• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN Fantasy Player Projections...

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...are fun to read, but I wonder how they come to a consensus on some of these.

Both James Jones and Santonio Holmes projected for 12 points this week? Hmm...:scratch:

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Useless I say. Montee Ball for 2?

It seems to me that they are guessing rather than projecting.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather use some homeless man's projections than any of these "experts". I rarely look at these bc I have a pretty good grasp of how I "think" a player will do. I'm not always correct, but is rather lose off of my own inclination than a fantasy "expert".

P.S. I like using " ". ;)

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going back and forth on Montee for a flex option...he certainly is enticing, especially with a banged up Pats defense.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd rather use some homeless man's projections than any of these "experts". I rarely look at these bc I have a pretty good grasp of how I "think" a player will do. I'm not always correct, but is rather lose off of my own inclination than a fantasy "expert".

Heh. My favorite is still :laugh3:. I'm also wondering how yer boy Burleson is gonna fare. Along with Montee, he's another intriguing flex play. I think he might be a week away, though. :noidea:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fantasy experts know about fantasy football as much as we do...As long as you follow the game closely,you know about as much as they do.
Nobody knows what game plans teams have going into Sunday other than the teams themselves.And usually that goes out the window after awhile.

And you are right,I`d rather lose off my own thinking rather than lose off what they say...........
What i hate about it is,a lot of times i second guess myself and end up losing.:doh:

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In all honesty I think you whoop me this week when I look at the matchups but they have me as a 1 point favorite...................their projections have been the worst I've seen this year but then again seems like nobody has been really close.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The silly part of projections is that a guy will either get a TD or he won't. For a given game you can't project a guy for half a TD. So if they figure 63 yards they have to project 6, 12, or 18.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I use them as a reference, but they almost always overshoot on low end starters and underrate the greats.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right there with you.

I don't mind that ESPN tries to project points, and I don't mind if they even throw in a few reasonable statements as to why. But what I could certainly do without is the sarcasm that they feel they need to throw in...

Here's some samples:

• Tavon Austin - Austin has flashed big-play potential throughout the season; whether that translates into consistent fantasy value from here is anyone's guess. ME: Good thing that ESPN doesn't have a guess either.
  • John Carlson - the Vikings' chaotic quarterback situation makes it tough to trust Carlson. ME: Since Rudolph went down, he's been "the man" all of the chaotic Vikes QB's are looking to throw to.
  • Big Ben - For those facing injuries or simply poor play at the position, you could do worse for a contingency option. ME: 1000 yards and 9 TD in his last 3 games and he's just taken over the 12th spot. He's already done better than ESPN's preseason projections for him (ranked 14th).

OK, maybe I just happen to look at these as sarcastic. But if your fantasy team needs help, and you need to plug in a guy for the week, as bad as some players may be, they still may be a better option than some of the underachieving slugs taking up bench space.