• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Finland vs. Canada

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pix ... u know they're not gonna call penalties in OT ... just nary happens.
And I hate that mindset, just as it is different in the NHL playoffs compared to reg season.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They could get to gold if Sweden gets knocked out I think.

Yeah, but Sweden will be facing Austria/Slovenia I think. Still, Canada will have to get through a pesky Swiss team. That's a big one for them. Of course the US has to get past Slovakia/Czech too, with both those teams amping it up a bit.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pix ... u know they're not gonna call penalties in OT ... just nary happens.

I understand not calling certain things, but those were two blatantly obvious and potentially dangerous penalties.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it was a penalty on Benn as well. I guess if we are going to judge severity, I thought the Kukkonen hit was worse just based on the way he extended his arms and shoved Benn into the end glass.

/That said, Canada was the better team tonight in my opinion and deserved the win.

That's fair, wasn't really arguing degrees. Just thought it was karmic how it all unfolded.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys ... guys ... guys. I got ya about the penalties ... but they just nary get called in OT or the playoffs. I get what you're saying, but unless somebody is bleeding or knocked out, they just dont seem to call them.

craigk217

Meh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,618.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Canada def has the easiest bracket, but oh well ... that's just how it goes sometimes.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand not calling certain things, but those were two blatantly obvious and potentially dangerous penalties.

Agreed. I understand tucking the whistle on a ticky-tacky call, but a penalty is a penalty. Four obvious ones missed in the last 15 minutes of play in that game.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'Crosby wasn't productive today'

Yes, lets choose one person who wasn't productive today in a game where the team scored 2 goals. Seriously, the only productive player was Doughty. Doughty-Carter-Weber have been the big contributors. Forwards outside of Carter have been nearly invisible. Talk about pressure on a guy, gets an assist in a 2-1 game, and is lambasted.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes, lets choose one person who wasn't productive today in a game where the team scored 2 goals. Seriously, the only productive player was Doughty. Doughty-Carter-Weber have been the big contributors. Forwards outside of Carter have been nearly invisible. Talk about pressure on a guy, gets an assist in a 2-1 game, and is lambasted.

The box score will show one assist, but drawing that Finnish penalty is equal to a tertiary assist in my book.

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree with you it wasn't just Sid but when his jock is sniffed by everyone everyday he's going to be looked at differently. Take the good with the bad.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't help Babcock is pairing Sid with guys who don't fit his style; Kunitz, Sharp, St Louis, Duchene play fast, play well in the corners. Carter and Bergeron are slow methodical type of players, and Benn was just terrible today all around. Don't know enough about him to comment though on his style.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't help Babcock is pairing Sid with guys who don't fit his style; Kunitz, Sharp, St Louis, Duchene play fast, play well in the corners. Carter and Bergeron are slow methodical type of players, and Benn was just terrible today all around. Don't know enough about him to comment though on his style.

I would like to see Martin St. Louis paired with Sid next game and see what develops. Put Bergeron back with Benn and Tavares, that line looked great prior to Babcock splitting them up.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you it wasn't just Sid but when his jock is sniffed by everyone everyday he's going to be looked at differently. Take the good with the bad.
It's the bad with the bad.

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would like to see Martin St. Louis paired with Sid next game and see what develops. Put Bergeron back with Benn and Tavares, that line looked great prior to Babcock splitting them up.

I think that's why he split that line because he knew he could go back to them at any point, so that's why he tried putting a few of those guys with Sid

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was confused by the combination of Sid and Bergeron. I was thinking the whole game, "Man, it would be fun to watch Sid with Duchene."

And why would you put two very good faceoff guys on the same line? And it looked like Bergeron was on the wing, but he's basically the best defensive center going right now.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was confused by the combination of Sid and Bergeron. I was thinking the whole game, "Man, it would be fun to watch Sid with Duchene."

And why would you put two very good faceoff guys on the same line? And it looked like Bergeron was on the wing, but he's basically the best defensive center going right now.

Yep, on a team full of stars the best use of Bergeron's skills is 4th line center. Making him a first line left wing isn't fair to him cause there are better options, isn't fair to the team, and is just a terrible use of on ice assets.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to see Sharp - Sid - St Louis