• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heres one guy that doesnt re-sign with his current team, it sounds like.

Eric Weddle: 'I probably won't speak to (the Chargers) again

USATSI_weddle_1516.jpg
Eric Weddle's relationship is over with the Chargers. (USATSI)

For the first time in his nine-year NFL career, Eric Weddle will be playing safety for a team other than the Chargers. Weddle is scheduled to become a free agent this offseason. Though the team could technically still re-sign him, that won't be happening.

The ending to the Weddle-Chargers marriage hasn't been pretty and it reached a fitting conclusion Monday, when Weddle spoke about his departure.

"I probably won't speak to them again," Weddle said.

That's how strained the relationship has become. It started with a contract dispute, as the Chargers refused to give Weddle a new deal. But the relationship took an even uglier turn in recent weeks, when Weddle was fined $10,000 for watching his daughter perform at halftime.

Then, the team placed Weddle on injured reserve with a groin injury. But on Dec. 31, Weddle worked out at full speed during a Chargers' practice, seemingly trying to prove he didn't belong on IR. Weddle wasn't even allowed to travel with the team to Denver for the final game of the season because, as his agent put it, the airplane was too small. Now, Weddle is saying he'll never speak to the team that drafted him back in 2007.

Whichever team lands Weddle this offseason will be getting a proven playmaker with 19 career picks. Twice in his career, Weddle has earned First-Team All-Pro honors.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Monte Kiffen still on staff? Berry and Kif had a great relationship at Tennessee. I wouldn't think Berry would leave KC though

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Berry
Wilkerson
Prince Amukamara
Dewayne Allen
Doug Martin
Hayden CB Raiders
Maybe trade for Giovani Bernard. He would be dynamic here.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Berry would make me dance naked in the street
just not sure about Weddle, but I'm down with Berry should that become a real possibility
If we sign Berry we will all be watching the news to catch your performance. Throw in a little moonwalk I love that shit. :clap:

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt they let Berry walk. If they did, he'd be my number 1 target.

Still have my eyes on one the the Jet d-line.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the FA lists, I'm sure some of these guys might be retained by their current teams, but if they hit the market, the top guys I'd like to see the Cowboys look at(understanding they might get 1 of these guys)

Eric Berry S
Eric Weddle S
Malik Jackson DT
Bruce Irvin LB
Danny Trevathan LB
Janoris Jenkins CB
Doug Martin RB
Robert Griffin QB

Prince Amukamara if we aren't thinking CB early in the draft. Was hurt this year and sucked when he came back, but played very well last year IMO. I just don't think he leaves the Giants or falls within our cap structure. CBs get big $'s for a reason. Sometimes you get the guy you need and sometimes you get Carr.

Jenkins is a FA already?

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Berry would make me dance naked in the street
just not sure about Weddle, but I'm down with Berry should that become a real possibility
Berry is the obvious guy to make our team better. I think he would want crazy $'s though and is he healthy? Would he leave KC after such an emotional ordeal? Could you imagine Berry and Jones with Scandrick and a top 4 pick in the secondary? I don't think we would have seen so many 4th Qtr collapses with or without Romo if those were our DBs.

I like Weddle a lot too though. Guy can play. Would be a SS that can tackle and with ball skills.

tylerTX88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prince Amukamara if we aren't thinking CB early in the draft. Was hurt this year and sucked when he came back, but played very well last year IMO. I just don't think he leaves the Giants or falls within our cap structure. CBs get big $'s for a reason. Sometimes you get the guy you need and sometimes you get Carr.

Jenkins is a FA already?
I would pass on Prince. I see a lot of giants games here and he actually gets beat quite a bit. Inconsistent week to week.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pass on Prince. I see a lot of giants games here and he actually gets beat quite a bit. Inconsistent week to week.
He had a very bad year this year, but it was because of the injury IMO.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking at the FA lists, I'm sure some of these guys might be retained by their current teams, but if they hit the market, the top guys I'd like to see the Cowboys look at(understanding they might get 1 of these guys)

Eric Berry S
Eric Weddle S
Malik Jackson DT
Bruce Irvin LB
Danny Trevathan LB
Janoris Jenkins CB
Doug Martin RB
Robert Griffin QB

Eric Berry is definitely the headliner of that list. Don't think he leaves K.C. though. Eric Weddle and Danny Trevathan are two that I would love to see in Dallas. Weddle is definitely leaving S.D., and I don't know if the Broncos can afford Trevathan with everyone else they have to pay. I really hope Dallas lands one of these two.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year it seems like I'm wanting us to get the best CB in the draft. Of course they get drafted by other teams or us and you watch and see how they do. I was watching the Vikings the other night and 37 yr old Newman was playing every snap. I don't watch the Vikes much so I didn't know if their other CB was injured or what. Munnerlyn was their nickel back. Al Michaels then mentioned Trey Waynes on special teams waiting in the wings to play. It took Kirkpatrick forever to get to play in Cincy it seemed and I'm still not sure if he starts. Cincy also has Dennard, who is hurt, but rarely saw the field. All these guys mentioned, we all discussed as a possible first round pick. We see Mo and how he has played- up and down. Prince and Jenkins are the same as Mo , in my opinion or close as far as up and down play. We obviously need one to play right away. Many are talking about Peters and how he is the next Revis. Hopkins will likely torch him Saturday. He gives up a ton of completions.
I guess my point is it's not a given that a 1st round CB comes in and is a stud. The one I have never figured out is ROdgers- Cromartie from the Giants. I think he has been on 4 teams already. I think he is really good.

Ekspozed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every year it seems like I'm wanting us to get the best CB in the draft. Of course they get drafted by other teams or us and you watch and see how they do. I was watching the Vikings the other night and 37 yr old Newman was playing every snap. I don't watch the Vikes much so I didn't know if their other CB was injured or what. Munnerlyn was their nickel back. Al Michaels then mentioned Trey Waynes on special teams waiting in the wings to play. It took Kirkpatrick forever to get to play in Cincy it seemed and I'm still not sure if he starts. Cincy also has Dennard, who is hurt, but rarely saw the field. All these guys mentioned, we all discussed as a possible first round pick. We see Mo and how he has played- up and down. Prince and Jenkins are the same as Mo , in my opinion or close as far as up and down play. We obviously need one to play right away. Many are talking about Peters and how he is the next Revis. Hopkins will likely torch him Saturday. He gives up a ton of completions.
I guess my point is it's not a given that a 1st round CB comes in and is a stud. The one I have never figured out is ROdgers- Cromartie from the Giants. I think he has been on 4 teams already. I think he is really good.
Goes for every position not just CB.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I said name the top 5 Cbs though- I think Patrick Peterson, Sherman, Revis, Norman would show up on 90 percent of the lists. I didn't even know Norman before this season. Peterson was a top 5 or 6 pick. Revis was top 15. Norman and Sherman- I think we're both 5th rounders. How do they slip that far or is it the players around them or the scheme they are in. Did they actually improve after college and get faster or quicker? It has to be something more than just luck.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess me and Jarnett are the only 2 who like Prince?

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in on Prince. I just wonder the price. Not many known CBs out there in FA . This will likely drive up his price. It's kind of like what I was trying to say about the draft. We have the 4rth pick. If Hargraves or Ramsey isn't the next real good CB in the league then I think we pass. Obviously if we think Ramsey is the next Ed Reed then we take him.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if we sign any FA's i think we look at Janoris Jenkins and James Ihedigbo