• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

F U A J

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another punch to the gut.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta put a lot more of the blame on Sabean for that one.

That said, how many championship rings does Liriano have?

Oh! Snap! Yeah. My dad told me about Liri's No-No last night, and I said, "He'll be out for the season by July. What's Boof Bonser doing?"

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh! Snap! Yeah. My dad told me about Liri's No-No last night, and I said, "He'll be out for the season by July. What's Boof Bonser doing?"

I always thought that Bonser would be the key to that trade. We traded an up and down middle reliever (Nathan) and a minor league pitcher who could never stay healthy (Liriano) and a promising young arm (Bonser) for an all-star catcher.

Nobody could have seen Nathan becoming an all-star closer. Liriano has been hurt for much of his career, and Bonser? Classic AAAA pitcher.

Shows how much I know. I was excited about the AJ deal at the time.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought that Bonser would be the key to that trade. We traded an up and down middle reliever (Nathan) and a minor league pitcher who could never stay healthy (Liriano) and a promising young arm (Bonser) for an all-star catcher.

Nobody could have seen Nathan becoming an all-star closer. Liriano has been hurt for much of his career, and Bonser? Classic AAAA pitcher.

Shows how much I know. I was excited about the AJ deal at the time.

I didn't know enough about our farm system at the time to have an opinion either way, but it only took one game with AJ in a Giants' uniform for me to see what a major slow, lazy douchebag he is.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't know enough about our farm system at the time to have an opinion either way, but it only took one game with AJ in a Giants' uniform for me to see what a major slow, lazy douchebag he is.

He was and oddly, was again in Chicago, an elite catcher. Dude can flat rake. Unfortunately, he turned out to be a tool and had his worst year of his career in SF.

Fuck that guy.

Heathbar012

Senioritis Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was and oddly, was again in Chicago, an elite catcher. Dude can flat rake. Unfortunately, he turned out to be a tool and had his worst year of his career in SF.

Fuck that guy.

... Raptor Jesus for the AJ Douchebag Pronouncement?

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fuck that guy.

He's a tool but his teamates loved him in Minny and do so now in Chicago. SF was just a bad fit for some reason.

He calls a very good game too. Can't rake at all anymore though. Getting quite old esp for a catcher.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not blame the Sabean-regime for the AJ deal either.

AJ was one of the top catchers in the game at the time. No way (ok, maybe not "NO WAY"...) we could have know what a complete bloody-gash he was to become.

Nathan was an inconsistent, slightly above-average reliever who, IIRC, was becoming unhappy in SF.

Liriano was a HUGE talent, no doubt. But he was made of thin glass. He has become just about exactly what he was expected to become; a top flight talent who spends as much time on the DL as he does on the field.

Bonser was a decent prospect.

AJ is 100% to blame for that deal.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not blame the Sabean-regime for the AJ deal either.

AJ was one of the top catchers in the game at the time. No way (ok, maybe not "NO WAY"...) we could have know what a complete bloody-gash he was to become.

Nathan was an inconsistent, slightly above-average reliever who, IIRC, was becoming unhappy in SF.

Liriano was a HUGE talent, no doubt. But he was made of thin glass. He has become just about exactly what he was expected to become; a top flight talent who spends as much time on the DL as he does on the field.

Bonser was a decent prospect.

AJ is 100% to blame for that deal.

+1; that's exactly the way I saw the deal too. I went to school in Minny so I know a lot of Twinkie fans (aside: I clerked for the judge who wrote the injunction preventing MLB from contracting the Twins). They tell me that AJ wasn't really liked but he was tolerated b/c he was so good. I think he's genuinely liked in the ChiSox clubhouse though.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1; that's exactly the way I saw the deal too. I went to school in Minny so I know a lot of Twinkie fans (aside: I clerked for the judge who wrote the injunction preventing MLB from contracting the Twins). They tell me that AJ wasn't really liked but he was tolerated b/c he was so good. I think he's genuinely liked in the ChiSox clubhouse though.[/QUOTE]

Big part of their championship, of course they love him there.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
+1; that's exactly the way I saw the deal too. I went to school in Minny so I know a lot of Twinkie fans (aside: I clerked for the judge who wrote the injunction preventing MLB from contracting the Twins). They tell me that AJ wasn't really liked but he was tolerated b/c he was so good. I think he's genuinely liked in the ChiSox clubhouse though.

I believe that. As MSG (of course, WTF does HE know about the Sox?) said, the ring will make anyone likeable. But they have a VERY unique clubhouse, much the Giants, and he does seem a natural fit there...

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brett Tomko endorses this thread.