• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Finally Final....almost

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So the devils have to rent a certain amount of spaces in the new deck? Then the city has to pay the devils 2.5 million a year in parking revenue? Kinda stupid

All this and Newark gets $50 million over the course of a 25 year lease? I'm not good with numbers but for a major city what's 2 million a year?

As long as it gets rid of that stupid lot across the front of the arena

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe we've had this discussion before, but seriously in say 15 years when the Prudential Center is no longer a top notch venue, the team has a 2 or 3 year span where they are no good, who in their right mind is going to a game there? If they have any interest in getting fans to the game in the future they have to start building up the area around the arena. Bars, restaurants etc. just something to entice fans to want to go out of their way to get there.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i agree big time nasty. i was never really one that wanted to hang out after a game much anyway i always bringing the gf so what fun is that. but i know its a big deal for a lot of people and there is so much land there they really need to knock down that parking lot across the street put something up there. the stadium is flanked by parking lots/deck on 3 sides!