• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

FA Wish List

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With FA set to get under way, let's have your reasonable list of guys YOU would be willing to bring in before the draft. Then your areas we should focus on in the upcoming draft. This should be interesting...

FA: (Not sure all would fit under the cap but a combination of players would)
WR: Jacoby Jones or Jerome Simpson
TE: Ed Dickson (release Paul or Paulsen)
T: Anthony Collins (release Montgomery)
G: Jon Asamoah (release Chester)
NT: Paul Soliai (release Bowen)
ILB: Joe Mays (resign Riley)

Draft: (Would prefer to trade down from #34 to pick up additional picks)
OL
WR
S
ILB
CB
DL

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DE- (cut Bowen) sign both Ziggy Hood and Tyson Jackson to 4 year/12 mil deals with 3 mil guaranteed...structure 2/3/3/4

G- (Cut Chester) sign Jon Asomoah to 4 year/16 mil deal with 4 mil guaranteed...structure 3/3/4/6

ILB- Perry Riley to a 5 year/25 mil contract with 10 mil guaranteed...structure 4/4/5/5/7
Vinny Rey to a 4 year/ 10 mil contract with 4 mil guaranteed...structure 2/2/3/3

OT- Anthony Collins to a 3 year/12 mil contract with 6 guaranteed...structure 4/4/4

FS/SS- Malcolm Jenkins to a 5 year 25 mil contract with 12 mil guaranteed...structure 4/4/5/5/7

WR- Andre Roberts to a 4 year/12 mil contract with 5 guaranteed...structure 2/3/3/4

WR- Kenny Britt to a 5 year/10 mil contract with play bonuses, first season guaranteed...structure 1/1/2/2/4

This is 24 mil added to the salary cap this season but we get cap space back for Chester and Bowen. Everything sets up well for us. It's good players we expect to be here for the duration of their contracts getting more money in guarantees while players we hope can live up to expectations past get contracts they may be able to live up to but less guaranteed and little pain if they are cut.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Byrd S BUF
L.Houston DE OAK

I see these three prospects as legit redskins prospects
Benjamen/A.Robinson
Cyril Richardson

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DE- (cut Bowen) sign both Ziggy Hood and Tyson Jackson to 4 year/12 mil deals with 3 mil guaranteed...structure 2/3/3/4

G- (Cut Chester) sign Jon Asomoah to 4 year/16 mil deal with 4 mil guaranteed...structure 3/3/4/6

ILB- Perry Riley to a 5 year/25 mil contract with 10 mil guaranteed...structure 4/4/5/5/7
Vinny Rey to a 4 year/ 10 mil contract with 4 mil guaranteed...structure 2/2/3/3

OT- Anthony Collins to a 3 year/12 mil contract with 6 guaranteed...structure 4/4/4

FS/SS- Malcolm Jenkins to a 5 year 25 mil contract with 12 mil guaranteed...structure 4/4/5/5/7

WR- Andre Roberts to a 4 year/12 mil contract with 5 guaranteed...structure 2/3/3/4

WR- Kenny Britt to a 5 year/10 mil contract with play bonuses, first season guaranteed...structure 1/1/2/2/4

This is 24 mil added to the salary cap this season but we get cap space back for Chester and Bowen. Everything sets up well for us. It's good players we expect to be here for the duration of their contracts getting more money in guarantees while players we hope can live up to expectations past get contracts they may be able to live up to but less guaranteed and little pain if they are cut.

Yes, yes and yes. This has been my ideal approach to this FA season...smart contracts for younger players. Your free agency plan addresses all issues and is resonable. I would much rather take this approach then the traditional sign 3 free agents to bloated contracts approach.

Forward your ideas to Allen for heavens sake. I pray we take a responsible and aggressive approach to right the ship.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a valid plan with reasonable contracts all though, Britt at 5 years, $10M? Hopefully voidable after year 2... Nice work GK!

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Avoid the players people fight for. That just raises their price.

Thread: FA Wish List....I feel like some of the comments are directed at my high profile FA targets
and we are insulted.

Some of the other replies look like a mock off-season instead of a wish list. That's fine but, where are the playmakers?
With no 1st round pick Byrd and Houston...or Byrd and another FA....won't break the bank.

Our 3rd round pick is high enough to land a starting guard, I'm almost sure C.Richardson will still be there.
Asomoah seems like a great target but was inexplicably benched by the Chiefs...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a valid plan with reasonable contracts all though, Britt at 5 years, $10M? Hopefully voidable after year 2... Nice work GK!

For Britt, only the first year would be guaranteed and that's all the guaranteed money he would get.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thread: FA Wish List....I feel like some of the comments are directed at my high profile FA targets
and we are insulted.

Some of the other replies look like a mock off-season instead of a wish list. That's fine but, where are the playmakers?
With no 1st round pick Byrd and Houston...or Byrd and another FA....won't break the bank.

Our 3rd round pick is high enough to land a starting guard, I'm almost sure C.Richardson will still be there.
Asomoah seems like a great target but was inexplicably benched by the Chiefs...

Asomoah's benching is why I think we can get him reasonably cheap.

I'd pass on Byrd and Houston because of price. Ask yourself why the Raiders aren't resigning him or tagging him if he was that good. Byrd wants to be the highest paid safety in the league...he may deserve it...but let somebody else pay the price.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking the following:

Andre Roberts = WR
Michael Oher = RT
Arthur Moats = ILB
Vinny Rey = ILB
Malcolm Jenkins = FS
Linval Joseph = NT
Jon Asomoah = Guard

Make the appropriate cuts to make it happen. Focus on CB, SS, DL and OL in the draft.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking the following:

Andre Roberts = WR
Michael Oher = RT
Arthur Moats = ILB
Vinny Rey = ILB
Malcolm Jenkins = FS
Linval Joseph = NT
Jon Asomoah = Guard

Make the appropriate cuts to make it happen. Focus on CB, SS, DL and OL in the draft.

Roberts 2-3 mil
Oher 7-10 mil
Moats? No idea what you plan on doing with him. Backup ILB?
Rey- 2-3 mil
Jenkins4-6 mil
Joseph 7-10 mil
Asomoah 4-6 mil

That's a lot of money for guys like Moats (OLB you are hoping to play ILB), Joseph (4-3 DT you are hoping can play DE/NT)

What are your purposes in the draft? What are you looking for in regards to starters because you hope you get one starter (our 34) in this draft?

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Im ok with this but i dont think Collins will sign for 3/12 at all and theres no way kenny britt takes that deal either.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im ok with this but i dont think Collins will sign for 3/12 at all and theres no way kenny britt takes that deal either.

Perhaps not after some of the insanity I have seen in contracts. Collins has never been a full time starter and is a good swing tackle. 4mil/season is good for a 3rd stringer/borderline starter.

As for Britt, I expect him to sign a one year deal somewhere for around 1 million. He really won't get much in terms of guarantees and his contract will be low in value.

TCB

Run like the wind!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust many of you guys more that I trust me as far as free agent talents that are out there. I hope we don't make any big splashes on any one guy. I want to see us get fully out of the death spiral that has been this team's mo since Snyder has been here. Solid signings with team oriented guys.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I trust many of you guys more that I trust me as far as free agent talents that are out there. I hope we don't make any big splashes on any one guy. I want to see us get fully out of the death spiral that has been this team's mo since Snyder has been here. Solid signings with team oriented guys.

Not to sound like a broken record, but that is what the Chiefs did and they literally turned their team around in 1 offseason. I am not saying we are the Chiefs, but it worked for them. The Eagles somewhat did this last offseason and they won the division. This type of approach is more effective than our old approach of making big splashes.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to sound like a broken record, but that is what the Chiefs did and they literally turned their team around in 1 offseason. I am not saying we are the Chiefs, but it worked for them. The Eagles somewhat did this last offseason and they won the division. This type of approach is more effective than our old approach of making big splashes.

The Chiefs had 7 pro-bowlers on their team...that's why they turned it around. Alex Smith was a good enough game manager to not screw it up.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Chiefs had 7 pro-bowlers on their team...that's why they turned it around. Alex Smith was a good enough game manager to not screw it up.

Those Pro-Bowlers (minus Smith) were drafted under the Pioli regime and they were already there prior to Reed taking over. I live in KC and listen to Chiefs Sports radio a good bit. While we don't have as solid a foundation as the Chiefs did, we still have 4 Pro-Bowlers and we should take the same approach they did.

Gkekoa, you have to understand that a lot of posters here still think we are a good team and that we just need to gun for 3 high priced FAs to fix the problem. That is the last thing we should do and that was my point. Again, I understand we aren't the Chiefs and we don't have the base they did, that being said, we should at least take that road instead of the the typical Skins philosphy in making big splashes and being in cap hell.