• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fins draft choices - DT/DE

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Once again I will rank players by who I think is best at a particular position - the rankings also reflect the order in which I would select if I had the choice.

DT:
Louis Nix,DT, Notre Dame 6’2 345LBS - Nix is the head of the class at the position and likely to go in the top 10, long before the Fins pick.

RaShede Hageman, DT, Minnesota 6’6 311LBS - He is projected to go mid-to-late 1st , early second - Keep an eye on this guy because if he does drop to the second round and the Fins have a chance to get him - He would be a solid fit for the Fins and a steal in the second round.

Timmy Jernigan, DT, FSU 6’2 298LBS - He is ranked in the 60s and and about as the 5th or 6th best at the position by most experts - But, he can improve upon that in the title game and combine. I put him here also because he is a guy I have seen a lot of watching the ACC - And is currently involved in a lot of mocks as a guy the Fins would take in the second round.

DE:

I will keep this particular part short because I am familiar with only few of these guys and have only studiedd about a hand full so far.

Jadeveon Clowney - Is the the head of the class at this position, if he comes out. Just recently he was cited for speeding for the second time in less than a month - His character has been questioned far too often this season - so it is fair to say that he has some red flags around him but I think he should still be the top pick , top-5 at worst.

Aaron Lynch from USF who is 6’5 244, projected to go 4-5th round is an option for the Fins in those rounds. He is an underclassmen, so he would have to declare to be eligible, of course. He was 6th in the AAC in sacks and tackles for loss this season. This is a sign that the kid is a play-maker and would be a heck of a pick up in the mid-to-late rounds.

I have to mention my guy from The U - Shayon Green, 6’2 264 - currently expected to go undrafted - But, I think he can make some noise in our bowl game today and if he participates in any of the post-season college football AS games and combine. He is another guy that just makes plays and seems to always be in the right place at the right time. He will give it 100% on every play no matter what - And has great leadership skills that he provided the Canes with since the day he got on campus.

A few guys to keep an eye on from my school Florida International University are: Greg Hickman DE and Isame Facine DT. We are in our first year in C-USA under a completely new coaching staff and a constantly changing offense. We went 1-11 on the season 1-7 in the conf. We had guys get kicked off due to legal issues on and off campus. Guys ineligible for different reasons and injured. But, these two guys always came out and played their asses off as if they were in the NC title game picture all season long.

Our head coach, at least for now is Ron Turner - Brother of Norv. Thankfully because of his namesake and having guys draft recently in the NFL like Cyprien(Jaguars)Hilton(Colts) we often have some scouts come see these guys.

Neither of these guys is expected to be drafted - But, I believe both will participate in the NFL combine in February and will participate in college all-star games down here in Miami and will get more exposure and they could possibly sneak into the draft as late rounders - I am almost certain they get invited to some camps as undrafted guys if nothing else.

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, I have covered the top positions that I feel are of need for the Fins be it because of FA or other reasons. I will cover RB’s next. But if you guys have another position you want me to get to instead, let me know. I will try to do it tomorrow after the 4pm games and we know our playoff fate - if not for sure I will get it done Monday.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far, I have covered the top positions that I feel are of need for the Fins be it because of FA or other reasons. I will cover RB’s next. But if you guys have another position you want me to get to instead, let me know. I will try to do it tomorrow after the 4pm games and we know our playoff fate - if not for sure I will get it done Monday.

Thanks Paolo. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the RB's. That position gets my vote.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Paolo. I look forward to reading your thoughts on the RB's. That position gets my vote.

As an LSU fan, I've seen alot of Jeremy Hill. He's a powerful runner with good speed. 6'2 235lbs. If he enters the draft he'd be a solid pick for what the Fins need.

Last edited by a moderator:

Paolo305613

Hoopla Cash
$ 130.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will cover RB’s next - but as to your post - I think the Fins have their power back in Daniel Thomas, he just needs to stay healthy. In the WCO that the Fins currently run, what they need is speedy RBs and guys that can catch passes as well - I have seen Jeremy Hill a few times - He is a big boy with speed and has some of the traits I mentioned we need in an RB… But I rather a smaller, and faster player at the position - as I said it is what this offense needs at this position.

That said, I do have Hill in my list of favorites for RBs