• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Roll call?

SY8goat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice site! I was bigcm88 on the ESPN board. I changed it to Steve Young - Greatest of All-time, to give my favorite 49er some love.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice site! I was bigcm88 on the ESPN board. I changed it to Steve Young - Greatest of All-time, to give my favorite 49er some love.

It's a VERY close call, but Young's my favorite as well...maybe because he didn't play on another team after his last one with the Niners (I know, I know..he was hurt). Not saying that's def the reason, but just popped into my head as I was typing, it's possible it gave him the edge.

Play at 2:07 gets me misty. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a VERY close call, but Young's my favorite as well...maybe because he didn't play on another team after his last one with the Niners (I know, I know..he was hurt). Not saying that's def the reason, but just popped into my head as I was typing, it's possible it gave him the edge.

Wow, that video brought back some very fond memories. Gotta say Steve is still my favorite 9er. Young to Rice is what i grew up on. I was just a little too young to remember most of the great Montana moments.

btw i changed my avatar for you mem.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that video brought back some very fond memories. Gotta say Steve is still my favorite 9er. Young to Rice is what i grew up on. I was just a little too young to remember most of the great Montana moments.

That's like me, some of he Montana moments are just fuzzy.

Ya, I noted the avi change on another thread. U know I was just kiddin', keep whichever one u like bro'!

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

The call on that play by Lon Simmons is, in my very bias opinion, one of the great sports calls of all time. IMO, Lon Simmons was one of the very best sports announcers of all time as well!

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I was 8 when that super bowl took place. Can't explain how happy I was that night. Glued to the TV, laying on the floor at my parents friends house, in my red and gold pajamas, and I don't think I blinked once. Just remember how amazing and effortless the 49ers made that game seem. Best night for me as a 49er fan.

Second best was going to my first and only 49er game at Cleveland. Bryant Young's last game. We lost, but I am so happy I got to see him play at least one game.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was 8 when that super bowl took place. Can't explain how happy I was that night. Glued to the TV, laying on the floor at my parents friends house, in my red and gold pajamas, and I don't think I blinked once. Just remember how amazing and effortless the 49ers made that game seem. Best night for me as a 49er fan.

Second best was going to my first and only 49er game at Cleveland. Bryant Young's last game. We lost, but I am so happy I got to see him play at least one game.

That's one, the other game most ingrained in my memory is when Rice broke the TD record against the Raiders. I knew that team so well! I was on the phone with a friend; not only did I call him getting the record, I called the flanker reverse right when they ran it. My buddy had to admit I knew my Niners and they were badass!

:thrasher:

Yoshi

LOS CATALANES SUPREMA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yosh! No kidding..fight was done and he still tried to be a big man..and took out the hitting coach lol.

Did you see Mota? He got in there and pulled victarina's helmet off during the scrum.

I say good-the Giants need something to light a fire under their asses. Good for ramirez

Man, the GMen won 1 of the 4 this weekend, but I'll take it. Rather have this now than 2 months from this point.

Yeah I watched that replay 4 times on Saturday morning from start to finish. I heard Victarina has a personality disorder, but his last second lunge = Epic fail! Guy's still a wuss, and Ramirez displayed more cajones by wanting to actually take him on. :mad2:

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Same here. I dont remember Montana all that much unfortunately because I was pretty young. It was all Rice and Young for me.

And excellent video. Seeing those old vids makes me miss those days even more where we were Superbowl contenders. Now we just hope to have a winning season. Damn, we gotta get back on top soon....

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Love this video.

[YOUTUBE]rjaQd-JuDcw[/YOUTUBE]

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Right on Mem49er! Not only was Steve Young the most dangerous, efficient man to ever hold a football, but he's also one of the most under-appreciated players in the history of the game IMO. He kind of screwed Montana's legacy a little and vice versa... he's still probably my favourite player of all time.

...maybe BY.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ahh thanks, I need some of that. Stuck at my IQ number right now...

LMFAO!!!!!!!! You just earned more reps!!!!

I read your post and then looked over to see your rep score ~ F'ing hilarious!

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
glad to see my dumbness humors you. now i have to go to therapy to get one of these :grouphug:

49ermann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
jumping ship from ESPN boards. I don't post a lot but I frequent the boards for info on the team.