• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ESPN All America 1st team

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really shocked that Cameron Serving is not on the list for OT.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are becoming O-line U.

Unreal the talent they have down there at that position.

Skill players as well.

Its amazing. Sherman has there 4 seasons. Recruited 3 OTs that will end up top 5-10 picks. 2 in one class.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get how the leading returning rusher in the nation who ran for 100 plus yards in 11 games last season gets snubbed for Melvin Gordon, but whatever.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
LB Myles Jack UCLA

Havent watched him play much to have my own opinion. Ive just read on this board quite often that most Pac12 fans think that not only not one of the best LBs in the Pac12. He wasn't even the first or second best LB on his own team.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Havent watched him play much to have my own opinion. Ive just read on this board quite often that most Pac12 fans think that not only not one of the best LBs in the Pac12. He wasn't even the first or second best LB on his own team.

I think this is absurd. I watched all of every UCLA game last season and he was the best defensive player on UCLA as a freshman. I would listen to an argument that he wasn't the best player but I would disagree. Let's not forget that Anthony Barr was in that team too. There really isn't any shame in saying he was the second best linebacker on that team (although I think he was the best).

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Marcus Mariota Oregon

RB Melvin Gordon Wisky
RB Todd Gurley UGA

WR Nelson Algholar USC
WR Amari Cooper Bama

TE Nick O'Leary
OT Brandon Scherff Iowa
OG AJ Cann South Carolina
C Hronnis Grassu Oregon
OG Tre Jackson FSU
OT Cedric Oguebhi Texas A&M

If he goes first round, that will make THREE offensive lineman recruited by Mike Sherman in a couple of years. That guy could spot OL talent.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, I really hope Mariota wins the Heisman. I've seen several interviews with him, and he really impresses me. Hope he can stay healthy all year.

Secondly, I would like to see this list and the final list of those that actually become AA after the season.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think this is absurd. I watched all of every UCLA game last season and he was the best defensive player on UCLA as a freshman. I would listen to an argument that he wasn't the best player but I would disagree. Let's not forget that Anthony Barr was in that team too. There really isn't any shame in saying he was the second best linebacker on that team (although I think he was the best).

Let's not forget Zumwalt either.

his 1st team nod is justified IMO.

eaterfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Also Erick Kendricks is no slouch. I'd think he's at least a 4th rounder this season. Playing with 3 other NFL linebackers certainly made life easier for Jack but I think it sometimes took away from how great he is. Weird is that he looks much improved this fall. He will need to be better to make up for the increased attention he will get without Barr there but I'm confident he will be.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the same token, if Winston had been hurt all year, he probably wouldn't have won the Heisman either.

If Winston had been hurt all year, Alabama would be in QB trouble hardcore this year.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Winston had been hurt all year, Alabama would be in QB trouble hardcore this year.
I guess your not buying that Sims is strongly in contention for the job.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess your not buying that Sims is strongly in contention for the job.

Long term? No. But perhaps the first few games.

Coker is what they want at QB, 100% no doubt about that. But he is so new to the team/system that he isn't reacting fast enough right now and has to think about what the right thing to do is. While Sims has been on the team for 5 years, he doesn't have to think about the right thing to do, he just does it and is more comfortable.

That seems to be the common theme/thing from what I've read about practices and the situation so far. But no, I don't buy that stuff from Saban about someone needs to take things over and lead etc. I 100% believe it's all about when Coker is ready to play at speed.

And Sims knows this as well. I listened to an interview from him yesterday and it was clear in what he said he knows he will be #2. As he was talking about how if the starter goes down the other QB's are all ready to go in etc.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason All Americans = Preseason rankings. Completely useless bullshit

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to Marcus Mariota, I believe the rapist and thief down in FSU deserves the nod for 1st team All American QB. He won the Heisman and National Championship game as a freshman, that's got to count for something?

Mariota will make a strong push for the Heisman this year, but IMO Winston is the best QB going into the season.

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect to Marcus Mariota, I believe the rapist and thief down in FSU deserves the nod for 1st team All American QB. He won the Heisman and National Championship game as a freshman, that's got to count for something?

Mariota will make a strong push for the Heisman this year, but IMO Winston is the best QB going into the season.

Yes but he won all of that having the easiest schedule out of any team to make a BCS title game.

He is good and maybe should be considered 1st team but its something you have to think about.

Pariah

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big XII representin'

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but he won all of that having the easiest schedule out of any team to make a BCS title game.

He is good and maybe should be considered 1st team but its something you have to think about.

And Mother Superior is back...
ron-simmons-damn-o.gif

night

Undocumented PhD
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
QB Marcus Mariota Oregon

RB Melvin Gordon Wisky
RB Todd Gurley UGA