• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FIRE BEVELL

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found a book on amazon.com about the 2014 season and about "The Play" in particular and how they were able to get over it. I didn't know this book even existed.

It's called Pass Judgment: Inside the Seattle Seahawks' Super Bowl XLIX Season and the Play That Dashed a Dream.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i do mean clean path not pass

CaptainRecon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bevell can get fucking frustrating sometimes. Makes me want to throw my beer through the tv.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for blame, but I wasn't shocked that CM fumbled.

I really don't blame anyone specifically when the Seahawks lose to the Rams. Weird shit happens every time they play them. I just hate that the team collectively seems to shit their pants every time.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just found a book on amazon.com about the 2014 season and about "The Play" in particular and how they were able to get over it. I didn't know this book even existed.

It's called Pass Judgment: Inside the Seattle Seahawks' Super Bowl XLIX Season and the Play That Dashed a Dream.

It's not over. I want some revenge this season. The Vikings are stout and the 2nd half is tough but I hope this season's super bowl is the one where we exact revenge. People can write all the books they want to but the Lombardi is the only thing that's really going to heal that wound. The thing we were missing early last year was Kam. He's back to his old self right now. The guy that's kind of lagging is ET but he won't allow himself to play like he is right now. I'm not saying that he's playing bad but he's the fullest package as far as FS's go. When he's firing on all cylinders then watch out.

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
then every OC in the league sucks. It's the most common pass play at the goal line and one of the most successful. Had they Thrown a fade i would have lost my shit. When working with only 10 yards there is not a lot you can do as far as route progression.

Now after saying that, i would have did a role out with a TE over the top and a RB or WR short at the goal line.

Reasons the slant didn't work and there are a few. Russ threw the ball high, that needed to be at waist level, Kearse got zero push on browner. He was stonewalled, Butler had a clean pass because Kearse got stone walled.

Neither of those things should have been surprising.

I wouldn't complain if they had done a roll out and it ended with a turnover (I'd be pissed at the outcome, sure, but that's it).

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither of those things should have been surprising.

I wouldn't complain if they had done a roll out and it ended with a turnover (I'd be pissed at the outcome, sure, but that's it).

The Play i am thinking of is the one Gruden use to throw in our face all the time spider 2 y banana, I have always loved that play as it gives you 3 options.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Lord......

Kill this thread.........

p.s. Please let us beat Atlanta this week or otherwise, this thread will explode!!!

Amen.....

MKHawk

KFFL Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if this stuff is confined to this thread, is it really that big an issue?

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, if this stuff is confined to this thread, is it really that big an issue?

That's the thing... it won't be confined to this thread. Not as long as game threads still exist anyway. At least half the content in those threads consists of real-time (over)reactions (good and bad) to what's happening on the field and if the offense sputters out of the gate in a particular game, the people who want to blame Bevell for it probably aren't going to take the time to vent in this thread as long as they've got the game thread open. Nine times out of 10, threads like this are started between games are just continuations of conversations that were had in a game thread without the inconvenience of having to sift through pages of content and multiple conversations you don't care as much about to find the conversation you want to focus on.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's at least on topic with football and the Seahawks.

If people start bringing Trump/Clinton into it, then I'll join you on the ramparts, until then, eh. It's a message board.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing... it won't be confined to this thread. Not as long as game threads still exist anyway. At least half the content in those threads consists of real-time (over)reactions (good and bad) to what's happening on the field and if the offense sputters out of the gate in a particular game, the people who want to blame Bevell for it probably aren't going to take the time to vent in this thread as long as they've got the game thread open. Nine times out of 10, threads like this are started between games are just continuations of conversations that were had in a game thread without the inconvenience of having to sift through pages of content and multiple conversations you don't care as much about to find the conversation you want to focus on.

That's just the nature of game threads. I do hate all the negative ranting in game threads, but what can you do?:noidea: There is a ignore button if anybody rather not be subjected to certain posters postings.:rolleyes2:
Think a good win streak will muzzle the negative Nancy's, so let's hope the Seahawks go on one.:nod:

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's just the nature of game threads. I do hate all the negative ranting in game threads, but what can you do?:noidea: There is a ignore button if anybody rather not be subjected to certain posters postings.:rolleyes2:
Think a good win streak will muzzle the negative Nancy's, so let's hope the Seahawks go on one.:nod:

I'm usually too busy actually watching the game to go on the game threads during the game, but I read them (though usually not every page) when it's over and I've seen how quickly a whole thread can go down a multi-page rabbit hole on one subject or another. When that happens, I do my best to ignore it and just post my general thoughts on the game, but I'll admit that it can be very difficult to stay out of it. I also do my best to put as few people on my ignore list as possible because outside of one or two topics, I actually don't mind and often even agree with what they have to say.

I'm just saying that it's kinda wishful thinking that any further Bevell bashing, should it occur, will be confined to this thread. It won't be. I do agree that a good winning streak should quiet some people down in the complaints department, but I've been on message boards long enough to know that even winning doesn't always stop people from being negative if they're determined to be negative. Hell, the Seahawks have gone to the playoffs five out of the last six seasons, making it at least to the divisional round each time in addition to winning a Super Bowl and going to another Super Bowl in that same span. And yet, we have threads like this and we have game threads that could easily be mistaken for Raiders game threads or Jacksonville game threads, or the game threads of some other perennial loser where the fans legitimately have a lot to complain about, with the amount of chewing out of players and coaches and general griping that goes on.

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm usually too busy actually watching the game to go on the game threads during the game, but I read them (though usually not every page) when it's over and I've seen how quickly a whole thread can go down a multi-page rabbit hole on one subject or another. When that happens, I do my best to ignore it and just post my general thoughts on the game, but I'll admit that it can be very difficult to stay out of it. I also do my best to put as few people on my ignore list as possible because outside of one or two topics, I actually don't mind and often even agree with what they have to say.

I'm just saying that it's kinda wishful thinking that any further Bevell bashing, should it occur, will be confined to this thread. It won't be. I do agree that a good winning streak should quiet some people down in the complaints department, but I've been on message boards long enough to know that even winning doesn't always stop people from being negative if they're determined to be negative. Hell, the Seahawks have gone to the playoffs five out of the last six seasons, making it at least to the divisional round each time in addition to winning a Super Bowl and going to another Super Bowl in that same span. And yet, we have threads like this and we have game threads that could easily be mistaken for Raiders game threads or Jacksonville game threads, or the game threads of some other perennial loser where the fans legitimately have a lot to complain about, with the amount of chewing out of players and coaches and general griping that goes on.

Seahawk fans are emotionally fragile.