• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

finally some hockey talk?

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Probably 48 game season. 7 games against division. I can really see the devils opening up against the rangers in Newark.

So whats the thoughts on this team? Lots of ????? And being a shortened season will not give us a chance to figure it out. Henrique out for another momth hurts. Ted and jj have to be able to step in.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think TG said that the Devils can't open at home because Disney on ice starts on the 17th and runs until the following Monday.

The Prudential Center website does list Devils vs jets on Tues, 22nd.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably all Eastern Conference games to keep the travel schedule easy, lots of back to backs in order to squeeze them all in.

Bring Sykora back. Big problem was stamina and the shortened season should make that a non issue. We have some age on this team so I think a shortened season helps us out a great deal. Marty usually starts out slow so we can't have that this year. Hopefully he's been staying in shape. Short season could be a blessing for us.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My god... so it starts... ESPN already has the rags on the front page... showing queen henry and what the rags are gonna do this shorten season... just like espn to already be handing them the cup.... its just sad....

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring Sykora back. Big problem was stamina and the shortened season should make that a non issue. We have some age on this team so I think a shortened season helps us out a great deal. Marty usually starts out slow so we can't have that this year. Hopefully he's been staying in shape. Short season could be a blessing for us.[/QUOTE]

This... I think the short season is made for a team like our current team, esp since we just came from the cup finals. Players like elias and marty and sykora will be great at 50 in, so anything is possible. Hopefully we will go on one of mid season hot streaks, and that will be right at the playoff time....

Anyone know what the discount on center ice will be? It cant be full price....

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Looks like the draft at the Rock is going to happen after all! Really looking forward to it!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Sykora is a double edge sword. Shortened season is good or him but like you said a lot of back to back games. How will he hold up? There's not much on the ufa market might as well grab him.

Rangers were easily the favorite to win the cup this season. Heck if they had nash last year they would've beat us. I do think this could be there year :-( its def a make or break for torts. Want to talk a team the layidd helped its them. The players bodies can recover frim all those blocked shots last year.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sykora is a double edge sword. Shortened season is good or him but like you said a lot of back to back games. How will he hold up? There's not much on the ufa market might as well grab him.

Rangers were easily the favorite to win the cup this season. Heck if they had nash last year they would've beat us. I do think this could be there year :-( its def a make or break for torts. Want to talk a team the layidd helped its them. The players bodies can recover frim all those blocked shots last year.

Henrik was also shot by the time we faced him. I doubt that will be an issue this time around.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but like us, they will have to contend with just the east confrence. That may be tough for them... they wont have all those gimme games from the west side. Each game will matter... the cryers, pens, habs, and us will take its toll on them. Hell if they drop too many games or so, they may not even be in the hunt. Same goes for us of course, but you never know... its all who plays who in the playoffs....

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe 18 of the 48 are divisional games which is pretty brutal for the Atlantic.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
With it being so heavy on the conference games Here is a bold prediction.

The islanders will make the playoffs.

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sykora and Huselius.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
King slayer
Elias
Kovy
Clarkson
Jj
Sykora
Ted
Zubrus
Zajac
Butler

That will be the top 3 lines in some form.

The defense is set. I wasn't happy with the d being too many but with the short season it will be nice to sub some players in. I want larrson to get some ice time though.

You have jansen barch gio carter bernier to round out the bottom. And huselius did we sign him? I dont remember been so long!

MCDevils

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Huselius is still a FA, but I think he would be a good pickup.