• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Scouts INC Ranking of skills on Reid

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
At pick 61, why not this kid (who's more of a ballhawk / playmaker) instead of using the 18th pick on Reid:

Althought I think 61 is a little high for Rambo, why not do both?

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes, us fans who regarded AJ Jenkins as a 2nd or 3rd round prospect should always feel compelled that the front office has made the best decision for us for every draft pick they have made in the history of the NFL. Fans are never right and 49ers front office are never wrong.

fans surely can express opinions, so not trying to tell you to stop. but sorry if i take the 49ers opinion over anybody else's. yes, any NFL team can be right or wrong, but i'll still take their opinion.

we'll just have to wait and see, on both AJ and Reid.

just be consistent 2-3 years later, unlike some who seem to claim otherwise after the fact?

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, us fans who regarded AJ Jenkins as a 2nd or 3rd round prospect should always feel compelled that the front office has made the best decision for us for every draft pick they have made in the history of the NFL. Fans are never right and 49ers front office are never wrong.

Yea but every GM misses here and there with a pick...a lot of times it's years in a row with their #1 pick (see Raidtards), so I'm comfortable with the selection here. You never know, we could see Reid at SS with another pick being used at S, or even someone else on the roster or in camp that they might have their eyes on taking S. People freaked on Kaep being picked...

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

I graded AJ as a 2nd rounder but even before the draft had talks with Clyde that AJ could go in the 1st round. Baalke still may be right with Jenkins, he still hasn't had a chance to prove himself.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yea but every GM misses here and there with a pick...a lot of times it's years in a row with their #1 pick (see Raidtards), so I'm comfortable with the selection here. You never know, we could see Reid at SS with another pick being used at S, or even someone else on the roster or in camp that they might have their eyes on taking S. People freaked on Kaep being picked...

Not many. Only Sick

yossarian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was always true that the front office always knows what it is doing more than the general public, there'd never be any cause to fire the GM, and people like Jamarcus Russell would never get drafted. Now that being said, I don't really understand what all the handwringing is about, I don't think Reid HAS to be a pro bowler to justify the move, we needed a safety, they graded him out as the player they wanted, and they had draft capital to make it happen. If he starts and is a good player its probably worth it. I was listening last night and a lot of the experts liked the move and didn't think we gave up that much. We still have our two second round picks today to get other help. I also think that's the main thing, this team had more picks than it can use, we have some holes, and we're filling them. Let's relax before we start saying Baalke is an idiot.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I graded AJ as a 2nd rounder but even before the draft had talks with Clyde that AJ could go in the 1st round. Baalke still may be right with Jenkins, he still hasn't had a chance to prove himself.

Who was the receiver that was activated instead of Jenkins (playoffs game)? Well, he's disagreeing with you.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not many. Only Sick

I guess my point was, that pick raised eyebrows when there were far more sexy pics with "NFL potential" at the time on the board, and well, it looks as if the were looking at the right tangibles as well as taking the intangibles into consideration as well. Those are they types if things that we are not privy to. Am I/we/coaches 100% sure? Nope...but i trust their evaluation...and I think we'll be alright.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I guess my point was, that pick raised eyebrows when there were far more sexy pics with "NFL potential" at the time on the board, and well, it looks as if the were looking at the right tangibles as well as taking the intangibles into consideration as well. Those are they types if things that we are not privy to. Am I/we/coaches 100% sure? Nope...but i trust their evaluation...and I think we'll be alright.

agree.

NFL teams can be wrong and more specifically, the 49ers can be wrong. but the odds of them being wrong versus a fan being wrong....is a big difference.

not knocking any fan expressing his opinion, and not trying to change your opinion. was just thinking i'd 'temper' it by questioning our mindset after months of 'draft-nik'? anyway, sorry if my posting came off otherwise.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Who was the receiver that was activated instead of Jenkins (playoffs game)? Well, he's disagreeing with you.

So, do you think there's a chance AJ actually might not make the team this year? I think he was benched this year because of an entitlement issue. They know he has a fairely high ceiling and the uppers want to make sure he lives up to it.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I thought this was cute. After all that talking of AJ Jenkins I thought I'd find me some youtube videos to reinforce my belief that he'll eventually become a great slot receiver. And while I do stand firm on that belief, I found videos of a coach cheating AJ...

[YOUTUBE]97Yvm1B-vVI[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]RgWEv-DXV-g[/YOUTUBE]

Use the "Right-Arrow" button to play in slow motion to see the finish

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're an idiot. I can't wait 8 months from now when we bring this thread back up. During their bowl game DeAndre Hopkins made this dude look like Roy Williams in coverage out there. He's not equiped to handle the speedy/athletic receivers he will be asked to cover in this division.

I watched a lot of SEC games and the kid is a stud, hes big, strong and can knock people out and recovers well. He will be damn good and as usual you will be wrong, :clap:

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I watched a lot of SEC games and the kid is a stud, hes big, strong and can knock people out and recovers well. He will be damn good and as usual you will be wrong, :clap:

Oh yeah, you're one of those people who comes here to claim that you're the only person in America with a television set. The rest of us live in a 3rd world nation with no electricity.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Oh yeah, you're one of those people who comes here to claim that you're the only person in America with a television set. The rest of us live in a 3rd world nation with no electricity.

I don't live in Detroit.

Heyoooooooo!!!

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought this was related: 49ers' picks show pundits figuring them out - NFC West Blog

Maybe the picks that were made in 2012 were unpredictable because people acted like we were picking for our former QB, not Kaep. But if Jenkins and LMJ pans out, would that have been predictable if people were looking at it from the standpoint of choosing for a Kaep-led team? Not talking about where we picked them, just who.

(Obviously the "experts" couldn't have predicted this in 2011 since they didn't know we were getting Kaep, but Harbaalke knew, so our picks were geared that way, perhaps. 2012 was more fair for guessing that we were picking for Kaep's team.)

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

:lame:

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't claim this about Badgers, just in general.

Those people bug me or possibly worse, those who say they were at the game, claiming that seeing the whole field means infinitely more, like a trump card. I admit that seeing the whole field beats not seeing it, but it doesn't trump all arguments for everything. Neither the fan in the stadium nor the All-22 fan nor the CBS broadcast fan or heck, even the CBS announcer would know every play called, the angle seen from the players, etc. But still, you'll get those saying one player was getting dominated or one receiver was always open... and he knows because he was there.

The worst is when someone cites fans sitting around them for insight to try to win an argument. The everyone that was there disagrees with you or had invaluable insight argument. The public at large are just as wrong or right as anyone here on a message board.

BINGO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1