• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FF7 remake...

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

I just played the couple hours of the PS1 version just last year. Its way better than the demo.

Last edited:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do suspect this game is going to be massively popular. The people who like it seem to really like it. I just don't particularly care for the cringe in the dialogue or characters at all and I know the story. The original is a fairly simple game and they added a hyrbid RPG/Action system thats...ok...but slower. The reputation of the game will likely live and die with the boss fights which potentially could be really cool.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great so far. Waiting for the rest of it to download... Sony's network sucks ass. I can download RDR2 on Steam in < 30 minutes, but for some reason a game with 40 less gigs takes hours. Whatever.

Either way I had a blast going through the reactor blow up. They added some amazing dialogue from Jessie (one of the saboteurs) that's so 90s video games, but I love it.

I've watched some streams today and it's not exactly a CLONE of FF7, but I didn't expect it to be when I saw the new live combat system. It's a little different getting used to (haven't played the recent FF installments) but I'm having fun. I'd be curious to see what the 'classic' combat is all about, I'll have to give it a try, I'm assuming that's more of the take turns format, but the live action format is really fun.

I haven't even run into Tifa yet.

5JEy.gif

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I might buy a PlayStation specifically for this. Loved me some FF7

PS4 should be pretty cheap now. Besides, Last of Us is a game of a decade easily. You should not deny yourself that game, God of War, FF7 Remake, Until Dawn, Uncharted remastered etc. That's 4-7 (Uncharted series) amazing titles you can easily justify blowing $400-450 (game + console) on for at a minimum 150 hours entertainment. Pretty damn cheap end of day.

There's a TON of amazing other games available on PS4, but they're multi platform. I have a fairly high end PC so I play any game I can on PC, but I'm just talking PS4 exclusive above. No other way to play them but PS4.

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just downloaded it and am firing it up

Haven't been happy with a final fantasy game since 12. Looking forward to it

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a remake but would be really cool if they put a spin on the story

Like bringing a certain someone from death if possible

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know it's a remake but would be really cool if they put a spin on the story

Like bringing a certain someone from death if possible

SHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Yah I haven't gotten that far in (although what you mention isn't even available at the moment). So far it's pretty much mirror'd the FF7 classic intro, but I watched some Twitch streamers today and there's definitely different components to it.

I also heard this is only episode 1 which is entirely staged in Midgar, but it's also a 35-45 hour game for most people. Episode 2 will explore outside of Midgar and likely complete the story, unless they push for 3 episodes. I've read/heard the devs added a lot of content/extras that are not in the original game, which makes sense.

I'm personally fine with it. To do a play by play FF7 with updated graphics? Meh... I applaud them for changing up the combat, adding different areas/fights, mechanics, etc. Overall it's still the same story (mostly), but change it up some if I'm going to pay $60 for it. RE2 did that a LITTLE but was to me not worth $60 at all for 5 hours of 'been there done that with potato graphics' content.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friends have been blowing up my phone saying this is awesome.

I'm probably going to wait for this to get cheap and get a physical copy for nostalgia's sake. Still not a fan of the pacing changes in the demo but pretty much everyone I trust on gaming has given this the thumbs up.

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My friends have been blowing up my phone saying this is awesome.

I'm probably going to wait for this to get cheap and get a physical copy for nostalgia's sake. Still not a fan of the pacing changes in the demo but pretty much everyone I trust on gaming has given this the thumbs up.

To me the gameplay is pretty solid. Obviously not turn based really though

Graphics are great

Biggest knock I've seen is how linear it is.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Graphics are great

Well the original FF7 was VERY linear until you got out of Midgar where it opened up. So I find zero fault with the devs in this.

Nothing has changed in this regard, and apparently any open world RPG action etc. would be episode 2 (which annoying we have to wait AND pay for).

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Battelyon,

I really want you to make an effort to be nice... your overall demeanor and attitude is frankly out of control, and I don't know what to do about it.

I want you to take a personal day off this forum, and reflect on your virginity for the last 58 years. How it came to be, and what could've changed.. and then come back and admit that we all could've and STILL want to help you...

God speed my friend....

Stakesarehigh

Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the original FF7 was VERY linear until you got out of Midgar where it opened up. So I find zero fault with the devs in this.

Nothing has changed in this regard, and apparently any open world RPG action etc. would be episode 2 (which annoying we have to wait AND pay for).

That's true thinking back. Been like 20 years lol

Lions=TeHsUcKs

Basketball School
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ending was trash. Good game overall tho

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Graphics are great

You can change it to turn based I believe, but I have not looked into it.

I bought it and downloaded it, but my daughter took it over almost immediately so I am not very far into it. She is too young to really get the story, but was very upset when I told her the "good guys" are more gray area guys than good.