• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Felix Jones traded

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know we drafted Felix. I can't think of any other Razorbacks being drafted. In fact I can only remember one other Razorback in Dallas under Jerry. That's Ken Hamlin. I'm sure I'm missing a few but to hear people talk you'd think we had 20% of the roster from Arkansas.

Perhaps drafting Felix Jones over Chris Johnson was enough

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps drafting Felix Jones over Chris Johnson was enough

Really????? So drafting one player is how you grade a person?????

Tell you what, Go back and look at the 2008 mocks. Exclude and mock that had Dallas taking Felix over Chris Johnson and you still will be hard pressed to find any placing Chris Johnson higher than Felix. Hell I remember some analyst saying Felix just "MIGHT" be a better back than his teammate McFadden. People have put WAY TO MUCH in the Arkansas connection. One player taken in TWENTY years does not make it a trend that Jerry likes Razorbacks. In fact it completely disproves that trend.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the mocks i saw that year I had Jones to Dallas. But a whole whole lot of them stated that they put jones there strictly because of jerrys fascination with him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really????? So drafting one player is how you grade a person?????

Tell you what, Go back and look at the 2008 mocks. Exclude and mock that had Dallas taking Felix over Chris Johnson and you still will be hard pressed to find any placing Chris Johnson higher than Felix. Hell I remember some analyst saying Felix just "MIGHT" be a better back than his teammate McFadden. People have put WAY TO MUCH in the Arkansas connection. One player taken in TWENTY years does not make it a trend that Jerry likes Razorbacks. In fact it completely disproves that trend.

First, get your panties out of a wad. 2nd, even if you take the Arkansas thing out of it, Jerry has made a lot of fishy decisions over the last 20 years, if you want to defend him, thats your right. As to the analysts you say that had Jones over Johnson, how did that work out?? If you want to go by analysts and mocks, then you must think the Cowboys had a poor draft, because most of them think they reached badly on their 1st two picks. As for me, with the exception of Escobar, I loved their draft

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, get your panties out of a wad. 2nd, even if you take the Arkansas thing out of it, Jerry has made a lot of fishy decisions over the last 20 years, if you want to defend him, thats your right. As to the analysts you say that had Jones over Johnson, how did that work out?? If you want to go by analysts and mocks, then you must think the Cowboys had a poor draft, because most of them think they reached badly on their 1st two picks. As for me, with the exception of Escobar, I loved their draft

I'm not defending Jerry. I have on many occasions said Jerry has made and will continue to make mistakes. What I don't do is blindly follow a media and or fans ideas and take it as gospel. In no way can you take what I said as "panties in a wad". Just trying to get the media sheep to open their eyes. You know read and form a correct thought.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And as for the mocks being right or wrong. They are no more of an educated guess, than what the majority of us can make. But in that same mock they had McFadden as the #1 back. Not saying anyone here 100% wanted McFadden except for Fried, but unless you are lying to the world you too though McFadden was the bast available heading into the draft. So I can ask the same STUPID question. How did that work out. Look the draft is a crap shoot. And I will stop short of guaranteeing this, but odds are if we had drafted Chris and he failed, you'd be haer saying "We should've drafted Felix.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we have to trash Felix Jones because Jerry and his brass made a questionable decision? As I recall, Felix Jones was a big part of the playoff win and he wasn't a complete lost cause in Dallas. It's not his fault that he ended up being what just about everyone outside of the Cowboys' brass knew he would be: A scat back that would have trouble taking hits consistently at the NFL level.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do we have to trash Felix Jones because Jerry and his brass made a questionable decision? As I recall, Felix Jones was a big part of the playoff win and he wasn't a complete lost cause in Dallas. It's not his fault that he ended up being what just about everyone outside of the Cowboys' brass knew he would be: A scat back that would have trouble taking hits consistently at the NFL level.
:agree::agree::agree:

you nailed it

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh look, common sense.:suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you liked the Felix move at the time, it probably is a little easier to take. I thought Chris Johnson was going to be a great player, so it stung a little more when he panned out better than Felix. I'm sure there were several people who really wanted Randy Moss, and seeing him blow the Cowboys Defense to shreds for years just kept pouring salt on it. At least Jerry is mixing in his share of hits the last few years. I think he will be hearing it about Escobar for years though. I hope I'm wrong

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Jones is scarry when he snags players from Arkansas let alone turns a 5th rounder into a 1st round pick.

As a GM Jerry scares me as a businessman I give him the reins to my measly 401K money in a Dallas heartbeat and pray it grows like his 140 million dollar investment in the Cowboys

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most of the mocks i saw that year I had Jones to Dallas. But a whole whole lot of them stated that they put jones there strictly because of jerrys fascination with him.

That's why I said to exclude the draft with Dallas taking Jones. If he really was or wasn't fascinated with Felix' many mock drafts used that as a reason to place him there. Truth be told I believe Jerry liked McFadden, knowing we had virtually no shot at McFadden mocks turned to the next best thing. Felix. One McFadden obsessed McFadden poster on the ears was insisting we were or should trade every draft pick we had to draft McFadden. I'm just glad Jerry didn't agree with him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a GM Jerry scares me as a businessman I give him the reins to my measly 401K money in a Dallas heartbeat and pray it grows like his 140 million dollar investment in the Cowboys

As a business man, Jerry Jones has very few peers. Same thing as an Owner. If he had gone with a strong HC/GM type to work with the entire time he was in Dallas(which he can afford), not just Jimmy and Bill, I honestly think he would have 6-7 Super Bowl titles instead of 3

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you liked the Felix move at the time, it probably is a little easier to take. I thought Chris Johnson was going to be a great player, so it stung a little more when he panned out better than Felix. I'm sure there were several people who really wanted Randy Moss, and seeing him blow the Cowboys Defense to shreds for years just kept pouring salt on it. At least Jerry is mixing in his share of hits the last few years. I think he will be hearing it about Escobar for years though. I hope I'm wrong

I didn't know what to think of the move at the time, but I don't see why people in this thread have to bash him like he did nothing in Dallas. If there is one thing he should be bashed for, it's for coming into camp out of shape like he did.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know what to think of the move at the time, but I don't see why people in this thread have to bash him like he did nothing in Dallas. If there is one thing he should be bashed for, it's for coming into camp out of shape like he did.

Thats valid

tw1st3d

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's EXACTLY why you should bash him.

He had lost his job to Murray already..... Half a heart he comes into camp tryingto gent his job back. Not fat out of shape with a doughnut in his hand.

After his first year he wasn't even a scat back. He bulked up, slowed up, had no power and moves. Speed was all he brought to the table and the moment he decided he wanted to bulk up he lost that.

negativeCreep

Odd Man Out
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ the steelers - Kind of sad though, I was really looking forward to him being an eagle (good for them) Alls he's doing now is dropping Bell's fantasy value (in some minds) a little bit - hopefully I can scoop Lamar up in the 6th..