• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Favorite Five

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
1. Bryant Young
2. Jesse Sapolu
3. Leo Nomellini
4. Joe Perry
5. #16, 8, 80, 84, 42, 36 (Hard to list just one out of this bunch)

As far as Nomellini and Perry go, no I'm not that old LOL. Growing up I was poor, so we spent a ton of time at the public library. While others were at the games or watching the games on TV, I was at the library reading about the heroes and greats from back in the day. This is where fell in love with the legends, without ever even seeing them play!

hey now....Sapolu!

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Willis was hands down the most exciting 49er from 2007-2010, but with Bowman around it has died off a little because now most of the time I have to wait until the dust settles and they stand up to see if it is 53 or 52 who just made that exciting play. Anyway, now I hold Willis and Bowman at the same level of exciting player.

Willis/Bowman
Lott
The 1994 Secondary
BY
Aldon

Hmmmm, all defense, I guess that shows where my heart lies.

Honorable Mention for Kaepernick, if he keeps embarrassing the shit out of the Packers he is going to quickly become my favorite 49er of all time.

Last edited by a moderator:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
hey now....Sapolu!

I know, the Rainbow Warrior himself...

I could say a lot about Jesse, but I'll just say while Montana and company got most of the credit (and rightfully so) it was guys like #61 battling in the trenches giving everything they had, and Sapolu was my favorite!

He is at the top of my list for my next custom jersey...

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 81 Team
The 83 Team
The 88 Team
The 89 Team
The 94 Team

Steve Young
Jerry Rice
Bryant Young
John Taylor
Tom Rathman

dreday

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Super Joe
Jerry Rice
Ronnie Lott
Bryant Young
Roger Craig.
Steve Young, if he had won more titles. Lol!!

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Willis was hands down the most exciting 49er from 2007-2010, but with Bowman around it has died off a little because now most of the time I have to wait until the dust settles and they stand up to see if it is 53 or 52 who just made that exciting play. Anyway, now I hold Willis and Bowman at the same level of exciting player.

Willis/Bowman
Lott
The 1994 Secondary
BY
Aldon

Hmmmm, all defense, I guess that shows where my heart lies.

Honorable Mention for Kaepernick, if he keeps embarrassing the shit out of the Packers he is going to quickly become my favorite 49er of all time.

Amen to that..

For me, it's a little bit different. I have only really been paying attention for the last 8-9 years, but I remember watching the '94 Super Bowl.

1. Patrick Willis
2. Frank Gore
3. Jerry Rice
4. Steve Young
5. Merton Hanks and that floppy lil neck of his.

Willis is my #1 because in 07 during that draft, I wanted him more than any player and when we got him, it was the sweetest thing. There was a 0% doubt in my mind that he would become one of the greatest of all time. I had a friend that was over in England at the time and he called me when we drafted him as I was jumping around outside screaming and hollering..(very similar to this years drafting lattimore actually)

I don't have Joe Cool on there just because while I was alive during two SB victories of his, I don't remember them(born in '85) I remember the 94 Super Bowl with Jerry and Steve though.. beatin the pants of the Chargers..

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know, the Rainbow Warrior himself...

I could say a lot about Jesse, but I'll just say while Montana and company got most of the credit (and rightfully so) it was guys like #61 battling in the trenches giving everything they had, and Sapolu was my favorite!

He is at the top of my list for my next custom jersey...

you're right, naturally fans focus on the skill players....offensive skill players. but we also had some quality linemen back then.

extending this further, we also had some pretty damn good defenses too. particularly ending of the '80's, but 'team effort' vice individuals.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Amen to that..

For me, it's a little bit different. I have only really been paying attention for the last 8-9 years, but I remember watching the '94 Super Bowl.

1. Patrick Willis
2. Frank Gore
3. Jerry Rice
4. Steve Young
5. Merton Hanks and that floppy lil neck of his.

Willis is my #1 because in 07 during that draft, I wanted him more than any player and when we got him, it was the sweetest thing. There was a 0% doubt in my mind that he would become one of the greatest of all time. I had a friend that was over in England at the time and he called me when we drafted him as I was jumping around outside screaming and hollering..(very similar to this years drafting lattimore actually)

I don't have Joe Cool on there just because while I was alive during two SB victories of his, I don't remember them(born in '85) I remember the 94 Super Bowl with Jerry and Steve though.. beatin the pants of the Chargers..

yeah, understandable the younger fans don't get Joe Montana? us OLD guys who also lived thru the late '70's, REALLY appreciate him. but for me at least, it isn't just Montana alone, but all the misery that happened before him.

in the late '70's we had by FAR the worst team in the NFL. we'd fall behind a ton by halftime, and i wouldn't (couldn't?) watch the entire game. this is similar to the 2004 and 2005 seasons.

so for me, his own good play plus him leading us to the promised land (SB '81), and he representing the teams of the early '80's. Montana is easily the GOAT.