• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy Ideas

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are some good, unique & fun ideas for a fantasy baseball league to make it more realistic and/or fun? I'm already commissioner of a very detailed, dynasty league heading into it's 4th year. But I'm always looking to make it more and more fun. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What are some good, unique & fun ideas for a fantasy baseball league to make it more realistic and/or fun? I'm already commissioner of a very detailed, dynasty league heading into it's 4th year. But I'm always looking to make it more and more fun. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!

Honestly, I don't think fantasy baseball has yet found the best scoring to make it accurate... H2H I don't think will ever be accurate... it is just fun to face people...

I think you can put in minigames to make it more fun though... you can have an all-star game, a HR derby... you can do anything... Baseball is tough though since it is such a long season, you really either like it or you don't...

Mike A. S.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I don't think fantasy baseball has yet found the best scoring to make it accurate... H2H I don't think will ever be accurate... it is just fun to face people...

I think you can put in minigames to make it more fun though... you can have an all-star game, a HR derby... you can do anything... Baseball is tough though since it is such a long season, you really either like it or you don't...

I like the idea of doing minigames midseason. How would I do that though?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the idea of doing minigames midseason. How would I do that though?

I guess it would have to be manual... but you can do whatever you want... if you already have divisions, you can make the division leaders captains and have them set an all-star lineup from all the teams in that division...

You can do a HR derby, where you make 2 teams and have all owners select one hitter... there are many options...

I don't know if there is a way to do it on your site or not... Probably not... But these minigames are fun... whatever you decide to do...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main league we play two games each week.

Start on Saturday. Games start early, it kicks off the week. Friday comes, and there are rarely off days, so everyone is playing and it goes right down to the late games.

I prefer this over Monday-Sunday.

Milk, I remember you saying my points league was one of the most well arranged you've seen. I am confident points is more accurate as the Roto stats are just stats. (Standard roto that is)

The other problem with rotisserie is a handful of teams know they are out of it in June.

If say a 12 team league, maybe the bottom six get cut to their own league the rest of the way.... too many complications, imo.

H2H is where it's at.

Anything specific you were wondering about, OP?

What roster settings do you employ?

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My main league we play two games each week.

Start on Saturday. Games start early, it kicks off the week. Friday comes, and there are rarely off days, so everyone is playing and it goes right down to the late games.

I prefer this over Monday-Sunday.

Milk, I remember you saying my points league was one of the most well arranged you've seen. I am confident points is more accurate as the Roto stats are just stats. (Standard roto that is)

The other problem with rotisserie is a handful of teams know they are out of it in June.

If say a 12 team league, maybe the bottom six get cut to their own league the rest of the way.... too many complications, imo.

H2H is where it's at.

Anything specific you were wondering about, OP?

What roster settings do you employ?

Yes, one of, if not the best i have seen, but i still haven't seen one that i actually thought was perfect... if i remember i had a problem that yours doesn't penalize AB or PA so an out doesn't matter...

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, one of, if not the best i have seen, but i still haven't seen one that i actually thought was perfect... if i remember i had a problem that yours doesn't penalize AB or PA so an out doesn't matter...

Yup, definitely tweakable....

We're taking a look at pitcher points to maybe bring them down a little.