• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Feels like Suns Spurs all over again

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
or Coyotes Kings

but pretty much Arizona sports in a nutshell, aside from 2001 D-Backs, every time theres a really awesome team or a solid playoff run, they pretty much always just run into a simply better team

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more frustrating because the game should be a lot closer if two guys didn't decide to play like complete clowns today (PP and Palmer).

Normally, I'd say this thing is far from over...17 points is far from something they can't overcome most days...but with this version of Palmer...I think being down 3 would be insurmountable.

At the end of the day, you're right...they ran into a better team. I just hoped they'd do something besides this crap show.

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's more frustrating because the game should be a lot closer if two guys didn't decide to play like complete clowns today (PP and Palmer).

Normally, I'd say this thing is far from over...17 points is far from something they can't overcome most days...but with this version of Palmer...I think being down 3 would be insurmountable.

At the end of the day, you're right...they ran into a better team. I just hoped they'd do something besides this crap show.

for once it would be nice for an AZ sports team to just be dominant when it matters most, but i guess that is just wishful thinking

maybe D-Backs can make a run with their offense they have plus the new pitching

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm already kind of over it. Carolina was just the better team. They were in the regular season and they certainly were today. Second best sucks...but it could always be a lot worse. Heck, we as Cards fans know that.

Going forward, you obviously stick with Palmer one more year and probably the last of his contract. After that, Bortles and Carr may be available on the FA market. I have no confidence, after watching them draft Logan Thomas, and not having a good draft slot, that they will find a QB diamond in the rough in the draft.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina was simply the better team. Too many mistakes by multiple star players for the Cardinals. But I have to wonder how different the game would be with the Honey Badger out there & Palmer not having the finger injury.

Again, too many mistakes against a great team spelled our doom. And Belcher looked like the rookie DC he is.

Rashad Johnson might have played himself off the roster. Seriously, he looked lost out there in coverage today & is due to be a FA.

I won't even begin to talk about how awful 4/5s of our OL played today.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carolina was simply the better team. Too many mistakes by multiple star players for the Cardinals. But I have to wonder how different the game would be with the Honey Badger out there & Palmer not having the finger injury.

Again, too many mistakes against a great team spelled our doom. And Belcher looked like the rookie DC he is.

Rashad Johnson might have played himself off the roster. Seriously, he looked lost out there in coverage today & is due to be a FA.

I won't even begin to talk about how awful 4/5s of our OL played today.

What about Arians? I predicted at the half he would make zero offensive adjustments and I was right on. Palmer was clearly having one of his "Stink Palmer" games, but I know we'd probably see more dangerous, deeper passes than less. Yep...and it was horrific. I love Arians, but I thank God he coaches a team full of talent.

That Peterson punt return is going to give me nightmares for a while. I don't think you see that kind of stupidity in Pop Warner. That was the end of the game IMO.

Honey Badger would have helped, but not enough. Palmer was just terrible...even if his finger was 100%...I mean some of those passes were him missing guys five feet in front of him.

They need to draft multiple pass rushers. This defense would be unstoppable if they could get actual pressure using a regular scheme. They need a monster that is going to get 14 sacks and be a one-man wrecking machine type. Maybe shore up the O-line.

No DJ Humphries or Logan Thomases.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about Arians? I predicted at the half he would make zero offensive adjustments and I was right on. Palmer was clearly having one of his "Stink Palmer" games, but I know we'd probably see more dangerous, deeper passes than less. Yep...and it was horrific. I love Arians, but I thank God he coaches a team full of talent.

That Peterson punt return is going to give me nightmares for a while. I don't think you see that kind of stupidity in Pop Warner. That was the end of the game IMO.

Honey Badger would have helped, but not enough. Palmer was just terrible...even if his finger was 100%...I mean some of those passes were him missing guys five feet in front of him.

They need to draft multiple pass rushers. This defense would be unstoppable if they could get actual pressure using a regular scheme. They need a monster that is going to get 14 sacks and be a one-man wrecking machine type. Maybe shore up the O-line.

No DJ Humphries or Logan Thomases.

Arians is Arians. His coaching wasn't the issue, the players on the field were. Excluding Iupati, the OL couldn't block. Fitz is dropping easy 3rd down completions. Palmer was just suck to start the game & when we fell behind, he took too many risks trying to get us back in the game.

The defense as a whole couldn't get pressure thus leaving guys in coverage too long. They couldn't make the open field tackles.

With all that being said, we had a chance to get back in the game before the half & make it a one score game. The the PP muff punt return happened.

It was an across the board failure by the team.

The only guys that showed up were David Johnson, Iupati, & Bucannon.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the draft, we need both interior DL & OLB who can rush the pass. We need to draft a center early on. And we need a CB.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arians is Arians. His coaching wasn't the issue, the players on the field were. Excluding Iupati, the OL couldn't block. Fitz is dropping easy 3rd down completions. Palmer was just suck to start the game & when we fell behind, he took too many risks trying to get us back in the game.

The defense as a whole couldn't get pressure thus leaving guys in coverage too long. They couldn't make the open field tackles.

With all that being said, we had a chance to get back in the game before the half & make it a one score game. The the PP muff punt return happened.

It was an across the board failure by the team.

The only guys that showed up were David Johnson, Iupati, & Bucannon.

"Arians is Arians" was kind of my point lol. While I agree it's like 95% on the players, it would have been nice to see Arians make a minor adjustment at halftime instead of unleashing an obviously awful Palmer into a flurry of deep disaster passes. He threw 4 INTs, but could have had at least 4 more added on. I kind of stopped watching where he threw those three straight passes, all of which should have been picked, but weren't...that was about enough.

Didn't notice Deone doing much. He was assigned to monitor Olsen, who had a great game, so I'm not sure he deserves a ton of props. David Johnson...the ROOKIE...was the only one I saw out there playing like a pro. Iupati probably did too.

Davis_Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Arians is Arians" was kind of my point lol. While I agree it's like 95% on the players, it would have been nice to see Arians make a minor adjustment at halftime instead of unleashing an obviously awful Palmer into a flurry of deep disaster passes. He threw 4 INTs, but could have had at least 4 more added on. I kind of stopped watching where he threw those three straight passes, all of which should have been picked, but weren't...that was about enough.

Didn't notice Deone doing much. He was assigned to monitor Olsen, who had a great game, so I'm not sure he deserves a ton of props. David Johnson...the ROOKIE...was the only one I saw out there playing like a pro. Iupati probably did too.

Deone wasn't on Olsen, Jefferson was. Deone was doing a lot of run stuffing early in the game.

The game was ugly, but I am not sure what exactly Arians could do about it when even guys like Fitz are dropping easy 3rd down passes. That's when you know this game went FUBAR & there was no going back.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This reminds me more of Lakers-Suns. Cam was the Kobe in this instance.

Suns for quite some time beat up on the Lakers (when both were relevant and when both were not) so I'd say that's not the best analogy.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Suns for quite some time beat up on the Lakers (when both were relevant and when both were not) so I'd say that's not the best analogy.
Also if Nash hadn't been hockey checked that one year that caused a multiple game suspension for a couple of our players the Suns likely would have a championship. I've hated everything San Antonio since that day.