions.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now this topic has reached double digit pages. Again. It seems like the same discussion/pointless exercise in the same people repeating the same arguments comes up at least once a year (usually when the offense doesn't look as good as people think it should) and each time, it seems to go on for at least 10 pages with no one having changed their mind by the end of it. The last couple of years have had the added wrinkle of discussing "The play" for half the thread, but it's remained the same basic discussion.

Oddly enough, it's never resulted in Bevell's termination and it's a discussion that usually gets put on the backburner once the offensive line starts to play better and the rest of the offense is able to do its job better because the offensive line started to play better.

Here's a suggestion for the next time this topic gets brought up (let's not kid ourselves... as long as Bevell is on the coaching staff, it's going to get brought up): The first reply to it should be this - :L -. That way, everyone who chooses to continue the discussion after that will be reminded of what they're about to get into and maybe choose to just not get into it.

I dunno, there's a couple of posters in this thread who've admitted that their opinion changed with reading more stuff about 'the play.' I can meet people half way. Like I say, I'm not radically opposed to getting rid of Bevell, but I just want them to HAVE to hire someone who is better. Which means doing it after the season.

Boogie I disagree with on this topic, but I tend to agree with him more than I don't. I have mad respect for MKHawk, and we've argued about the play ad nauseum.

I think there's lots of room for people to agree, it's just that people can be pretty emotional about their teams. It's like arguing religion.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah fans do get emotional about their team. I know I do. I just feel you got take bad with the good. Over all this has been the best of times for the Seahawks fans, or at least it should be. Seems a real shame to have the bumps in the road be what folks dwell on, rather then enjoying this golden era of Seahawk football.
Feel we have lots of great times still to come, let's enjoy the ride.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Passion is great and I'm not suggesting that we never talk about things that might get us arguing with each other, but with the rare exception (like the one chf mentioned), recurring threads like this don't do much of anything except start arguments and give people excuses to call other people names. I'd even argue that there's a difference between passion and overreacting, with this falling under the "overreacting" category.

There will be plenty of things to disagree about or even argue about as the season goes on and as the years go on. Why keep going back to this particular argument when we know that nothing is going to change about Bevell's status with the team unless another team comes and hires him away from the Seahawks. He's not going anywhere unless the right team offers him a head coaching job. He's certainly not going anywhere during a season.

These are the types of arguments you get into when your team has been bad for years, is in need of some kind of change and has a ready-made scapegoat to throw under the bus. It's not the type of argument you get into when you have an elite team that has gone on to play in at least a divisional round game in six out of the last 7 years, with a league championship and two conference championships in that span. It's certainly not the type of argument you get into when the person whom the argument is about has been in charge of an offense that hasn't finished outside the top 10 in points since 2011.

I agree with Harold that it's a shame that we're spending so much time dwelling on things like this (and we do it every year) when we could be talking about the fact that we have a 3-1 football team with a quarterback is might be hurt but who hasn't been playing like a quarterback who is hurt if you look at the stat sheet. We have a tight end who was brought in to do exactly what he's been doing for the last two weeks. We have a defense that has been holding opposing offenses down all season despite going the first two weeks without a takeaway. We have an offensive line, for all its faults, that has given up half as many sacks in the first four games of 2016 than it did in the first four games of 2015. We have an evolving running game that won't have to worry about going up against as many top notch run defenses for the rest of the season as it has had to face in the first four games.

The team is off to a good start this year and we're wasting time and energy on this crap? I don't get it.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you dude!

/sarcasm

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said it at the time. Belichick completely outcoached the Seahawks staff by not using his timeout and putting the decision in the Seahawks hands. It was a shrewd move by BB that worked out.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ! it's like Lord of the Flies on this forum...... AND WE ARE 3-1 SO FAR THIS SEASON.

I propose a motion for the Seahawks forum....

Anytime someone starts a thread or makes disparaging comments about our OC after a WIN, they need to get their AVI changed for a week. Here is one that comes to mind:

darrell-bevell-seahawks.jpg

If the Seahawks lose in any week, then the forum is open for the bitching and moaning. Fair is fair.

Enough of the God damned bickering! We are Seahawks fans and despite the posts of doom and gloom, we are doing quite well. Save your hate for the rest of the NFC West.

Anyone second my motion?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ! it's like Lord of the Flies on this forum...... AND WE ARE 3-1 SO FAR THIS SEASON.

I propose a motion for the Seahawks forum....

Anytime someone starts a thread or makes disparaging comments about our OC after a WIN, they need to get their AVI changed for a week. Here is one that comes to mind:

darrell-bevell-seahawks.jpg

If the Seahawks lose in any week, then the forum is open for the bitching and moaning. Fair is fair.

Enough of the God damned bickering! We are Seahawks fans and despite the posts of doom and gloom, we are doing quite well. Save your hate for the rest of the NFC West.

Anyone second my motion?

Only the totally blind Bevell haters are all doom and gloom.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, there's a couple of posters in this thread who've admitted that their opinion changed with reading more stuff about 'the play.' I can meet people half way. Like I say, I'm not radically opposed to getting rid of Bevell, but I just want them to HAVE to hire someone who is better. Which means doing it after the season.

Boogie I disagree with on this topic, but I tend to agree with him more than I don't. I have mad respect for MKHawk, and we've argued about the play ad nauseum.

I think there's lots of room for people to agree, it's just that people can be pretty emotional about their teams. It's like arguing religion.
I just don't get why people are still hung up on it now to the point they want to call for him to be fired using that as an excuse. Graham, lynch, and a few other injuries last year combined with Kam's hold out really are what held them for making their goals. Outside of that they have been totally outstanding for the entire time Bevell has been here. To obsess over one play from years ago that Carroll has said he made the call for a pass play on is just insane. It is. It's the definition of insanity. At this point it doesn't matter in the slightest who called it, what was actually called, who failed at what part of it, etc. It's one damned play out of thousands. And we have one of the top offenses in the league brewing right now. You'd have to actually wish for this team to lose to want him gone now. There is no rational platform for change when you are doing really really well.

It's a pointless argument that is entirely irrelevant and at this point moot given what is happening right now today.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't get why people are still hung up on it now to the point they want to call for him to be fired using that as an excuse. Graham, lynch, and a few other injuries last year combined with Kam's hold out really are what held them for making their goals. Outside of that they have been totally outstanding for the entire time Bevell has been here. To obsess over one play from years ago that Carroll has said he made the call for a pass play on is just insane. It is. It's the definition of insanity. At this point it doesn't matter in the slightest who called it, what was actually called, who failed at what part of it, etc. It's one damned play out of thousands. And we have one of the top offenses in the league brewing right now. You'd have to actually wish for this team to lose to want him gone now. There is no rational platform for change when you are doing really really well.

It's a pointless argument that is entirely irrelevant and at this point moot given what is happening right now today.

Have you met people before? :)