• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Exciting times

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta love the noise coming from Oxford about the Dbs so far. Mo, Carr, Scandrick, White, and especially Patmon turning up the heat supposedly. Haven't heard much from the Rookie yet. Love this time of year . Also love Chip dealing his players.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patmon isn't going to back down. This is a strong set of CBs counting Jones. Patmon got some experience last year. I look for him to push whoever is in front of him.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team leader some of you say? Or great player with a passion he still hasn't matured enough to control?Or player that has no control at all over his emotions or his actions?

Not sure at this point which of the above categories he fits best in. Passion is great, but things like what happened here and in the playoffs and when he left the field before the game ended should only happen once. They just happen a little too often with Dez...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He supposedly talks trash the entire practice. He got into it last year with somebody as well. Wit talks trash too but he doesn't take it this far. It always seems to end in a hug it out and according to Dez it's all competition. One day it may not end that well for him. For some reason he doesn't bark much at Carr. Maybe he knows how far to go with certain ones. Needless to say, throwing punches is a little ridiculous. I can understand the Oline and Dline on a hot day scuffing it up some. I think Dez is more for the show. Supposedly the crowd booed him for it ???! It does make me wonder what happens in a few yrs when 9 and 82 aren't around to control him

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody fights in camp. I'd be angry if they weren't fighting. This shouldn't be news.

Bmurph

F the Houston Astros
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't look like either landed one of those haymakers. Both swinging wildly though. Looks like Ronda Rousey might have taken them both. Teehee! Glad to see a little fire from them both, now save the rest for Philly, NYG, and the Skins.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everybody fights in camp. I'd be angry if they weren't fighting. This shouldn't be news.

No, everybody does not fight in camp. My Point wasn't about one fight being a horrible thing it was more that Dez often seems to be the one being discussed when the defense is "everybody does it".

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I watched it after I posted and it was extreme. I didn't Like the way Mo just let Dez walk right by him on the side line. Maybe I'm nitpicking there but Dez didn't back off until Carr jumped in. Dez is a bad man. He let that be known when he told Roy to carry his own damn pads. I'm not saying I agree with it and one day someone will put him in his place. I think the competitive thing does ring true somewhat with Dez however. Yes he wants to be the show/alpha dog and he wants people to know it. This man just signed a huge contract. He doesn't look one bit like he is gonna change anything- which is good in some ways. Sure some things he does is stupid but I can live it as long as he produces. There have been ones in the past sign the big deal and go into slow down mode. It looks like Dez may turn it up even higher hopefully. I mean it was a running play in the second practice I assume. I doubt Megatron or Thomas are even blocking- who knows though. I do agree he has to get smarter about his emotions. He gets tossed if that same thing happens in a game. I love JG , but this Dez thing is the one thing that hasn't changed. It's time to do something.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is another thing that bothered me about it. Things happen on the field in the heat of the moment and are forgotten. A little poushig and shoving and even a punch or two aren't bad. But, Dez then continues it on the sideline afterwards. That is much more of a problem than the initial altercation which you can say was no big deal and happens often. It is also indicative of someone that cannot control themselves and Dez has proven he can't. Team leaders don't go after guys on the sideline. So again, I'm not saying it's a huge deal, but just that it happens a little too often with Dez

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much ado about nothing...

Is Dez perfect? No. Is he a little too emotional at times? Yes. Does it matter? Doesn't seem to. His teammates like the guy a lot, and so do his coaches. The "negative" things he has done to this point in his career, outside of the incident with his mother (which I don't give him a pass for, but I will also admit I know nothing of the dynamic between he and his mother), have been very benign. If Dez wasn't a Cowboy, would we talk this much about these very minor transgressions? Probably not.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much ado about nothing...

Is Dez perfect? No. Is he a little too emotional at times? Yes. Does it matter? Doesn't seem to. His teammates like the guy a lot, and so do his coaches. The "negative" things he has done to this point in his career, outside of the incident with his mother (which I don't give him a pass for, but I will also admit I know nothing of the dynamic between he and his mother), have been very benign. If Dez wasn't a Cowboy, would we talk this much about these very minor transgressions? Probably not.
Like? Sure
Respect his abilities? Without question!
BUT I also think if you asked the coaches and personal people privately, they'd tell of all kinda concerns of loose cannon with no stop button. Yesterday is a perfect example. Enough with the side show...chill the fuck out!

I'm no Dez hater but I know he has to get his act under control. The world saw the Detroit playoff game...he's a target for both opponents and officials this year and a smart man would learn from the experience.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that patmon is not afraid of one of the best receivers in football. Patmon is a playmaker. Players nowadays have to have not only physical tools as well as the mentality to excell. Patmon has those things and I hope to see him on the field more than last season.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like? Sure
Respect his abilities? Without question!
BUT I also think if you asked the coaches and personal people privately, they'd tell of all kinda concerns of loose cannon with no stop button. Yesterday is a perfect example. Enough with the side show...chill the fuck out!

I'm no Dez hater but I know he has to get his act under control. The world saw the Detroit playoff game...he's a target for both opponents and officials this year and a smart man would learn from the experience.

Sure, he has his warts - I won't deny that. And yea, I would like to see him reel in his temper at times, but for the production he provides and the work he puts in, I'll live with it. Nothing he has done to this point has been too terrible. Gotta take the good with the bad -- T.O. level production and only 1/4 the headache.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, he has his warts - I won't deny that. And yea, I would like to see him reel in his temper at times, but for the production he provides and the work he puts in, I'll live with it. Nothing he has done to this point has been too terrible. Gotta take the good with the bad -- T.O. level production and only 1/4 the headache.
I understand warts and baggage that goes with certain players. As a longtime Dallas fan, it started with Duane Thomas in the very early 70's. I don't think Owens is the right comparison, nor Irvin. Dez is his own type of special. I know we can all see his production and everyone involved talks about how hard he works. Frankly, that's not enough to get a pass should his stupidity cost us a football game like it darn near did against Detroit.

Bet your ass...the on the field head games will intensify times 10 this year for Dez. The NFL Network showed that video 10 times yesterday and the league all saw it and took note along with that Detroit game. Lose cannon needs to get under control. My fear is making more money intensifies the outta control and I bet privately coaches would nod their heads at the statement

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand warts and baggage that goes with certain players. As a longtime Dallas fan, it started with Duane Thomas in the very early 70's. I don't think Owens is the right comparison, nor Irvin. Dez is his own type of special. I know we can all see his production and everyone involved talks about how hard he works. Frankly, that's not enough to get a pass should his stupidity cost us a football game like it darn near did against Detroit.

Bet your ass...the on the field head games will intensify times 10 this year for Dez. The NFL Network showed that video 10 times yesterday and the league all saw it and took note along with that Detroit game. Lose cannon needs to get under control. My fear is making more money intensifies the outta control and I bet privately coaches would nod their heads at the statement

I have confidence that Dez will continue to mature. He has displayed a willingness to learn, and doesn't shy away from criticism when he has earned it. I know Dez has a long way to go in the maturity department, but he wants to be better, and makes an effort to be better -- that's all I can ask for.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have confidence that Dez will continue to mature. He has displayed a willingness to learn, and doesn't shy away from criticism when he has earned it. I know Dez has a long way to go in the maturity department, but he wants to be better, and makes an effort to be better -- that's all I can ask for.

Sounds like a nice story, but I'm not sure it's accurate. He is a grown man that wants to be treated like a grown man, so he needs to act like one. Just because he is a top talent and his talent means we keep him with or without his problems doesn't mean we accept them as is and ignore them. He not only needs to "want to be better" he needs to be better...

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a nice story, but I'm not sure it's accurate. He is a grown man that wants to be treated like a grown man, so he needs to act like one. Just because he is a top talent and his talent means we keep him with or without his problems doesn't mean we accept them as is and ignore them. He not only needs to "want to be better" he needs to be better...

Who said anything about accepting his problems as is? Dez has his problems no doubt, but this is the same grown man who accepted having a baby sister hoisted upon him by his employer. Remember the Dez rules? I'm not making excuses for Dez, but you seem to discount the strides he has made to get this thing right. He still has work to do, but when you consider his background and upbringing it's not surprising he is a mentally young 26.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree...:suds: