• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Fantasy college football

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so I set a tentative draft time for 8/30 @ 12 ET. This can be changed, I just had to set a time to progress to other settings. So far I have limited the selection to P5 teams. It is one draft, just like regular fantasy football. I get the concern with playing midmajors/FCS, but every team has their cupcakes, so it should all balance out. I have it set up for head to head right now, which I prefer, but overall points might make sense to balance out the cupcake games a little better. What do you guys think?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And feel free to start badgering guys you want to join, or think might want to join. We're a 12 person league, we can reduce it if needed, but that would suck...

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it would only be picking players whom would play a P5 vs P5 that weekend? or P5 vs whomever but could only pick from the P5 team?

I don't know if you can adjust scoring for P5 vs. P5, but if the opponent is FCS, you can reduce point totals by a preset percentage.

Personally I think its more fun when you have the non P-5 schools in. It broadens the pool and increases scoring, which for a Big 12 guy I am all about.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if you can adjust scoring for P5 vs. P5, but if the opponent is FCS, you can reduce point totals by a preset percentage.

Personally I think its more fun when you have the non P-5 schools in. It broadens the pool and increases scoring, which for a Big 12 guy I am all about.
It looks like adjusting the scoring based on the level of opponent is not an option. But again, I think it would balance out in the end, especially considering starters typically get pulled in those games keeping their stats readonable. Right now I have the player pool limited to P5 + Notre Dame. I think including mid majors would get sloppy, there's a lot of teams... but I'm open to suggestions. We can leave it to a majority rule kind of thing.

Other things to consider, right now I stuck with head to head scoring. I made some tweaks to how defensive points are calculated because there's more points scored in college games. So 0-10 pts given up =15pts, 11-21 = 10 pts, 21-33 =5, 0 for anything over 33. Also I set turnovers to = 2 pts. (The default was 1). everything else is pretty standard as far as scoring goes.

If we stick with head to head do you guys want a playoff the last couple weeks? Doing that seems weird to me with the way the college season kind of tapers off...

Again, this can all be changed. I'll wait for some more input before I finalize everything.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It looks like adjusting the scoring based on the level of opponent is not an option. But again, I think it would balance out in the end, especially considering starters typically get pulled in those games keeping their stats readonable. Right now I have the player pool limited to P5 + Notre Dame. I think including mid majors would get sloppy, there's a lot of teams... but I'm open to suggestions. We can leave it to a majority rule kind of thing.

Other things to consider, right now I stuck with head to head scoring. I made some tweaks to how defensive points are calculated because there's more points scored in college games. So 0-10 pts given up =15pts, 11-21 = 10 pts, 21-33 =5, 0 for anything over 33. Also I set turnovers to = 2 pts. (The default was 1). everything else is pretty standard as far as scoring goes.

If we stick with head to head do you guys want a playoff the last couple weeks? Doing that seems weird to me with the way the college season kind of tapers off...

Again, this can all be changed. I'll wait for some more input before I finalize everything.

Go to the scoring tab and click on preferences. You will see the message below:

% to penalize players whose opponents are "weak" (non-Division 1 FBS): help.png

My league had it set at a 50% penalty, but we changed it to no penalty last year. The thought is if your player is kicking the crap out of a FBS opponent he is going to sit half the game anyways. If its tight he probably isn't putting up that great of stats so he would be penalized more for a bad game.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to the scoring tab and click on preferences. You will see the message below:

% to penalize players whose opponents are "weak" (non-Division 1 FBS): View attachment 21693

My league had it set at a 50% penalty, but we changed it to no penalty last year. The thought is if your player is kicking the crap out of a FBS opponent he is going to sit half the game anyways. If its tight he probably isn't putting up that great of stats so he would be penalized more for a bad game.
Yeah, that's kind of what I was thinking. So you've done it both ways? How'd each work out?

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay guys, I'll PM you the league ID and password. Everyone else, let me know if you want to play, we have 6 of 12 spots, and we can make more if the demand is there. I changed the draft time to 8/30 at 7 pm ET (that's 4 pm PT for you Vernon Adams types). This is tentative and we can change it based on needs. Also, as I said, we can tweak the rules as I get input from everyone.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @Cowboyinexile, did you get banned or something? I can't start a private conversation with you. See if you can PM me and I'll give you the league info...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's because he only has 158 posts.
How many posts to you need to receive a PM?

And I know you said you'd prefer a team league, but you should get in on this anyway. :nod:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many posts to you need to receive a PM?

And I know you said you'd prefer a team league, but you should get in on this anyway. :nod:

I have no idea.

I did the individual player thing before, I would just be a field filler because I can't keep track of all those players.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, @Cowboyinexile, did you get banned or something? I can't start a private conversation with you. See if you can PM me and I'll give you the league info...

I guess I can't send pm's right now (obviously). I am kinda glad @4down20 said something because it was killing me last night trying to pm people about this.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I can't send pm's right now (obviously). I am kinda glad @4down20 said something because it was killing me last night trying to pm people about this.

We'll get it figured out. I suppose I can just post the info. in here, just don't want those crazy lurkers sneaking in on our awesomeness...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump. Come on, express interest, jerks...

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll go with whatever rules wise, we'll find p

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so I set a tentative draft time for 8/30 @ 12 ET. This can be changed, I just had to set a time to progress to other settings. So far I have limited the selection to P5 teams. It is one draft, just like regular fantasy football. I get the concern with playing midmajors/FCS, but every team has their cupcakes, so it should all balance out. I have it set up for head to head right now, which I prefer, but overall points might make sense to balance out the cupcake games a little better. What do you guys think?
@Huwaryu_in_exile its all about picking a bunch of college football teams :dhd: