• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Eric Davis Fired From 49ers Broadcast Team?

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why. I thought he did a good job and was very knowledgeable. But he's being replaced by Tim Ryan from FOX.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder why. I thought he did a good job and was very knowledgeable. But he's being replaced by Tim Ryan from FOX.

The Niners could use him in the secondary. But seriously, I thought he did a decent job.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Niners could use him in the secondary. But seriously, I thought he did a decent job.

He did become a very good Corner. he ws so bad his couple of years we used to say "If you ever want to find Eric Davis on the field, just look for the receiver running with the ball and check for the guy trailing behind him by five yards and that will be Eric Davis"

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I second Sick. He was lost. Tim Ryan is a massive upgrade.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I second Sick. He was lost. Tim Ryan is a massive upgrade.

Seems like a massive downgrade for Ryan, doesn't it? Going from being a TV color guy on a national level to a local radio color guy? He must have effed up bad at FOX.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Davis is going to the NFL Network.

Tim Ryan is a local guy so I imagine this gig is ideal for him. His contract was up at his previous gig.

Yadahell

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Davis, but I like Ryan more- so I'm happy with the change. Since I really only hear games on KNBR during the preseason and during regular season highlight shows- the biggest change will be when I am walking around inside the stadium during gametime in search of beer, food, or the pisser. Hopefully, they still run the KNBR audio in the new stadium's bathroom or have it upgraded to include TV's in front of the urinals.

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Pretty huge upgrade. Davis is an empty suit. Almost never says anything of any significance, usually just repeats what Ted says in different words.

Their worst mistake was firing Gary Plummer, who was awesome, and Tim Ryan is like a partial recovery there.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eric Davis is going to the NFL Network.

Tim Ryan is a local guy so I imagine this gig is ideal for him. His contract was up at his previous gig.

Davis has been with the NFL network for a couple of years now.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Davis, but I like Ryan more- so I'm happy with the change. Since I really only hear games on KNBR during the preseason and during regular season highlight shows- the biggest change will be when I am walking around inside the stadium during gametime in search of beer, food, or the pisser. Hopefully, they still run the KNBR audio in the new stadium's bathroom or have it upgraded to include TV's in front of the urinals.

Ryan is very good, that's why I'm surprised he would take such a downgrade in position.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty huge upgrade. Davis is an empty suit. Almost never says anything of any significance, usually just repeats what Ted says in different words.

Their worst mistake was firing Gary Plummer, who was awesome, and Tim Ryan is like a partial recovery there.

ED was just fine; good analysis and insight. He could break down a play. Ryan is borderline awful. Never met a cliche he didn't like.

Apparently, moving into the new stadium the Niners are going to expand inhouse production and need their radio guys on site almost every day. ED works for the NFL network and can't make it work logistically.

If you think ED is an empty suit, wait til you hear Ryan.

Plummer got fired b/c he's an idiot. He went an interview show and disclosed sexual escapades of his teammates while a Niner. He basically was asking to be fired. I liked him a lot, but he clearly wanted out.