• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fed is quietly playing great

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im going to go out on a HUGE limb and say that Fed wins Wimbledon this year. Guy is playing better than he has in quite some time and I think he takes it down.

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's so calm it's freaky. Raonic freaks me out for the same reason.

grossefavourite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bit full of himself, I'd say:

Federer on his focus for another major

18:20"I don't talk much about what's going on in the background. I put my head down and try to win, try to play. This year things are clearly going better. Now I'm confident again and not fighting with any confidence issues, which is huge in sporting terms. I'm happy I got through the first rounds here rather comfortably. I don't think I've lost my serve yet and I'm returning well. I'm in command of the points. That's where you need to be early on to then also be able to perform against the best players."

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

18:20"I don't talk much about what's going on in the background. I put my head down and try to win, try to play. This year things are clearly going better. Now I'm confident again and not fighting with any confidence issues, which is huge in sporting terms. I'm happy I got through the first rounds here rather comfortably. I don't think I've lost my serve yet and I'm returning well. I'm in command of the points. That's where you need to be early on to then also be able to perform against the best players."

Wait, the above sounds full of himself, but the pablum that comes out of Serena's mouth sounds fine?

:L

JuiceTheGator

Purveyor of Justice
Hoopla Cash
$ 903.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Yeah, I watched him say that and he wasn't arrogant at all. He's fighting his age and you can tell he's trying to hang onto what made him one of the GOAT. His mere presence is humble...as opposed to being a "go out on top" kinda' pheg.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
even with rafa out, beating murray or nole (or both) makes this title, or any major, nearly impossible for roger now.

love him, and wish him the best, but he'll need a lot more help from the field.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's going to be interesting to see how fed deals with somebody who can really go after his backhand. wawrinka's own backhand is excellent, so he'll go to fed's a lot. and he can pull the trigger and go down the line with the backhand if he is able to open up the court.

fed's best bet is to try to exploit stan's lack of quickness around the court, particularly by drawing him up to the net. i'm betting we'll see a lot of fed's tactic of slicing short to bring stan in, and see if he has an answer for it.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's funny how Nadal fans want to call out Fed's personality, but the players (you know, the people who actually interact with him) have given Fed the Sportsmanship Award 9 of the last 10 years. Nobody in history had ever won more than five.

If the people who know you have voted you the most sportsmanlike player in ATP history, then by definition you are not a jerk.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the only two stats you need to know about Fed's tournament so far:

- Fed has not been broken
- Fed has broken his opponent every single set

By definition, you can't lose when that happens.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
grosse is neither a tennis nor a sports fan in any way

just a garden variety troll, and a massive piece of shit

in other words, it's pointless to try to reason with that turd

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's going to be interesting to see how fed deals with somebody who can really go after his backhand. wawrinka's own backhand is excellent, so he'll go to fed's a lot. and he can pull the trigger and go down the line with the backhand if he is able to open up the court.

fed's best bet is to try to exploit stan's lack of quickness around the court, particularly by drawing him up to the net. i'm betting we'll see a lot of fed's tactic of slicing short to bring stan in, and see if he has an answer for it.

Cezero,

Fed matches well against all these guys left in the draw, Stan, Djoko, Murray, Dimitrov, you name it. If he serves and plays to his full capacity they can't stop him from winning here. Only one guy could and he is out.

Against Stan he will feel the comfort of playing against a right hander with a one handed backhand, same against Dimitrov, he has played and won against both Murray and Djoko in the final stages and both are right handed. The real question is whether Fed will play to his full capacity and serve well or not.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cezero,

If he serves and plays to his full capacity they can't stop him from winning here. .

that was true 3 years ago.

it's not even close to true now.

fed is imminently beatable on any surface and at any tournament now by anybody in the top 10, even when he plays his absolute best.

when/if he loses, you'll just say that he wasn't at his best, which is ironic, since you get so upset when people say that about serena or rafa. lol.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i agree that fed should feel comfortable against stan, but at the same time, this will be the first guy who can attack fed in any way on a grass court. we'll see how stable fed's backhand is tomorrow, win or lose.

dimitrov, murray, or djokovic in the top half could all beat fed on any given day on any surface right now, and i only like his chances against any of them in he could take the final in 3 sets.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who has he played?

nobody of consequence yet. robredo is a dirtballer who has always struggled on grass (the 4th round this year is the furthest he's made it at wimbledon, in fact).

fed CAN win this thing of course, and his chances got even better now that rafa's out. tomorrow's match against stan will demonstrate where he really is with his game. if he can control the middle of the court and stay close to the baseline against stan, and keep stan from pulling him out wide to his backhand side a lot, i'll be really optimistic about his chances in a final against the guys in the top half.

Hs0022

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that was true 3 years ago.

it's not even close to true now.

fed is imminently beatable on any surface and at any tournament now by anybody in the top 10, even when he plays his absolute best.

when/if he loses, you'll just say that he wasn't at his best, which is ironic, since you get so upset when people say that about serena or rafa. lol.

There is a big difference because Serena is not as fit as Federer and relies mostly on overpowering her opponents and them folding from sheer intimidation. That is kind like t-Rex chomping on herbivores

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
stan doing exactly what i thought he would. he's clearly ill, so it's sporadic.

fed's backhand will break down against djok (and maybe even dimitrov) if they meet in the final. it's just a liability right now even with the low bounce on grass helping out his slice. his serve is really clicking, though, and dimitrov's return is the weakest part of his game. not so with nole.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fed won over his countryman, and clearly wasn't playing his best.

neither was wawrinka, of course.

i think nerves got to both of them a little.

no matter what, i really like fed's chances to make the final now. he loves playing against guys like raonic and kyrgios on grass. i still worry about him in a final against djok and dimitov, though. great tournament for him regardless.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF Dmitrov beats Nole I think Fed wins it easy. Making your first Slam final at Wimbledon vs the best grass courter of all time is going to be way way too much for him I think. If its Nole its a tossup, Fed has played a MUCH better tournament but hasnt fared well vs Djokovic recently.