• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Exciting times

Eastbay

We Dem Boyz!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dez bring Fire & Passionate to practice & the games. JJ, JG, & his teammates love it & as a fan I do too!! :yes: :thumb:

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who said anything about accepting his problems as is? Dez has his problems no doubt, but this is the same grown man who accepted having a baby sister hoisted upon him by his employer. Remember the Dez rules? I'm not making excuses for Dez, but you seem to discount the strides he has made to get this thing right. He still has work to do, but when you consider his background and upbringing it's not surprising he is a mentally young 26.

You said "much ado about nothing" and "I'll live with it". That is why i said that. Didn't seem I was off base, but i can't speak for what you meant...

Has he really made enough strides? How many times were the cops called to his place? And that was WITH THE DEZ RULES! He doesn't get a pass for it based on his upbringing. That's just making an excuse. A lot of guys had tough upbringings.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much ado about nothing...

Is Dez perfect? No. Is he a little too emotional at times? Yes. Does it matter? Doesn't seem to. His teammates like the guy a lot, and so do his coaches. The "negative" things he has done to this point in his career, outside of the incident with his mother (which I don't give him a pass for, but I will also admit I know nothing of the dynamic between he and his mother), have been very benign. If Dez wasn't a Cowboy, would we talk this much about these very minor transgressions? Probably not.

If Dez wasn't a Cowboy, Cowboy fans would be calling him out too.

I guarantee jarntt would consideringhe calling him out already.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said "much ado about nothing" and "I'll live with it". That is why i said that. Didn't seem I was off base, but i can't speak for what you meant...

Has he really made enough strides? How many times were the cops called to his place? And that was WITH THE DEZ RULES! He doesn't get a pass for it based on his upbringing. That's just making an excuse. A lot of guys had tough upbringings.

How often are the cops called on the account of Dez? Or is it his hangers on that are the problem? Honest question, because I don't know. I'm not saying he deserves a pass for anything, but I can understand if he makes poor choices here and there. Does he need to be better? Yes. But I can also acknowledge that he has made an effort to correct issues in his life.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dez wasn't a Cowboy, Cowboy fans would be calling him out too.

I guarantee jarntt would consideringhe calling him out already.

If Dez wasn't a Cowboy would that little scuffle make the news? I would be willing to bet there were probably at least a dozen scraps over the past week that haven't been reported at all.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How often are the cops called on the account of Dez? Or is it his hangers on that are the problem? Honest question, because I don't know. I'm not saying he deserves a pass for anything, but I can understand if he makes poor choices here and there. Does he need to be better? Yes. But I can also acknowledge that he has made an effort to correct issues in his life.

I honestly don't know either, but at some point if my friends keep getting the cops called to my house and I am an NFL Superstar it's still my fault for allowing them over...

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, everybody does not fight in camp. My Point wasn't about one fight being a horrible thing it was more that Dez often seems to be the one being discussed when the defense is "everybody does it".
Fights do happen all the time in camp. My point is that it shouldn't be big time news. It's only big news because Dez Bryant is a headcase with a bad temper that plays for a popular team. I'm not defending Dez at all. I already know what he is.

Earl Stevens

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Dez wasn't a Cowboy would that little scuffle make the news? I would be willing to bet there were probably at least a dozen scraps over the past week that haven't been reported at all.
It would make the news, but it wouldn't be played 100 times.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly don't know either, but at some point if my friends keep getting the cops called to my house and I am an NFL Superstar it's still my fault for allowing them over...

I think it is more than Dez allowing his friends over, they live there from what I understand. Can't fault him for wanting to take care of his frineds/family.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not sure, but I'm guessing only one of those players went back at his teammate and threw a punch on the sideline after it was over. That is the biggest difference IMO.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is more than Dez allowing his friends over, they live there from what I understand. Can't fault him for wanting to take care of his frineds/family.

Sure you can. If he is taking care of them they need to follow the rules of normal human beings. He can afford a small apartment in a not so nice area away from his house if they can't respect him enough to not require teh cops to be needed...There is a big difference between having family squabbles or problems at your house and having the cops there a bunch of times...not once or twice, a bunch of times.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure, but I'm guessing only one of those players went back at his teammate and threw a punch on the sideline after it was over. That is the biggest difference IMO.

Can't say for sure. One minor thing to note is that it was Patmon who threw the first punch, after Dez ripped off his helmet. According to the report I read the whole incident was because Patmon was getting very aggressive with hands to the face and Dez warned him not to do it again, and Patmon did it again - so Dez went after Patmon's face mask and pulled his helmet off, and that's when Patmon threw the first punch.

The punch on the sideline after it was done is the most concerning thing about all this, the stuff before that is very typical of a summer practice.

Last edited:

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure you can. If he is taking care of them they need to follow the rules of normal human beings. He can afford a small apartment in a not so nice area away from his house if they can't respect him enough to not require teh cops to be needed...There is a big difference between having family squabbles or problems at your house and having the cops there a bunch of times...not once or twice, a bunch of times.

This aspect of it is where I see his upbringing playing a factor. I don't want to speculate too much, but if what we have all heard in the news about Dez's upbringing is true, then perhaps this type of behavior, having to deal with cops all the time is normal to him.

And in regards to him just paying for some other place for his friends to stay, who's to say that wasn't on his mind when negotiating this most recent deal?

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the level of player he is and the way he carried on yes it would on most teams.
I don't mind the fight, because it shows they care about how they are performing.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team leader some of you say? Or great player with a passion he still hasn't matured enough to control?Or player that has no control at all over his emotions or his actions?

Not sure at this point which of the above categories he fits best in. Passion is great, but things like what happened here and in the playoffs and when he left the field before the game ended should only happen once. They just happen a little too often with Dez...

Lighten up Francis. Jezz lol Some of you guys make a big deal about nothing.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lighten up Francis. Jezz lol Some of you guys make a big deal about nothing.
You always bring the Pom Poms to every topic, so I wouldn't expect you to see things any other way...

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just hope it never happens in a game. That's an ejection and probably a suspension with his past. You better believe posing DBs will try to get in his head. I'm sure he has dealt with it in the past

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opposing it should say