• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Evaluating the Lake Show 10 games In.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are at the 10 game mark and we have enough of a slice of the season to evalute some players and see whats going on.

Jordan Clarkson

I cant rave enough on what Jordan does off the ball. Constantly moving, always ready to shoot, pass first best decision type player. Plays great defense and chases balls down for rebounds. Hes our best all around player and the glue that holds this team together. All that energy he wasted and made him look inferior to what he really is last year is no longer true. Vastly under rated in just about every respect. A real type of player that if you traded him for Klay Thompson you would get the same production. He is rewarded for his hustle and energy in this team oriented system, which leads me to...

Larry Nance

Another guy who has excelled in this system. The perfect plug in guy off the bench. Hustle, hustle hustle on defense and getting back. When the fast break is on either way you can expect to see two guys running the court, Larry Nance and Jordan Clarkson.

Deangelo Russel

Deangelo looked like nerves got the best of him rookie season. And coming into this year he was hesitant. Now that its FINALLY starting to look like its wearing off. With an increase in confidence his abilities are beginning to shine. His shot looks on point when he lets it go and thats what he needs to do a little bit more often to assert himself.

Julius Randle

He is a triple double machine in the wings. The Lakers have so many pass first guys its no wonder so many guys are racking it up in that column and Julius is one of them. All this team really is missing is a go to scorer and hopefully Julie gets that part of his game down. Very young and extremely good.

Nick Young

No longer fucking Iggy, hitting 3's again. Whatever. Tries on D and actually chases loose balls. WTF?!

Timofey Mozgov

Solid defender. Hustles as well. Puts bodies on people. Thats all we need.

Loul Deng

All i see from Loul is defense, defense, defense. Especially when we are going up against the Durants and Gays. He cant keep up with those young guys for long. His O game is struggling because of it but defense and ball movement is all we reallly need him for.

Brandon Ingram

Brandon has woke up of sorts his last few games. He comes from a world were he was always the man. Now hes off the bench and looking for his role on this team. He will be the starter. For now, defense and ball movement should be his priorities. He shows flashes of what he can do off the dribble and its absolutely impressive. His touch isnt there, but it will be. So young with so much potential. He isnt shy about the 3 ball and if he gets that down watch out. Glimmering with potential.

Lou Williams

Lou has found his groove with his new coach and his hustling team mates. He has shined and his ability to make smart decisions (along with everyone else) has really elevated the Lakers. That shooting touch hasnt gone away and against any second unit he will put up points. Hes on his way to a sixth man award.

Everyone else

Hustle, ball movement, defense. Thats all we need.

Coach Walton

John Wooden once said, "In the end, it's about the teaching, and what I always loved about coaching was the practices. Not the games, not the tournaments, not the alumni stuff. But teaching the players during practice was what coaching was all about to me."

Hes definitely taught them something Byron didnt. Byron can cash his checks but the real coach has surfaced. I wasnt sold on Walton with Tibs out there. I was surprised and disappointed at the selection. But really, who was the best team player? Who was a guy who came off the bench and always looked for the right play? Thats right, Luke Walton. Should have seen this coming. Luke definitely has the pedigree behind so many great coaches. Hes taken a young team, and made sure they are just that, a team. What a difference a year and coach makes.

WALTON...WALTON...WALTON....lol

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nick Young

No longer fucking Iggy, hitting 3's again. Whatever. Tries on D and actually chases loose balls. WTF?!

This is a bigger reason for what we are seeing than I think most realize. I've always liked his talent, but not his brain. Luke seems to have somehow gotten through to him. When you think about where he was by the end of last season and all of the shade (deserved) thrown at him all off-season, for him to be doing what he's doing is pretty remarkable.

Loul Deng

All i see from Loul is defense, defense, defense. Especially when we are going up against the Durants and Gays. He cant keep up with those young guys for long. His O game is struggling because of it but defense and ball movement is all we reallly need him for.

My favorite thing I've seen from him, is that when one of young guys is struggling or makes a mistake, he puts his arm around them, in game, and offers words of advice/calms them down. He's done it with Russell at
least twice that I've seen and it resulted in better play by Russell each time.

Coach Walton

John Wooden once said, "In the end, it's about the teaching, and what I always loved about coaching was the practices. Not the games, not the tournaments, not the alumni stuff. But teaching the players during practice was what coaching was all about to me."

Hes definitely taught them something Byron didnt. Byron can cash his checks but the real coach has surfaced. I wasnt sold on Walton with Tibs out there. I was surprised and disappointed at the selection. But really, who was the best team player? Who was a guy who came off the bench and always looked for the right play? Thats right, Luke Walton. Should have seen this coming. Luke definitely has the pedigree behind so many great coaches. Hes taken a young team, and made sure they are just that, a team. What a difference a year and coach makes.

WALTON...WALTON...WALTON....lol

I loved the hire. I was in the Thibs camp, hadn't even though of Luke and was a bit surprised by the hiring. But as soon as it was announced, I thought it was the right one.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a bigger reason for what we are seeing than I think most realize. I've always liked his talent, but not his brain. Luke seems to have somehow gotten through to him. When you think about where he was by the end of last season and all of the shade (deserved) thrown at him all off-season, for him to be doing what he's doing is pretty remarkable.

My favorite thing I've seen from him, is that when one of young guys is struggling or makes a mistake, he puts his arm around them, in game, and offers words of advice/calms them down. He's done it with Russell at
least twice that I've seen and it resulted in better play by Russell each time.

I loved the hire. I was in the Thibs camp, hadn't even though of Luke and was a bit surprised by the hiring. But as soon as it was announced, I thought it was the right one.
Loul is coming in like Metta did when he first joined the Lakers. Not the same player but still capable.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference between this team and last years team is night and day.

Like I posted on the main board, it took last years team 33 games to win 6, compared to only 10 this year.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lakers can win 40 games, not only do they have a shot at making the finals, they would be right there in the hunt for free agents in the summer. I'm not sure they need a lot though or would if Zibac were to develop into a really good center.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon has been standing around to much on the rebounding end. Would like to see him put more effort into that.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brandon has been standing around to much on the rebounding end. Would like to see him put more effort into that.
I think he is learning slowly - it's going to take him this entire season in my opinion to really become a good player, but that's the sweet part - He will come into his own by next year, Randle and Russell are there. Black is becoming a beast, Young is actually playing good(never thought I would say that), Clarkson and Nance are developing nice. The Lakers have built this team from the draft very quickly.

Malibu

PEACE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is very deep and the young guys are improving game by game. Just need more intensity on defense at times. This team is on the way up. Go Lakers!!! Peace.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Black had a lot of potential that was not being used by Scott.

I never understood why Black wasn't being played more, especially with how terrible Hibbert was.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always thought Black had a lot of potential that was not being used by Scott.

I never understood why Black wasn't being played more, especially with how terrible Hibbert was.
Hes just limited offensively. A guy like Larry is a bit better shooter and the same on the rebounding, but larry hustles better.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hes just limited offensively. A guy like Larry is a bit better shooter and the same on the rebounding, but larry hustles better.

Idk, Black has surprisingly good vision when he is down in the paint. He's always a threat to, and often does, find the open man on the perimeter when he doesn't have a sure bucket.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk, Black has surprisingly good vision when he is down in the paint. He's always a threat to, and often does, find the open man on the perimeter when he doesn't have a sure bucket.
Black has been a beast and that's because he has worked hard during the summer on his footwork. As a result, Walton is rewarding him with time on the floor. This Lakers squad could very well be good enough to go deep without a free agent in the summer. Just imagine if this team goes 40 wins and makes the playoffs

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If Black is limited offensively, why is it he is usually scoring points that are equivalent to his minutes ( i.e., 6 puts in 7 minutes, etc )?

If you are scoring points equal to your minutes, it's hard to call a guy limited offensively when he is producing while he is on the court.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black has the 3rd highest per on the team behind Williams and Randle.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though we had a loss last night to the Spurs, we are holding down the 7-8 spot in the Western Conference. That is a huge jump from last year when we would consistently be holding down the cellar spots in the ENTIRE league.

Inimical

Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Brandon is shooting 37% and 20% from 3. Horrendous.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Brandon is shooting 37% and 20% from 3. Horrendous.

Meanwhile, Clarkson is shooting 49% and 38% from 3. He's also improved his defensive rating by 6 points so far this season.