• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Exposed!

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland
Denver
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Detroit
Philadelphia

All were/are ist place teams. Only 2 division winners won:
Both were ranked 1st and 2nd in the power rankings. Think they got it right?????

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleveland
Denver
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Detroit
Philadelphia

All were/are ist place teams. Only 2 division winners won:
Both were ranked 1st and 2nd in the power rankings. Think they got it right?????

Exposed?

The Saints have been exposed since week 1.
Cleveland is inconsistent..I don't think that's new.
Detroit at Arizona who has a very good defense, I didn't take as being exposed..defensive battle.
I agree on Indy since they have been exposed twice in 4 weeks by the run and pass now.
Philadelphia..with Sanchez, is that a surprise? Looking forward to Buttfumble II on Thanksgiving.
Denver was the most shocking.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exposed?

The Saints have been exposed since week 1.
Cleveland is inconsistent..I don't think that's new.
Detroit at Arizona who has a very good defense, I didn't take as being exposed..defensive battle.
I agree on Indy since they have been exposed twice in 4 weeks by the run and pass now.
Philadelphia..with Sanchez, is that a surprise? Looking forward to Buttfumble II on Thanksgiving.
Denver was the most shocking.

Six (6) division leaders lost. Noteable.....

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Six (6) division leaders lost. Noteable.....

But two of them lost to other division leaders. When two division leaders play, one of them has to lose. And two others ended up losing to teams that have now moved into division leads with the wins.

The only real head scratcher of the day was Denver losing to the Rams. The Rams now have wins over both participants from the last Super Bowl. There's your real head scratcher.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Seahawks? Not a 1st place team but totally exposed.
:doobs:

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles were certainly exposed if anyone actually thought they were a Super Bowl contender. I have been saying all along they look more like a wildcard/NFC East champ type of team and that still holds true.

I worry the dropoff from Nick Foles to Mark Sanchez may be greater than some of our fans realize however. Foles is not very athletic and he can be painful to watch at times, but he generally makes good decisions and has shown courage in close games. Sanchez...he has a flair for the horrible decision and I am not sure he has the mental toughness of a Foles.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles were certainly exposed if anyone actually thought they were a Super Bowl contender. I have been saying all along they look more like a wildcard/NFC East champ type of team and that still holds true.

I worry the dropoff from Nick Foles to Mark Sanchez may be greater than some of our fans realize however. Foles is not very athletic and he can be painful to watch at times, but he generally makes good decisions and has shown courage in close games. Sanchez...he has a flair for the horrible decision and I am not sure he has the mental toughness of a Foles.

I think with the Eagles, even with Foles, it's the defense/special teams that make them go. When they don't turn the ball over defensively at a high rate, or get high pressure on the QB, they are really bad. I know you can say that about any defense, really, but they live and die off turnovers more so than most other defenses.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the defense certainly got exposed. It's not very good and a good pass offense will torch them. But we kind of knew that.

The difference yesterday was that the offense started slow, the special teams gave up a score--it has usually been helping Philly carve out leads--and then things snowballed out of control early.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing with Mark Sanchez on the road at Green Bay is not being exposed

The beatdown was bad

But, there was not a single Philly fan who though that game was going to be anything than a loss

The PACKERS are the best team in the league right now.

I am not sure any team would have won that game....yet alone with a backup quarterback.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But two of them lost to other division leaders. When two division leaders play, one of them has to lose. And two others ended up losing to teams that have now moved into division leads with the wins.

The only real head scratcher of the day was Denver losing to the Rams. The Rams now have wins over both participants from the last Super Bowl. There's your real head scratcher.

Plus a win at SF, all three of which have occurred in their past five games.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought that I heard yesterday that they beat the Niners too?

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not impressed with the Colts or Seahawks yesterday. Big concerns there as neither looks like a playoff team right now.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think with the Eagles, even with Foles, it's the defense/special teams that make them go. When they don't turn the ball over defensively at a high rate, or get high pressure on the QB, they are really bad. I know you can say that about any defense, really, but they live and die off turnovers more so than most other defenses.

Except that they have not had that many this year in most games, and overall the Eagles have (even before last night) a serious negative turnover differential (worst in the NFC!). IIRC they have a below average number of fumble recoveries this year (i.e. fumbles do not bounce their way, of which last night was a perfect example), and until the game against Carolina, the CB's did not have an interception either. What the Eagles D/ST HAS been good at this year is making the most of returning opportunities this year of the relatively few turnovers they have had).

The thing where you are correct in, IMHO is that the defense is reliant on getting pressure (but so is every other defense) in order to mask for their defensive backfield. Although - stunningly enough - more and more that pressure on the QB also seemed to come as a result of coverage.

The Achilles-heel of the defense has been giving up the big play (for instance Arizona, 250 yards all game, and 2 big plays).

The defense/ST has been keeping the Eagles in games this year, you are also correct about that.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ahum, the problem this year has been that Foles has NOT been making the good decisions, both on MANY of his INTs (which were as bad as Sanchez' first one last night), as well as NOT pulling the trigger (and holding on too long), let alone his mechanics and stepping out of the pocket straight into pressure. The only game this season where Foles was better than what Sanchez did last night is the game against Washington. For the rest of them he was as bad if not worse.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Plus a win at SF, all three of which have occurred in their past five games.

Yeah, the Rams have some talent, especially on defense. Their biggest problem is inconsistency at quarterback. But I think they've proven this year that they're capable of beating anyone. They just can't put it together week in and week out.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the Rams have some talent, especially on defense. Their biggest problem is inconsistency at quarterback. But I think they've proven this year that they're capable of beating anyone. They just can't put it together week in and week out.

They aren't always consistent in a game. Dallas spotted them 21 points and they lost.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't always consistent in a game. Dallas spotted them 21 points and they lost.

True. And they were up big in the first half against the 49ers and lost, too.