• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FG game and return game

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 huge problems that we can not have going into the playoffs. And by return I mean punts.

Arete Tzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been done with akers, he has to go. With the way this team makes a habit of letting teams hang in we can't afford to move forward with him.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet we will leave it status quo. Smh

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 huge problems that we can not have going into the playoffs. And by return I mean punts.

Its bad specially the kicking game I literately can't watch Akers kick any FGs. Everytime he comes out I just feel he is going to miss the kick and with a tight game coming up against Seattle points will be a premium and we can't come away empty handed.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They need Ginn off the team, he is taking stupid stupid risks trying to save the day. I couldn't take it if they lost in the playoffs because of muffed punts again.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke did try out other kickers so it shouldn't take long to get a replacement? Akers has a hip injury right? anyways, injury or not, the 49ers need results and if they're going to bring in a new kicker....the sooner the better.

two weeks ago i just wanted Baalke to be ready, after tonight IMO replace Akers now. we keep hoping he recovers but to me it is false hope.

regarding punt returns, seems to me Ginn is trying to be a hero knowing he won't catch passes? but it isn't easy to replace him so i'd just try others in practice. might even give the second guy a rep or two in the Arizona game?

we too easy think of long punt returns, but it starts with good decision making (fielding the punt) and next, securing the ball.

Bemular

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been done with akers, he has to go. With the way this team makes a habit of letting teams hang in we can't afford to move forward with him.

The whole post, but especially the bold

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If Akers is healthy then as much as I like the guy he does need to go but if he's still working through an injury I would like them to bring in another kicker and let Akers get healthy. I'm pretty sure we still have the spare roster spot to be able do it.

I would just hate to be short sighted and cut Akers if he's not healthy.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If Akers is healthy then as much as I like the guy he does need to go but if he's still working through an injury I would like them to bring in another kicker and let Akers get healthy. I'm pretty sure we still have the spare roster spot to be able do it.

I would just hate to be short sighted and cut Akers if he's not healthy.

we're two games out from the play-offs, does Akers have enough time to get healthy AND show he's back to norm? don't think this injury was recent either, he might be healthy now? all these misses have likely affected his psych?

this isn't the first time he's hit a slump and every single point counts with our offense. we should just move on and use that spot elsewhere, rather sign a punt returner than keep two kickers?

also, don't we need to look beyond this season anyway?