• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ever Attended a Major?

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. I'd love to play a course that Jones played. I think Bradley won his PGA there as well.

I hope to play both at some point...My golf buddy's wife (doctor) is friends with a member @ Eastlake and AAC and they have extended both of us an invite. Yep Keegan did win there, long, long track.

Last edited by a moderator:

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes sir. A gorgeous layout indeed.

I was fortunate enough to get to play it 2 years ago with some buddies from work. Shooting 71 after 14 and had a great chance to break 90 and for me to do that on a course of that magnitude would have been a pretty good accomplishment. Alas, the wheels fell off and carded 22 on the last 4 holes for a 93. :gaah::gaah:

Was the first and only time in my life that I had a caddy and must say it was a pretty cool experience.

Cool...playing a USO venue...I had a caddie only once...walked it...lot of fun, saved my ass on the greens.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
never been to a major but I'm going to hit a couple before it's over for me. I've always wanted to go to Augusta and I'm at that point in life where I can start doing this kinda stuff. Seeing the US Open would be nice also but Augusta is #1 and that's where I'm going sometime in the next 2 yrs.

uncfan103

Not Banned
Hoopla Cash
$ 47,333.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been to the US Open in 1999, 2005, and 2014 (all in Pinehurst) and the Women's Open's in 2001, 2007, and 2014 (also all in Pinehurst).

Got to watch Kaymer play 18 on Sunday from on the course and it was surreal walking down to the green and looking up at the grandstands and the crowd

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
'15 is Chambers Bay.

Okay...maybe Erin Hills is '16.

Boy...Seattle just seems so damn far away! Practically in Alaska!

I do want to visit the Emerald City one day, and I was already familiar with Chambers Bay from a friend that lives out there...a former mine or something right?

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,493.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
went to this years masters

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to get that done.

Next year would not be a bad time to go. With Rory going for his missing major the place will be jumping.

You do! Career slam for Rory would be great...just to see the place once is worth the trip alone. Been twice, and as you've probably heard before...words are difficult to describe it.

I may never get to a British...the USO would complete the stateside majors for me.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay...maybe Erin Hills is '16.

Boy...Seattle just seems so damn far away! Practically in Alaska!

I do want to visit the Emerald City one day, and I was already familiar with Chambers Bay from a friend that lives out there...a former mine or something right?

I'm not sure. It's down by T-town and I've never played it. I'm going to get a round in before the open though. Heard it's beautiful. Seattle's a better place to live than visit I think. There's some stuff to do downtown and there's certainly sights to see but the real fun is skiing/hiking/boating and the other stuff you can do to fill your weekend. I play golf year round but the winters suck because any time it's clear there's frost delays.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure. It's down by T-town and I've never played it. I'm going to get a round in before the open though. Heard it's beautiful. Seattle's a better place to live than visit I think. There's some stuff to do downtown and there's certainly sights to see but the real fun is skiing/hiking/boating and the other stuff you can do to fill your weekend. I play golf year round but the winters suck because any time it's clear there's frost delays.

I don't think my friend has played it either, but he told me the USGA has already been there for an amateur event...Visit/live...Denver is a lot like that, you can literally, ski, golf and swim all on the same day if you wanted to out there...actually ATL is also...for a tourist we have stuff to see but if you can handle the humidity in the summer, this is ideal climate for outdoor activities...kind of a true 4 seasons here, but winter is pretty short...no real serious mountain peaks to speak of here for skiing but the GA mountains are a really nice escape from the heat/humidity in summer.

Golf season is March thru Dec...Winter golf here is hit or miss (January/Feb) you may get a good 20 decent golf days between those 2 mos.

But...we don't have ANY public access courses in this part of GA worthy of hosting a major.