• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feldman to the rescue

ashcan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
We might very be looking at the Rangers MVP of this series if we come back to win it. Scott Feldman has done a great job of saving the pen and eating up innings.

Stinky Britches

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
feldy showing that the rays are not the 27 yankees

it points to how bad wislon was

of course it doesnt help when our offense struggles against newbies

this was bumgarner all over again

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the way we hit the game was over when Damon hit the jack.

ashcan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hey, didn't I tell y'all? For all the NA-PO-LI, Beltre, Ogando, and Neffy talk, the MVP thus far is old "Scooter" Feldman. All he's done is eat up innings and allow Wash to keep is pen in order.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Feldy has been phenomenal! During the game, I was thinking that maybe we start Feldman next time around instead of Holland if this series extends. Detroit is RH heavy team, so it could be something to think about. Though, if Holland could have just thrown strikes, he would have been fine today.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Feldy has been phenomenal! During the game, I was thinking that maybe we start Feldman next time around instead of Holland if this series extends. Detroit is RH heavy team, so it could be something to think about. Though, if Holland could have just thrown strikes, he would have been fine today.

I think we roll Holland back out. Give the kid a chance. Doesn't look like nerves, looks like he just wasn't focused. Last time he had an outing like this he really dug in and got focused, and went on a tear.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we roll Holland back out. Give the kid a chance. Doesn't look like nerves, looks like he just wasn't focused. Last time he had an outing like this he really dug in and got focused, and went on a tear.

i think it was nerves. he never looked steady and he was getting under his pitches. but i agree we run him out there and i think see him do a lot better

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Believe Wash sticks with his rotation (and position player alignments) during a series ... but if Feldman doesn't get called on before a potential (and therefore critical) Game 6 he has an option if Holland starts off poorly.

Feldman has shown his affectiveness coming out of the BP ... and while Holland has worked from the bullpen before that was more than a season ago ... so I'd expect Holland to start a potential Game 6.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe Wash sticks with his rotation (and position player alignments) during a series ... but if Feldman doesn't get called on before a potential (and therefore critical) Game 6 he has an option if Holland starts off poorly.

Feldman has shown his affectiveness coming out of the BP ... and while Holland has worked from the bullpen before that was more than a season ago ... so I'd expect Holland to start a potential Game 6.

I heard that Moreland is benched and Young is moving to 1st today. Wonder who DH's...Torrealba?

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I heard that Moreland is benched and Young is moving to 1st today. Wonder who DH's...Torrealba?

Wasn't aware that Wash had made the call to start Young at 1b ... but if it pans out rather than a demotion for Moreland ... it may be more about getting Young comfortable playing 1b in visiting parks ... and untracked at the plate as well.

As for who DHs ... it isn't going to be Torrealba because that would leave TEX without a backup catcher. I think TEX will move Murphy to DH and start Gentry in LF (or my preference CF due to the size of the Comerica OF).

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't aware that Wash had made the call to start Young at 1b ... but if it pans out rather than a demotion for Moreland ... it may be more about getting Young comfortable playing 1b in visiting parks ... and untracked at the plate as well.

As for who DHs ... it isn't going to be Torrealba because that would leave TEX without a backup catcher. I think TEX will move Murphy to DH and start Gentry in LF (or my preference CF due to the size of the Comerica OF).

Good call on the backup catcher. I thought Treanor was on our roster, but he isn't showing on the active roster.

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Good call on the backup catcher. I thought Treanor was on our roster, but he isn't showing on the active roster.

For the ALCS Wash replaced Treanor with Tateyama.

Given his success behind the plate ... don't think Wash wants to mess with the C position either and Napoli starts behind the plate all the way to the end.

From Jerry Fraley's piece this morning:

"To catcher Mike Napoli, questions about his ability to handle starting at catcher on four consecutive days for the first time this season are much ado about nothing.

"What is such a big difference?" Napoli asked. "In my career, I've caught 10 games in a row. I'm fine. It's just not a big deal.""

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They would/will move Hamilton to LF....and either start Gentry or Chavez in CF. Since Fister is a Righty... i'd be surprised if Gentry starts. Could happen though. Wash said he was going to get Chavez some PT in this series though...

Yep. He got removed to make room for an 8th bullpen pitcher

Al Falfa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This makes sense. Replace a player who has struggled to hit with a player who has struggled to hit. :think:

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wash has already shown a willingness to backtrack on his "Hamilton is my CF in the playoffs" statement, as long as that CF is Gentry, who covers FAR more ground than anybody on this squad and is a logical play in Comerica

But we're not playing a LHP so I have no clue

Xx srs bsns xX

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,409.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This just in...

"On the other hand, Wash seems prepared to do something about the lack of production at the plate from Mitch Moreland (whose fifth-inning fumble ended up not hurting but probably rankled the manager as much as the huge rollover 3-2-3 double play groundout). Word is Young will start at first base tonight, with Napoli DH'ing and Yorvit Torrealba getting his first post-season action for Texas behind the plate. "

Windingmywatch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This just in...

"... Word is Young will start at first base tonight, with Napoli DH'ing and Yorvit Torrealba getting his first post-season action for Texas behind the plate. "

Read that too ... but it runs against everything that Wash said and did all season.

No problem with TEX starting Young at 1b. If TEX advances to the next round Young will have to play there every game at the NL park. It might be a good idea to play Young at 1b in away games this series. If playing the field wakes up Young's bat ... so much the better.

However ... if Napoli DH's that leaves TEX without a backup catcher without losing the DH. Wash never violated that rule all season long. Why would he do that now. The press report may be true ... Young starting at 1b ... but then I suggest TEX is more likely to move Murphy to DH ... and start Gentry in CF with Hamilton moving to LF.

Bottom line: Getting Torreabla post season action only makes sense if is equal totally to Napoli's defensive and offensive output ... unless Napoli went to Wash and asked for a day off ... after playing 2 games in 6 days. You think that happened?

In October ... simultaneously starting Torrealba at C and Napoli at DH means there is something else we don't know because otherwise it doesn't make sense. Next we will hear that Esteban German will start at third base too.

ashcan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Scooter still making the OP look good. LOL!

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea, he was good again. And yea, Wash probably rolls with Holland in game 6 if necessary, though on a very short leash. I do expect him to pitch better and think nerves did him in again. I guess the only way you overcome anxiety with with confidence and that comes with experience and success.