• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

fantasy advice for 11/11

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Have to pick one running back:

Taiwan Jones, Daniel Thomas, Andre Brown

Reggie Bush is my other starter, Richardson is on bye, and McFadden got hurt.
So I'm choosing another one between these scrubs.

Going with Taiwan Jones, because he should be the primary ball carrier. Reece has a lot of hype but he is a fullback.

Pick one WR:

Marshall or Britt

Marshall is hot but goes up against tough D in Houston and they said they are going to double cover him, plus who else catches balls from Cutler? Britt is going up against MIAMI D which is one of the worst pass D's.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't sit Marshall regardless of matchup. Who else could britt replace?

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Julio Jones is my other WR. He's a lock vs Saints.
Marshall I'm on the fence. Houston could double Marshall and sack the shit out of Cutler and Marshall will have a crappy day. I think Houston will actually win that game. But part of me also agrees with you maybe Marshall is unbenchable.
Also Kenny Britt splits the catches with Washington and Wright.

What about the RBs? Anyone think Taiwan Jones will have a good weekend against Ravens?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I'd say start Marshall. I've been burned before trying to over-analyze matchups. Go with your stud players unless there's an injury or something.

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about the RBs? Anyone think Taiwan Jones will have a good weekend against Ravens?

That's a pretty nasty set of WRs you got there. Start Taiwan jones. Worst thing that could happen jones only gets 40 or 50 yards and Thomas steals a TD away from Bush. Bush and Thomas are both capable of having solid games but it sounds like Jones will get his touches and catch some passes out of the backfield.

Oakland Raiders' Taiwan Jones expected to get chance on Sunday - San Jose Mercury News

SRPnVA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got one. Who do I start as a 3rd WR? Desean Jackson, Crabtree, lance Moore, or Amendola? It's tough to judge how Moore will be used. He didn't play a lot of snaps last week and is being used as a PR. I'm weary of amendola and don't trust starting him his first game back. Phillys oline won't give Vick enough time to let d-jax make plays downfield. I really think Crabtree might have the best game out of the group. My other two recievers are Marshall and dez Bryant, I'm starting isaac redman @ flex. What do you guys think?

USCDoom

Death On Black Wings
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got one. Who do I start as a 3rd WR? Desean Jackson, Crabtree, lance Moore, or Amendola? It's tough to judge how Moore will be used. He didn't play a lot of snaps last week and is being used as a PR. I'm weary of amendola and don't trust starting him his first game back. Phillys oline won't give Vick enough time to let d-jax make plays downfield. I really think Crabtree might have the best game out of the group. My other two recievers are Marshall and dez Bryant, I'm starting isaac redman @ flex. What do you guys think?

Jackson. Eagles will be throwing a lot more than the other teams, and he has the ability to have a huge game. Though I might start Moore, especially if I have 2 other great WRs and just need some points.

When dealing with crap, always go with who has the most potential. Noting worse than starting a consistent guy who gets you 7 points and having a guy like jackson on the bench with 20+ points.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's a pretty nasty set of WRs you got there. Start Taiwan jones. Worst thing that could happen jones only gets 40 or 50 yards and Thomas steals a TD away from Bush. Bush and Thomas are both capable of having solid games but it sounds like Jones will get his touches and catch some passes out of the backfield.

Oakland Raiders' Taiwan Jones expected to get chance on Sunday - San Jose Mercury News

My team is great, except at QB and RB.

WRs: Marshall, Julio Jones, Britt
TE: Graham, Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: Chicago and Houston

QBs: Luck, Vick
RBs: Richardson, Bush, Thomas, Taiwan Jones

The worst part about it I was desperate at the beginning of the year for a QB and was afraid to run with Luck, so I traded away the Muscle Hamster Doug Martin for Michael Vick I would have been so stacked.

BIG MISTAKE in hindsight.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My team is great, except at QB and RB.

WRs: Marshall, Julio Jones, Britt
TE: Graham, Witten
K: Matt Bryant
D: Chicago and Houston

QBs: Luck, Vick
RBs: Richardson, Bush, Thomas, Taiwan Jones

The worst part about it I was desperate at the beginning of the year for a QB and was afraid to run with Luck, so I traded away the Muscle Hamster Doug Martin for Michael Vick I would have been so stacked.

BIG MISTAKE in hindsight.

Ohh...that hurts me. I woudn't have traded Warty's ham sandwich for Vick.

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ohh...that hurts me. I woudn't have traded Warty's ham sandwich for Vick.

Yeah for some reason I had some glimmer of hope he would regain his old form. His O-line is killing him.

Also this is a 12 team league so most teams only have 1 decent RB, maybe 2, so there's no trade partners. When I drafted I got 4 RBs: Richardson, Martin, Reggie Bush, and McFadden, and I thought I had the luxury of letting one go.

Smalls

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
That's a tough call at the RB position. I think you have to start Marshall, though.

I'm over analyzing my QB decision now. Aaron Rodgers with the bye leaves me with Carson Palmer against the Ravens, or Tannehill (waivers) who's projections look good against the terrible Titans pass D. The pure passing numbers say Palmer, but match up play would be Tannehill. Any thoughts?

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a tough call at the RB position. I think you have to start Marshall, though.

I'm over analyzing my QB decision now. Aaron Rodgers with the bye leaves me with Carson Palmer against the Ravens, or Tannehill (waivers) who's projections look good against the terrible Titans pass D. The pure passing numbers say Palmer, but match up play would be Tannehill. Any thoughts?

Palmer is always good for a few turnovers. Tannehill is a rookie so that could happen but I would go with him. He is capable of really big numbers.