• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN pulls Williams from MNF opening

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Walt Disney himself may have been a conservative although I believe he was a liberal but the corporation today is very liberal.

That is ridiculous, Disney execs made edits to The Path to 9-11 intended to lay blame more on the Clinton Administration and ABC Radio runs KSFO. Very Liberal indeed.

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think ESPN needs to take a long hard look at itself in the mirror on this one. ESPN is a news network first and foremost and as such should fully understand the meaning of freedom of speech.

They should also understand due criticism.

Obama preached during his campaign about how he was change we could believe in. He fleeced the population into believing he would make things better. Three years later and things are actually worst. Obama deserves all the criticism.

Case in point for ESPN. The Eagles spend the off-season bringing in big names and being hyped as the team to beat in the NFL. We are now 4 games into a 1-3 season for the Eagles, and they are getting ripped by the media. Do they deserve it? absolutely and so does Obama.

Imagine if the NFL conducted their business the way ESPN is right now? Imagine if the NFL came out and said they were pulling ESPN's media rights to their product because of harsh comments being made on Sportscenter about some of their teams?

This is a joke and someone for Disney made an ill-advised decision on this one.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
If you really think that ABC is right winged...... I fear for you....

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
??

I put the extra ? in there because posting one character is not allowed.

You said Netanyahu to hitler was a better comparison. Netanyahu is the Prime minister of Israel. He is Jewish. Hitler tried to kill all the Jews. That is why I was confused on the Hitler to netanyahu comment.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think ESPN needs to take a long hard look at itself in the mirror on this one. ESPN is a news network first and foremost and as such should fully understand the meaning of freedom of speech.

They should also understand due criticism.

Obama preached during his campaign about how he was change we could believe in. He fleeced the population into believing he would make things better. Three years later and things are actually worst. Obama deserves all the criticism.

Case in point for ESPN. The Eagles spend the off-season bringing in big names and being hyped as the team to beat in the NFL. We are now 4 games into a 1-3 season for the Eagles, and they are getting ripped by the media. Do they deserve it? absolutely and so does Obama.

Imagine if the NFL conducted their business the way ESPN is right now? Imagine if the NFL came out and said they were pulling ESPN's media rights to their product because of harsh comments being made on Sportscenter about some of their teams?

This is a joke and someone for Disney made an ill-advised decision on this one.

What does "Free Speech" have to do with it? If I represent my company on TV and alienate a large portion of our customers should my speech be protected?

The NFL has every right to get rid of ESPN as a partner at the end of their contract for whatever reason they choose.

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If you really think that ABC is right winged...... I fear for you....

I gave you two examples of why I might think they lean to the right. Why do you think they are liberal? Someone on Fox said so?

sayheykid1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
You said Netanyahu to hitler was a better comparison. Netanyahu is the Prime minister of Israel. He is Jewish. Hitler tried to kill all the Jews. That is why I was confused on the Hitler to netanyahu comment.

It is better to call the Black guy Hitler?

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
What does "Free Speech" have to do with it? If I represent my company on TV and alienate a large portion of our customers should my speech be protected?

The NFL has every right to get rid of ESPN as a partner at the end of their contract for whatever reason they choose.

Alienate a large portion of our customers? While people might not agree with his comments, doesn't ABC have people on their channels that debate politics? Do they not ridicule the presidents. I remember all the Bush hate on their channels. They invite those people on. But if somebody says it on a competing network, they cancel his song? Just wondering why ABC would invite people to bash on one president, but if somebody says something like this about Obama, it is a big deal. Bush was called Hitler everyday.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate that song and I want it gone but not this way. Total overreaction by ESPN

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It is better to call the Black guy Hitler?

and what the fuck does Obama being black have to do with anything. I am tired of that bull shit. He sucks ass no matter what color he might be.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Williams isn't the first person to get 'punished', other TV analyst and radio jockeys got it worse.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's just one game, good god... you're acting like ESPN ordered the execution of his family.

ESPN has to protect it's own image. It's the nature of the business. The last thing anyone in their line of work wants to do is go to war with the ADL. Mel Gibson let his views slip, and he'll be lucky if he ever works again in TV and Movies.

Clyde had it right, you don't compare people to Hitler because in the eyes of the ADL... nobody comes close. To say someone is like Hitler, is to tell the ADL to go fuck themselves and stop crying about the Holocaust... at least that seems to be the way they take it.

Don Imus didn't get canned because the radio station disagreed with him, they fired his butt because they weren't going to take the hit for his comments. They wanted nothing to do with the boycotts and bad press if they chose to keep him.

In the end, it's only one game. In 2 weeks, everyone will forget this even happened.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't get why he is being punished? He said that he didn't like those two playing golf together. He said they are polar opposites and that is why he used the Hitler Netanyahu comparison. He said it might be extreme but he was trying to make a point. He din't call Obama Hitler. People are so damn over the top.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I gave you two examples of why I might think they lean to the right. Why do you think they are liberal? Someone on Fox said so?

No because you can't bash Obama on their programs. And they drooled all over this guy's nuts during the campaign. Everybody knows Fox is right. ABC is not right winged.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
It's just one game, good god... you're acting like ESPN ordered the execution of his family.

ESPN has to protect it's own image. It's the nature of the business. The last thing anyone in their line of work wants to do is go to war with the ADL. Mel Gibson let his views slip, and he'll be lucky if he ever works again in TV and Movies.

Clyde had it right, you don't compare people to Hitler because in the eyes of the ADL... nobody comes close. To say someone is like Hitler, is to tell the ADL to go fuck themselves and stop crying about the Holocaust... at least that seems to be the way they take it.

Don Imus didn't get canned because the radio station disagreed with him, they fired his butt because they weren't going to take the hit for his comments. They wanted nothing to do with the boycotts and bad press if they chose to keep him.

In the end, it's only one game. In 2 weeks, everyone will forget this even happened.

So instead of being pissed off and speaking out about something you think is ridiculous, you would just sit back and not care. I have a feeling if he said this about Bush, ABC does nothing.

Lightyear49er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disney execs made edits to The Path to 9-11 intended to lay blame more on the Clinton Administration.

I appreciate them correcting it but that doesn't make them conservative. It just shows they did atleast one thing right.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So instead of being pissed off and speaking out about something you think is ridiculous, you would just sit back and not care. I have a feeling if he said this about Bush, ABC does nothing.

you can speak out, but do it in the right place, right setting, etc.

next, if you choose to speak out fine, then choose to receive the consequences of your mouth. if you walk up to Pacquio and tells him he's weak, then he punches you in the mouth.......are you going to claim free speech?

Disney can do what they like with their property, whats so hard to understand? sponsors have pulled their plug on Tiger Woods, its their perogative to do so. why can't Disney do what they want with their property, 'free speech' right?