• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fastest guy in the NFL as of right now?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butkus kind of reminds me of you big Joe! Great point and I love your stories!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hi Foot. I know speed is quality that you look at when evaluating players, so let me tell you a story.

When Brian Bosworth was about to come into the NFL, he drew a lot of comparisons to Dick Butkus. He even won the Butkus Award twice in college.

And I remember someone in the media asking Butkus about all of these measurable comparisons from their college stats. And Butkus' answer was classic. He said, "They can't measure what's in my heart."

So much truth to that.

Measureables determine an athlete's potential, intangibles determine how close they get to fulfilling it.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to say Goodwin. That kid has scary straight line speed. And I watched Wallace for 3 years, and I would say Goodwin is faster than him.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off topic Joe just have to mention you still have the avatar
my little guy just noticed it

especially Joe Cool top right im sure many people miss that during their first few glances

and a la Foot i also love your write ups...

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Brian Bosworth was about to come into the NFL, he drew a lot of comparisons to Dick Butkus. He even won the Butkus Award twice in college.

And I remember someone in the media asking Butkus about all of these measurable comparisons from their college stats. And Butkus' answer was classic. He said, "They can't measure what's in my heart."

Well we all found out in quick order what was coursing through the Boz's veins, and it wasn't determination and will power.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back on topic, sort of... Foot would you want a guy that was 5'-9" and ran the 40-yard dash in 4.65. Short and slow.

That's Wes Welker.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sam Shields would be a dark horse...that guy is extremely fast. Granted I still think its Goodwin

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I get your point for sure, speed and measurables are not the sole determining factors that make the man! That is something that I may need to look at more, but I will always be drawn to the sub 4.3 40 guys mostly because of the early success i had with Chris Johnson owning him on his rookie year and every year after that.

It's funny about Chris Johnson. Even though it was great to see all the people you guys named on here I started this thread mainly because of Chris Johnson. I heard a tv personality today praising Marshon Lynch saying how great Lynch was mainly because he was a thousand yard rusher for three years in a row now.

The funny thing about Chris Johnson is that even though everyone is and has been kinda down on Johnson including myself this year for the first time he still has had a thousand yard season every year he has been in the league. lol, That's funny! That's like 6 or 7 years in a row with a thousand yard season yet myself included consider him a bust. That's a little hard to understand even for me.

The other reason for this post or i should say the reason i started this thread was to see how many people would name Chris Johnson as the fastest and there where more than i thought even though I agree with Treff and tlance that there is no way he could be as fast as when he ran the 40 at the combine I was a little shocked to see as many people as there where name Johnson as the fastest.

In closing, I think i am always going to love Chris Johnson but the new word on the street is the titans will be cutting him and one of the landing teams the so called experts are saying he could land on is the Dolphins. Oh baby. Even though Treff and tlance are spot on about not using your love for a player to over pay when the value is not there Chris Johnson would have me at hello, if he where to go to Miami. Oh baby please!

But I will try and keep a cool head and refrain from naming Johnson the number 1 RB next year if he does go to Miami! Thanks for all the players you guys all named.

I myself agree that Marquise Goodwin is the fastest right now and Tavon the fastest with pads. I am very curious to see what you guys think Goodwin's and Austin's value are in a full keeper league and where you guys would rank them. Basically do you see those guys becoming ELITE?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin, better than average chance. .Goodwin?? Take a lot of work.. But not impossible.
Just a little water on the 1000 yd fire..62.5 yds. per game gets you 1000. Not exactly a huge deal.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny little side note..just Google fastest man in the NFL..Bleacherreport had a top 25 done last season.
of their top 25..Mike Wallace wasn't in it, Chris Johnson was #4, Calvin Johnson was #1 (I think his body size really disguises just how fast he is, he doesn't LOOK that fast).
And this one's for you Foot.
Of there top 25..6 were Raiders that year...obsession with speed..gets you a team built like the Raiders..hows that for a reality check? lol

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's Unofficial. Michael Bennett ran a 4.13.

Darrell Green a 4.15.

Ahman Green 4.17

Joey Galloway 4.18

Deion Sanders 4.21

I'd bet the farm Neon Deion still thinks he can run that. As for Bo, his 40 time wasn't nearly impressive as his 100 time.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of there top 25..6 were Raiders that year...obsession with speed..gets you a team built like the Raiders..hows that for a reality check? lol

I must admit that is very convincing and probably the best evidence available out there that I have seen Treff! Dooley noted

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Excellent, Treff.

I could also throw in the Bears' Jerry Angelo and Lovie Smith. Both were obsessed with speed. That's why we drafted Hester (as a DB) and Daniel Manning. And those are the ones that actually worked out. Too many others did not.