• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ethan Westbrooks vs Micheal Sam

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vita, speaking of Trey Watts?
Yes, I apparently I missed the 'Y' in Trey and not to be confused with our high round RB Tre Mason out of Auburn...

Tre Mason makes the cut, barring significant injury, no matter what.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the risk of bringing up a past argument, we really don't know how much of a distraction Sam will be once the season begins. Now we have the "Shower Habit" story circulating about Sam. Obviously ESPN isn't going to let this rest, and will revisit Michael Sam every chance they get even after the season starts. If he only improves our team incrementally, I say cut him and avoid any potential future issues. I suspect he will be the final cut anyway because I think Westbrooks has marginally outplayed him to this point. Both will probably get significant playing time the last preseason game to definitively decide the choice between the two. Of course they could also both make the roster.....if other positions underperform.

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, I apparently I missed the 'Y' in Trey and not to be confused with our high round RB Tre Mason out of Auburn...

Tre Mason makes the cut, barring significant injury, no matter what.

I also would like to see Watts make the squad.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrooks is playing lights out right now and has the edge on Sam.

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a coach and don't get paid to evaluate talent...Both of those things are for a reason...Having said that, I like Westbrooks at this point...The tipping point for me is the fact that he can play inside...Sam will be the focal point for the sensitive folks out there...It will be interesting to see how long the media beats the carcass of this dead horse if Sam is cut (as I think he will be)...

jacobarch

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a coach and don't get paid to evaluate talent...Both of those things are for a reason...Having said that, I like Westbrooks at this point...The tipping point for me is the fact that he can play inside...Sam will be the focal point for the sensitive folks out there...It will be interesting to see how long the media beats the carcass of this dead horse if Sam is cut (as I think he will be)...

I think everyone has Westbrooks rated higher than Sam. But the media will never let you know that. First thing I heard on the two minute drill this morning (sirius xm) was, "Sam has six tackles in the preseason finale." Who F'ing cares! It's going to be a shit storm if we cut him (Sam) and we only have the media to blame for it. I don't care who Sam is as long as he plays hard. And so far he has, but the media is going to spin it and it's going to blow up in our faces. I don't blame the FO for this either, although they had to expect things were going to happen with E! ent....I mean ESPN. I feel for Westbrooks because he might get the short end of the stick. The Kid has played every position on the DL and played well against the 1's and 2's. I'll admit Sam has been pretty good too, but mostly against the 2's and 3's. And he often disappears because of his size. I doubt the Rams keep 10 DLmen because they'll have to skim somewhere else and we are pretty thin all over this team.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Westbrook over Sam.

Media will make a big scene if Sam is cut.

St. Louis Rams cut openly Gay player

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure it'll be that bad. I think Fisher has made it pretty clear all along he wasn't a lock. His comments after game 1 seemed like he was setting the table to cut him and curb expectations along the way. I will be surprised if he makes the team but I'd also be surprised if he isn't picked up by someone else.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most publicity our Rams are getting on ESPN that I've seen in a long time(since the GSOT days). Usually ESPN doesnt ever publisize anything on our team. They mostly only publish when we lose!...LOL

If we cut Sam, I guess we will back on their shit list, on the other hand if he stays, I'm predicting he will be on every highlight film all season long just for making a stinkin tackle on special teams for cryin out loud. I will be kind of ticked if they decide to keep Sam and axe Westbrooks. If that happens Im thinking this is some kind of political statement this organization is trying to send.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Random conversation but what if we were to cut somebody like Alex Carrington instead of sam or westbrook.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carrington is a big body, 6-5, 320lbs. Westbrook and Sam are smaller speedier types. The Rams will make a decision between Westbrook and Sam and all the angles have been adequately covered for the potential consequences of each of the scenarios. So I'll refrain from piling on-15 yard penalty!

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Westbrook over Sam :nod:

not that there's anything wrong with that!!!!! :pound:

mikey728

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the most publicity our Rams are getting on ESPN that I've seen in a long time(since the GSOT days). Usually ESPN doesnt ever publisize anything on our team. They mostly only publish when we lose!...LOL

If we cut Sam, I guess we will back on their shit list, on the other hand if he stays, I'm predicting he will be on every highlight film all season long just for making a stinkin tackle on special teams for cryin out loud. I will be kind of ticked if they decide to keep Sam and axe Westbrooks. If that happens Im thinking this is some kind of political statement this organization is trying to send.

I would be really disappointed if Sam was kept at the expense of Westbrooks...I think that would be just plain wrong....The only way Sam makes the team is if they both do, IMHO...(And I just can't see keeping 11 DL)

mutigers1fan

the SoCo kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read last night that Westbrooks had been told he made the team.

UnrealTerm04

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read last night that Westbrooks had been told he made the team.

Good news and the better choice made it. Although, I suppose to they could still make room for Sam but I doubt they will.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they are going to cut a DL to keep Sam, I would guess Carrington, but even that's a little questionable. It seems they are trying to find a trade partner before cutting Sam loose.