• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FF Advice: Spiller or Gerhart?

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The title says it all. I'm trying to decide which to start. I can see Gerhart being the more solid runner with the most carries, but I can see Spiller the most explosive and possibly getting into the endzone.

Gerhart is @ATL
Spiller is @NYJ

I don't think either team is great at stopping the run, but I'd say both are average.

arsenal6106

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Jets are a lot worse against the run when it comes to giving up fantasy points to running backs in a standard league.

Against opposing rbs:
Jets rank 18th best, giving up 17 fantasy points/game

Falcons rank 2nd best, giving up 11.4 fantasy points/game

To give you an idea, the Niners rank 1st, giving up 10 fp/game.

I would personally go with Spiller b/c of the better match up, plus I feel like Harvin might take like 5-10 carries away from Gerhart.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I would go with Spiller also.

ESPN has Spiller listed as RB/WR, so my dilemma is do I start AJ Green, Julio Jones, or Spiller at WR?

No points per reception. 1 pt. for 10 yards rushing or 10 yards receiving, 6 pts. TD.

I'm leaning towards Spiller just because an RB should get 100 yds. from scrimmage more consistently than a WR.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah much tougher choice there. You also don't know how much the injuries are still affecting Julio and AJ. I'm going to roll with Spiller and just hope he grabs some receiving yards for me as well. I'm really worried White will steal carries from him though and possible even take over as the go to RB.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah much tougher choice there. You also don't know how much the injuries are still affecting Julio and AJ. I'm going to roll with Spiller and just hope he grabs some receiving yards for me as well. I'm really worried White will steal carries from him though and possible even take over as the go to RB.

Spiller deserves a chance to be the guy, I hope he's given it. When you draft a guy that high you have to give him a chance. He could be the next 2009 version of Chris Johnson (hopefully not the 2011 version). You are paying all that money, you might as well see what you got. If he sucks then you can cut him and save cap space.

Is that your girlfriend in your avatar picture? :-)

bigpb72

OG Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
spiller he will line up everywhere and fitspatrick love to checdown