• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN insider reveals Washington as a possible landing spot for Aaron Rodgers

countryroads316

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

“Washington could try to follow in the footsteps of the reigning NFL champs in making their own deal,” Barnwell said. “The Bucs took a promising defense and then added Tom Brady to the fold before winning the Super Bowl. Ron Rivera’s team ranked fourth in scoring defense a year ago, and by dealing away Ryan Fitzpatrick, Matt Ionnidis, two first-round picks and two second-round picks, they could get their own Hall of Famer.”

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm on board if....we don't have to give up any 2nds

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 first rounders, sure. 2 second rounders, sure. Matty ICE, no f'n way, no deal! :dhd:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my mid 60s .... I should be for him coming here. It might be my last chance at seeing them win another Super Bowl. :scratch: :noidea: I probably am not going to outlast Dan. One can hope ....:pound:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my biggest fear is that we think we are better then we are because we won the NFC east and when it comes down to playing the big boys we will come up lacking . we were fortunate that injuries werent a huge issue like previous seasons .

to give up 2 1sts and 2 2nds for an aging superstar sounds like a cerrato move . , an allen move

so you have to be right and you have to make and win the superbowl to make this trade a good one because giving up that many top 100 picks will set us back some because we might have some cap space for now but you put in peril resigning allen payne young and sweat and Tmac for our young core guys .

thomas , JD , lucas , leno , wes also become iffy and you are looking to replace them with 3rd -7th draft picks the same with the youngsters above

right now the key to this being a team that can win with AR is the defense , once that is gone you are asking a guy who is 37 to keep playing at a high level at a manageable price

so i am on the fence about this . history tells me with this club that its a shortcut to success that has failed us often

on the other hand if you think you can win a superbowl this year or the next and you go for it i cant argue it

but if you fail......................

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What makes anybody believe Rodgers wants to play? He is a bitch. TB did not have to give up anything for Tom Brady so they can continue to develop the roster.

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a good deal to make for the reasons Gekoka said: Rodgers is relatively unreliable, certainly seems a little primadonna like now, and at the very best is an aging qb.

Two firsts, two seconds, Matt I and Fitzy on an afforable one year contract seems like an awfully high price to pay for anybody, let alone a qb with questionable desire and a lot of wear on the treads.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rogers has always been a diva though, even when he was in the green room thinking he'd go #1.
He's the same guy, he's also a first ballot hall of famer, his character gets swept under the rug because he's been the most talented QB in the NFL.
And yes, less talented QBs have been more successful, i won't deny that

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am neither for or against. Rodgers seems to me to be a little bitch boy. The SOB can play. You are right dad, this is a move to get or even more importantly win the SB.

I am okay with building the team )efense and supporting cast and trying to find a QB they can win with.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not interested in the superbowl right now .. i dont want to be the next Denver broncos getting manning loading up winning a superbowl then disapere to be irrelevant again in a 3 year time span . I want good sound roster moves, good drafting, i want i want to win The Nfc east 6 times 7 times in a 10 to 12 year span . I want to be Pitt, seems like they always good and if a superbowl happens Fine .. i want RR to be in our FO after he has retired from coaching i am done with these 4 to 6 win seasons . I want OC Scott Turner HCIW i want Mills DCIW i dont want to sell the farm then collapse after ward's so No to Rogers No to Watson. , think about this if we would have signed/traded for stafford

1. No Wr Samuel ( no money)
2 . No Jamin Davis
3. No Dymi Brown
4 . No Fritz ( No Need )
5 and some other free Agent signings

Last edited:

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Note lions would have gotten out First rd pick (Jamin davis) and our 3 rd pick (Dynmi brown)

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt there are two ways to skin a cat. So lets go back to the year 2000 again. Of course New England has won 6 times in 20 years. It might be awhile if ever that we see that again.

Baltimore - 2001 and 2013 - different QBs
Pittsburgh - 2006 and 2009 - Big Ben
NY Giants - 2008 and 2012 - Eli

That is your list of repeat winners and includes more than half of the winners in that span of time.

I am not saying you are right or wrong but you would rather be a perennial playoff team for 6 or 7 years with no Super Bowls versus winning one in 3 or 4? I can tell you it sure was nice in the 80s when we expected the playoffs every year and won three Super Bowls but the cap doesn't allow you to build teams like that anymore. I think if the team went to the playoffs 3 or 4 years in a row without a SB win fans would be clamoring for a Bowl win. Kind of like the Caps .... they won the Cup a few years ago and we are all hollering bloody murder because they cannot make it past the 1st round three years in a row.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not interested in the superbowl right now .. i dont want to be the next Denver broncos getting manning loading up winning a superbowl then disapere to be irrelevant again in a 3 year time span . I want good sound roster moves, good drafting, i want i want to win The Nfc east 6 times 7 times in a 10 to 12 year span . I want to be Pitt, seems like they always good and if a superbowl happens Fine .. i want RR to be in our FO after he has retired from coaching i am done with these 4 to 6 win seasons . I want OC Scott Turner HCIW i want Mills DCIW i dont want to sell the farm then collapse after ward's so No to Rogers No to Watson. , think about this if we would have signed/traded for stafford

1. No Wr Samuel ( no money)
2 . No Jamin Davis
3. No Dymi Brown
4 . No Fritz ( No Need )
5 and some other free Agent signings

Ohhh that brings up a good side argument. Why does denver suck so bad?
Hate to trash Elway but he sucks at his, job and they can't draft worth a lick.
Nice to see our FO and co try to finally build

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a Super Bowl ASAP as long it’s done by building correctly long term. If you take short cuts and fail then it’s a huge setback

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL.

They should be more interested in Julio Jones.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,551.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GB is likely to trade him to a team in the AFC anyway.