• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fav 49er Moment

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching greatest moments at candlestick made me start thinking.

What was your Fave memory or play or Game?

If we already have a thread like this please delete this.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play-Young to TO. THat whole drive was crazy. Rice almost fumbles the ball, on the next play Young almost throws an Int but the Packer player drops the ball, and then Young almost falls down and throws a laser to TO who makes one hell of a catch(gets hits hard and holds on to the ball.)

Game- When Garcia comes back in the playoffs and beat the Giants in the playoffs. Im from the east coast so I was with a lot of giants fans. All game making fun of me. BOOM one of the greatest comebacks in playoff history.

Moment-- Young getting the monkey off his back. Great moment.

Sleeper play- Hearst in OT beating the Jets. 96 yard TD run.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play-Young to TO. THat whole drive was crazy. Rice almost fumbles the ball, on the next play Young almost throws an Int but the Packer player drops the ball, and then Young almost falls down and throws a laser to TO who makes one hell of a catch(gets hits hard and holds on to the ball.)

Game- When Garcia comes back in the playoffs and beat the Giants in the playoffs. Im from the east coast so I was with a lot of giants fans. All game making fun of me. BOOM one of the greatest comebacks in playoff history.

I like all of those plays as well.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like all of those plays as well.

Play: The "Catch"

Game: The "Catch" Game

Moment: The dude in the white pimp suit and white brim in the crowd that they show celebrating
after the "Catch"

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play: The "Catch"

Game: The "Catch" Game

Moment: The dude in the white pimp suit and white brim in the crowd that they show celebrating
after the "Catch"

Lol, awesome memories.

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game-Playoff victory vs New Orleans. Such a crazy game to be at because the teams went blow for blow.

Moment-BY getting carried off the field / The Catch 2 where TO came back from having the dropsies all game to make that clutch catch to seal the victory against Green Bay.

Worst moment-Pregame of the playoff loss against the Giants. The Giants were practicing on their side of the field and looked VERY ready, while the Niners were all just dancing around and not taking shit serious. I had a very bad feeling about that game. Plus I forgot to bring a raincoat. That sucked

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, awesome memories.

Check my man out at the 12:18 mark.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygCA5kP6EL4]THE CATCH (1981 NFC Championship Cowboys 49ers) - YouTube[/ame]

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Saints playoff game in New Orleans in a bar full of Saints fans. It was the rowdiest bar I've ever been in. I literally was the only 49er fan in the bar. The game itself was amazing and I remember screaming and then crumpling up into a ball and welling up with tears of joy when Davis scored the TD at the end. I felt so good for Alex, and the team, and all the fans who had endured almost a decade of suffering. Easily my favorite sports memory ever.

I still don't know how I didn't get stabbed.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't alive for The Catch. So I'd have to say the last four minutes of the Saints game. Smith goes without saying, but Davis was my second favorite along with Gore.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rice did fumble the football away and Packers recovered but the refs called him down and they couldnt challenge plays back then.

Gold Rush 86

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,413.72
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWPQoFwVkrk]The Catch 2 - Young to Owens - YouTube[/ame]

At 4:26 you can see Rice fumbles clearly we got lucky. But I will take it. I was actually over at my best friends house watching this as a kid and his whole family is from GB and Packer fans. I was the only 1 jumping up and down after the TO TD lol.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Catch 2 - Young to Owens - YouTube

At 4:26 you can see Rice fumbles clearly we got lucky. But I will take it. I was actually over at my best friends house watching this as a kid and his whole family is from GB and Packer fans. I was the only 1 jumping up and down after the TO TD lol.

back then it was ruled no fumble. so hence he almost fumbles the ball

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well tonights game or play will go into my top 5

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Game has to be the 94 playoff game niners finally beating cowboys.

Play is Rice catching a TD right before the half in that game. You can see the will of the Cowboys get taken away

Moment - Anytime the announcer said. Young to Rice Touch Down

Celebration - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFO3CArqinw]Merton Hanks intercepts John Elway pass - YouTube[/ame]

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
This wasn't at the 'stick, but I have to admit this is one of my favourite 49er moments of all time. Guilty pleasure:

fih.gif

Pharcyde

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This wasn't at the 'stick, but I have to admit this is one of my favourite 49er moments of all time. Guilty pleasure:

fih.gif

Lmao!!!!

Soon after the birth of the jump shot!!!!

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also not at the stick... But I couldn't let Sick just get away with the goal post winning...

Last edited by a moderator:

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched the Saints playoff game in New Orleans in a bar full of Saints fans. It was the rowdiest bar I've ever been in. I literally was the only 49er fan in the bar. The game itself was amazing and I remember screaming and then crumpling up into a ball and welling up with tears of joy when Davis scored the TD at the end. I felt so good for Alex, and the team, and all the fans who had endured almost a decade of suffering. Easily my favorite sports memory ever.

I still don't know how I didn't get stabbed.

Me neither if you conducted yourself there as you do here.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Catch 2 - Young to Owens - YouTube

Why even try? We all know it was a fumble.